Author Topic: Making a Murderer- Lets all rage together  (Read 10620 times)

Offline Gerbig

• Frequent Poster
  • Stream Crosser
Making a Murderer- Lets all rage together
« on: December 23, 2015, 10:40:15 AM »
Filmed over a 10-year period, Making a Murderer is an unprecedented real-life thriller about a DNA exoneree who, while in the midst of exposing corruption in local law enforcement, finds himself the prime suspect in a grisly new crime. Set in America's heartland, the series takes viewers inside a high-stakes criminal case where reputation is everything and things are never as they appear.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/making-a-murderer/s01/

http://www.vulture.com/2015/12/making-a-murderer-episode-one.html

http://www.htrnews.com/story/news/local/2015/12/21/sheriff-making-murderer-movie-not-documentary/77715576/

Offline GodSlayer

• Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
Re: Making a Murderer- Lets all rage together
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2015, 11:17:12 AM »
cops are cunts. what world you living in that you need to learn about this from television?
Quote from: Thomas Carlyle
In a controversy, the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth, and have begun striving for ourselves.

Offline Gerbig

• Frequent Poster
  • Stream Crosser
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2015, 11:17:56 AM »
netflix actually.

Offline GodSlayer

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2015, 11:20:44 AM »
netflix actually.

edit: from hipster television
In a controversy, the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth, and have begun striving for ourselves.

Offline Neutral Milk

• Forum Historian
  • Physics makes us all its bitches.
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2015, 11:24:56 AM »
I really don't understand the post-conviction process, or the appeals process. Either this film was tremendously biased and showed the evidence in a way that convinced the viewer he was innocent when he in fact wasn't, or there's something more corrupt then I'd like to believe not just at the local level, but all the way up to the state level. I guess the third option is that there isn't corruption the system is just really broken.

One thing I didn't like about the documentary was the poisoning the well with the soft-toned prosecutor. Don't get me wrong, I thought that guy was a huge dick nozzle and wanted to punch him in his beaver cheeks, but including the text messaging scandal was irrelevant and took away from the facts of the case in my opinion. That was a totally different form of smarmyness. People being creepy sleezebags has nothing to do with whether or not they would be corrupt as prosecutors. I can see the argument that the relation is that he was being a creepy to his clients, but I still don't find it relevant.

Offline Neutral Milk

• Forum Historian
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2015, 11:26:05 AM »
netflix actually.

Godslayer: we get it, you hate everything, you know more than we do about how life works, and hate wasting your time more than anything. Why do you come in to these threads?

Offline GodSlayer

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2015, 11:28:32 AM »
netflix actually.

Godslayer: we get it, you hate everything, you know more than we do about how life works, and hate wasting your time more than anything. Why do you come in to these threads?

for your cheerful replies.

Offline Gerbig

• Frequent Poster
  • Stream Crosser
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2015, 11:29:07 AM »
Where else would he get to piss in peoples popcorn and parade how superior he is? He's been kicked out of all his local movie theaters.

Offline GodSlayer

« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2015, 11:31:24 AM »
Where else would he get to piss in peoples popcorn and parade how superior he is? He's been kicked out of all his local movie theaters.

sorry, I didn't see the list of acceptable replies.

do you have a spare copy?

Offline Gerbig

• Frequent Poster
  • Stream Crosser
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2015, 11:38:03 AM »

sorry, I didn't see the list of acceptable replies.

do you have a spare copy?

All responses are acceptable my good man.

Offline Gerbig

• Frequent Poster
  • Stream Crosser
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2015, 11:40:03 AM »
The most egregious thing in the documentary I can remember is the police sketch artist that is convinced his sketch of Avery is more valid than the DNA evidence used to exonerate him.  Because it looked more like him than the man who the DNA  matched to.

Offline GodSlayer

« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2015, 11:41:33 AM »
All responses are acceptable my good man.

splendid.
good day to you and best of luck with the thread.

Offline Neutral Milk

• Forum Historian
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2015, 12:51:26 PM »
The most egregious thing in the documentary I can remember is the police sketch artist that is convinced his sketch of Avery is more valid than the DNA evidence used to exonerate him.  Because it looked more like him than the man who the DNA  matched to.

Not to mention the fact that he had it framed in his office!

To me the most egregious was that this poor uneducated kid's clearly coerced testimony was viewed by the jury and they still convicted him.

Offline wastrel

• Great poster... or greatest poster?
  • Technical Administrator
  • Science: A cold-hearted bitch with a 14" strap-on
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2015, 01:00:18 PM »

Not to mention the fact that he had it framed in his office!

To me the most egregious was that this poor uneducated kid's clearly coerced testimony was viewed by the jury and they still convicted him.

The kid's interrogation scenes are what really gets to me.  The way the cops blurted out leading info, meanwhile the kid thinks he is going back to school to turn in an assignment.  Grrrr

Offline Gerbig

• Frequent Poster
  • Stream Crosser
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2015, 01:03:48 PM »
Yepp, and the kid has a low enough IQ to be considered mentally handicapped. And yet he was allowed to be drilled into for hours by two cops asking leading questions.

Sure, its a good way to send people to jail, but this type of interrogation method is not a good way to send the right people to jail.

personate-rain