Author Topic: Video Games You'd Like to Play (but they haven't been made yet)  (Read 3116 times)

Offline SkeptiQueer

• Too Much Spare Time
  • DEEZ NUTZ
Re: Video Games You'd Like to Play (but they haven't been made yet)
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2016, 05:48:29 AM »
I guess I'm confused. We're tou thinking more like primitive survival/horror?
HIISSSSSSSS

Offline Harry Black

• International Man of Mystery
  • Global Moderator
  • Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2016, 07:34:38 AM »
I wanted the elements etc to affect my character more in Skyrim. It felt silly to have him in a leather skirt and boots thigh deep in snow, without any minor effects or comment.

A game similar to the movie Seraphim Falls would be cool, where you are being chased through the wilderness and freezing so you have to balance between staying ahead, maybe taking risks (a dodgy river crossing) and making fires/shelters to keep yourself alive.

Online Rai

• PIZZASAURUS
  • Global Moderator
  • Too Much Spare Time
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2016, 07:40:27 AM »
I wanted the elements etc to affect my character more in Skyrim. It felt silly to have him in a leather skirt and boots thigh deep in snow, without any minor effects or comment.

There are mods for that, like Frostfall.

What was more annoying about Skyrim was that nothing your character did affected the world.

Offline Harry Black

• International Man of Mystery
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2016, 11:04:08 AM »

What was more annoying about Skyrim was that nothing your character did affected the world.
What annoyed me even more (because I kind of get how hard such ripple effects may have been to program) was that the only way to get non shitty looking and functional light armour was to do things that totally went against the morals i had made for my character. I ended up running the thieves and assassins groups when what I really wanted was to take them down. I had to submit my soul to a god to even finish the assassins plotline.
Aaand I had to murder the mentally disabled guy living in a shack who only missed his sister!
God fucking dammit.

Offline SkeptiQueer

• Too Much Spare Time
  • DEEZ NUTZ
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2016, 11:37:20 AM »
What I really missed was the Morrowind answer to quest essential NPCs. Oh, you stabbed Dicknutz in the face? FUCK YOU YOU DON'T GET THAT QUEST NOW. HOW DAY ALIKE THEM APPLES?!

I miss having real choice. Fallout 4 was disappointing like that.
HIISSSSSSSS

Offline barocon

• Keeps Priorities Straight
  • Now we are at the edge of excitement!
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2016, 12:01:03 PM »
- A game with Witcher 3-like world and story mixed with Dragon's Dogma / Dark Souls-like combat.
- A game thats mix of Dwarf Fortress / RimWorld / Sims in 3D.

I think these are pretty common ideas for gamers and developers to dream about. But I doubt anyone will make them anytime soon because they're so massive projects to develop.

Online Rai

• PIZZASAURUS
  • Global Moderator
  • Too Much Spare Time
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2016, 12:51:17 PM »

What annoyed me even more (because I kind of get how hard such ripple effects may have been to program) was that the only way to get non shitty looking and functional light armour was to do things that totally went against the morals i had made for my character. I ended up running the thieves and assassins groups when what I really wanted was to take them down. I had to submit my soul to a god to even finish the assassins plotline.
Aaand I had to murder the mentally disabled guy living in a shack who only missed his sister!
God fucking dammit.

Ah yeah, the gods. I think most of my characters have their souls pledged to at least five different gods. I really, really hated how such major character moments, alongside vampirism/lycanthropy were basically forced on the player in most storylines, with no way around them. It could be seen as a Spec Ops: The Line kind of "your choice is between stopping to play the game and continuing", which I always found to be a specially obnoxious kind of bullshit writing, but then you don't get anywhere, because if you avoid all such actions, you can hardly finish any storyline

Offline teethering

• 37% better than Slick
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2016, 01:58:13 PM »
A terraforming and space colonization game that's as detailed as Dwarf Fortress.  I.e. you start out on one planet and work your way to building spaceships so you could go off and find more worlds to terraform and colonize.

Offline wastrel

• Great poster... or greatest poster?
  • Technical Administrator
  • Science: A cold-hearted bitch with a 14" strap-on
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2016, 04:59:05 PM »
A terraforming and space colonization game that's as detailed as Dwarf Fortress.  I.e. you start out on one planet and work your way to building spaceships so you could go off and find more worlds to terraform and colonize.

Not quite that, but have you checked out Factorio?

Offline teethering

• 37% better than Slick
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2016, 05:23:32 PM »

Not quite that, but have you checked out Factorio?

I have a while back and I bought it now that it's on steam and I'm playing it a bit.  It's an interesting game and right up my alley, but not quite that as you say.

Offline Gerbig

• Frequent Poster
  • Stream Crosser
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2016, 10:59:11 AM »
An immersive, travel based game.

Im actually surprised nobody has done this yet. Scanning travel destinations around the world, and making them exploitable, make interactive things within. There are a number of travel destinations and museums around the world I would love to go to, but im sure I dont have the lifespan or money to do so. It would be great if I could log in, and explore it on my television. It wouldnt be the same, but it would be something.

Offline EvilNick

• Frequent Poster
  • Cosmic Horror Show
    • From Nothing Game Studios Official
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2016, 09:35:40 AM »
I would really, really love to see another Ratchet & Clank game like All4One that I can play with my son.  Unfortunately, it apparently rubbed some long-time fans the wrong way, but my son and I loved the hell out of that one. 
http://fromnothinggamestudios.com/

"Nobody exists on purpose, nobody belongs anywhere, everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?"

personate-rain