Author Topic: The Ark Encounter  (Read 9129 times)

Desert Fox and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Online Mr. Beagle

• Frequent Poster
The Ark Encounter
« on: May 08, 2016, 05:15:31 PM »
A relative kindly keeps me up to date on the Noah's Ark that Ken Ham is building in Kentucky. She can't wait to visit.

I do think I see Tyvek lining the sides of the Ark, though. This is a remarkable discovery by Ham!

Mister Beagle
The real world is tri-color

Offline JuniorSpaceman

• Seasoned Contributor
Re: The Ark Encounter
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2016, 05:23:45 PM »
Regardless of how idiotic this whole project is, I can't help but love the bibilical irony of the fact that somebody named 'Ham' is rebuilding the Ark  >:D

Offline Sordid

• Stopped Going Outside
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2016, 05:31:19 PM »
I don't see any water anywhere near it. What's the point?

Online Desert Fox

• Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
  • Hopeful Non-Theist
    • Kitsune's Web Page
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2016, 05:33:23 PM »
Wouldn't it have been better if they just dug a pit, threw the money in there, and then backfilled the pit?
My understand is that those facilities almost always start losing money after a couple of years.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2016, 05:37:58 PM by Desert Fox »
"Give me the storm and tempest of thought and action, rather than the dead calm of ignorance and faith. Banish me from Eden when you will; but first let me eat of the fruit of the tree of knowledge."
— Robert G. Ingersoll

Online Mr. Beagle

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2016, 05:37:11 PM »

A big part of the modern mythology is that the real Ark is to be found somewhere high on Mount Ararat in Turkey, and unbelieving scientists refuse to acknowledge ts existence. It seems there is a new "I discovered the Ark" story every year. So of course the Ark is built on top of a "mountain."
Mister Beagle

Offline Andrew Clunn

• Aspiring Super Villain
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2016, 05:40:38 PM »
Is there a non video reliable source on this?
To err is human.  To syntax error is System.NullReferenceException

Online Mr. Beagle

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2016, 05:45:58 PM »
Is there a non video reliable source on this?

A reliable source for what? The Ark Encounter or Noah's Ark itself?
Mister Beagle

Offline Simon Jester

• Well Established
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2016, 06:17:42 PM »
http://thegoodlordabove.com/articles/details/235

The new 'Noah's Ark' Theme Park in Williamstown, Kentucky was destroyed in a flood earlier today. The sudden flash flood only seemed to affect the location of the Ark Encounter Theme Park, which was in the final phases of construction.

*Satire*

I have a thing for amusement parks and roadside attractions so I would actually visit this if I were in the area. It would be good for a laugh, its right up there with Paul Bunyan statues and the World's Largest Hamster Wheel.
“Don't explain computers to laymen. Simpler to explain sex to a virgin.”
― Robert A. Heinlein, The Moon is a Harsh Mistress

Offline Max Ray

• Not Enough Spare Time
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2016, 08:20:02 PM »
I can't see the race of giants that should be assembling the Ark. They must be on a break?

Offline arthwollipot

• Stopped Going Outside
  • Observer of Phenomena
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2016, 09:06:17 PM »

There wasn't water anywhere near the original one either, at first...

Offline Shibboleth

• Too Much Spare Time
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2016, 10:25:05 AM »

A big part of the modern mythology is that the real Ark is to be found somewhere high on Mount Ararat in Turkey, and unbelieving scientists refuse to acknowledge ts existence. It seems there is a new "I discovered the Ark" story every year. So of course the Ark is built on top of a "mountain."

I never understood why people thought the ark would still be in existence. If I were Noah once I landed the first thing that I would do is tear it apart to use the supplies to build a house.
common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Offline Johnny Slick

• "Goddammit, Slick."
  • Fake Ass Skeptic
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2016, 10:33:24 AM »

Also, the libs control all the seas and would never allow a good Christian warrior like Ken Ham to build a semi-functional concrete ark near a big city. All the people might turn Christian and deliver the city from Satan!!!
Speak what you think now in hard words, and to-morrow speak what to-morrow thinks in hard words again, though it contradict every thing you said to-day.

- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Online Desert Fox

• Hopeful Non-Theist
    • Kitsune's Web Page
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2016, 12:18:02 PM »

Also, the libs control all the seas and would never allow a good Christian warrior like Ken Ham to build a semi-functional concrete ark near a big city. All the people might turn Christian and deliver the city from Satan!!!

How about this?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johan's_Ark
"Give me the storm and tempest of thought and action, rather than the dead calm of ignorance and faith. Banish me from Eden when you will; but first let me eat of the fruit of the tree of knowledge."
— Robert G. Ingersoll

Online Friendly Angel

• Frequent Poster
  • Post count reset to zero in both forum apocalypses
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2016, 12:49:20 PM »
I never understood why people thought the ark would still be in existence. If I were Noah once I landed the first thing that I would do is tear it apart to use the supplies to build a house.

Easier to just keep living on the ark... lots of room and not too smelly once you release the animals.
More important to get drunk and let your kids uncover your nakedness.
Amend and resubmit.

Offline Shibboleth

• Too Much Spare Time
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2016, 01:42:14 PM »

Easier to just keep living on the ark... lots of room and not too smelly once you release the animals.
More important to get drunk and let your kids uncover your nakedness.

I would assume that it wouldn't settle flat especially on the side of a mountain.
common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

personate-rain