Author Topic: What YouTube channels are we watching?  (Read 2790 times)

Online Noisy Rhysling

• Frequent Poster
    • Hyperwar, WWII in Hypertext.
Re: What YouTube channels are we watching?
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2018, 07:11:31 PM »
Bob James, "Farandole".  :love:
"Sunday's horoscope is note worthy because of its strange, sudden and wholly unpredictable and inexplicable occurrences, affecting all phases of life." Your Horoscope" L.A. Evening Herald Express, Sat, 12/06/41

Offline Beleth

• Administrator Emeritus
  • Reef Tank Owner
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2018, 06:48:59 PM »
I've been getting into music theory lately. My favorite channels in that regard are 12tone (although I can rarely follow what he's saying until the third viewing) and Adam Neely. I also follow Samuel Andreyev because he makes modern classical music seem not nearly as psychotic as it sounds.
I expect to pass through this world but once;
any good thing therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now;
let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.
-- Stephan Grellet

Offline brilligtove

• Stopped Going Outside
  • Ignorance can be cured. Stupidity, you deal with.
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2018, 01:59:15 AM »
I've been getting into music theory lately. My favorite channels in that regard are 12tone (although I can rarely follow what he's saying until the third viewing) and Adam Neely. I also follow Samuel Andreyev because he makes modern classical music seem not nearly as psychotic as it sounds.

Depending on your enjoyment of kookie, you might like Andrew Huong's channel, https://www.youtube.com/user/songstowearpantsto.
evidence trumps experience | performance over perfection | responsibility – authority = scapegoat | emotions motivate; data doesn't

Online Rai

• PIZZASAURUS
  • Global Moderator
  • Too Much Spare Time
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2018, 03:27:44 AM »
The Great War is probably the best thing I have ever seen on youtube, a week-by-week retelling of WWI, with extra small documentary featurettes and a really good host.

NativLang is also great, if you are into linguistics.

Offline Beleth

• Administrator Emeritus
  • Reef Tank Owner
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2018, 12:01:07 PM »
Depending on your enjoyment of kookie, you might like Andrew Huong's channel, https://www.youtube.com/user/songstowearpantsto.

OMG his cover of 99 Red Balloons is fantastic. I think I'll be spending a lot of time on his channel. Thanks!
I expect to pass through this world but once;
any good thing therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now;
let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.
-- Stephan Grellet

Offline DevoutCatalyst

• Seasoned Contributor
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2018, 09:58:48 PM »
I like watching AvE for his irreverent tool reviews,

"Keep your duck in a vise."

Offline brilligtove

• Stopped Going Outside
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2018, 11:15:38 AM »

OMG his cover of 99 Red Balloons is fantastic. I think I'll be spending a lot of time on his channel. Thanks!

One of the first videos of his that I saw was "Pink fluffy unicorns dancing on rainbows" and now it is stuck in my head.

...there are a lot of spin off versions.
evidence trumps experience | performance over perfection | responsibility – authority = scapegoat | emotions motivate; data doesn't

Online Noisy Rhysling

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2018, 11:18:35 AM »
Whatculture and Nerdist. Lots of movie info...
"Sunday's horoscope is note worthy because of its strange, sudden and wholly unpredictable and inexplicable occurrences, affecting all phases of life." Your Horoscope" L.A. Evening Herald Express, Sat, 12/06/41

Offline brilligtove

• Stopped Going Outside
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2018, 11:42:45 AM »
I like watching AvE for his irreverent tool reviews,

"Keep your duck in a vise."

Pretty sure he didn't say duck.
Whatculture and Nerdist. Lots of movie info...
Which nerdiest shows? I watch News, Dan Cave, Because Science, and Musk Watch.

Online Noisy Rhysling

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2018, 03:32:01 PM »
Depends on the subject matter. I like reviews, easter eggs, HISHE, things where they actually talk about the shows. Fan theories I skip completely. I like "Everything great about..." and ignore "Everything wrong with..." The latter is just pissing on the movie.

personate-rain