Author Topic: Stranger Things  (Read 21084 times)

Offline Belgarath

• Forum Sugar Daddy
  • Technical Administrator
  • Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
Re: Stranger Things
« Reply #225 on: November 21, 2017, 09:48:42 AM »
Simple:

The connection is still open because there is a 'live' monster in the freezer connected to the upside down.

Also, I liked the side episode telling the story of 11 finding 8.

#non-belief denialist

Offline lobsterbash

• Keeps Priorities Straight
« Reply #226 on: November 21, 2017, 10:01:30 AM »
Simple:

The connection is still open because there is a 'live' monster in the freezer connected to the upside down.

But I thought the monster wifi signal was lost because the default gateway was closed?

Offline Noisy Rhysling

• Stopped Going Outside
    • Hyperwar, WWII in Hypertext.
« Reply #227 on: November 21, 2017, 10:56:03 AM »
Simple:

But I thought the monster wifi signal was lost because the default gateway was closed?
They  hacked the Right Side Up.
"Sunday's horoscope is note worthy because of its strange, sudden and wholly unpredictable and inexplicable occurrences, affecting all phases of life." Your Horoscope" L.A. Evening Herald Express, Sat, 12/06/41

Offline Ah.hell

« Reply #228 on: November 21, 2017, 11:22:07 AM »
(click to show/hide)
Weirdo!

Offline superdave

• Too Much Spare Time
« Reply #229 on: November 21, 2017, 11:51:44 AM »
I had previously read a review that totally savaged the episode about 008 so my expectations were really low.  Consequently, it beat my expectations and I enjoyed the episode.  In a weekly series that would have really pissed me off but, when you have access to every single episode at once, a detour from the main story isn't so bad.

Also, pretty sure they established all the demodogs died when the gate was closed.

Also, that was a reference to "the gate" right?
I disavow anyone in the movement involved in any illegal,unethical, sexist, or racist behavior. However, I don't have the energy or time to investigate each person and case, and a lack of individual disavowals for each incident should not be construed as condoning such behavior.

Offline Jeremy's Sea

• Kintsukuroi, baby.
  • Stopped Going Outside
  • 667 - Neighbor of the beast.
« Reply #230 on: November 21, 2017, 11:52:21 AM »
Simple:

Was it alive? I thought it was dead. You'd think if it were alive they'd decapitate it or something, not leave it in their friend's mom's fridge to maul her later. I'm pretty sure El killed it.

I think the overarching monster at the end was just an 80s horror trope. The show was created as an anthology, like the Halloween movies, but the first was so popular they brought everyone back for a second, because money. Which shows because most of the story was spent on the first season and 11 became the Superman dilemma. Each season as the monsters get bigger and more powerful, she has to get more powerful too. If they're smart, this is the end of Hawkins and they'll move on to other stories in the universe, which they've already set up.
Knowledge is power. France is bacon.

Offline superdave

• Too Much Spare Time
« Reply #231 on: November 21, 2017, 12:00:29 PM »
Simple:

Was it alive? I thought it was dead. You'd think if it were alive they'd decapitate it or something, not leave it in their friend's mom's fridge to maul her later. I'm pretty sure El killed it.

I think the overarching monster at the end was just an 80s horror trope. The show was created as an anthology, like the Halloween movies, but the first was so popular they brought everyone back for a second, because money. Which shows because most of the story was spent on the first season and 11 became the Superman dilemma. Each season as the monsters get bigger and more powerful, she has to get more powerful too. If they're smart, this is the end of Hawkins and they'll move on to other stories in the universe, which they've already set up.

I think it was a reminder that the upside down never goes away, a metaphor for personal demons perhaps?
I disavow anyone in the movement involved in any illegal,unethical, sexist, or racist behavior. However, I don't have the energy or time to investigate each person and case, and a lack of individual disavowals for each incident should not be construed as condoning such behavior.

Offline Jeremy's Sea

• Kintsukuroi, baby.
  • Stopped Going Outside
  • 667 - Neighbor of the beast.
« Reply #232 on: November 21, 2017, 01:16:47 PM »
Simple:

I think it was a reminder that the upside down never goes away, a metaphor for personal demons perhaps?
Exactly. Whether we get another chapter of Hawkins or not, it's the reminder that evil exists and is waiting to get back in.
It would be a shame if they just fought it all over again though
Knowledge is power. France is bacon.

Online Calinthalus

• Too Much Spare Time
    • My Page
« Reply #233 on: November 21, 2017, 01:53:57 PM »
Since the show centers around those children, I don't know how they can just get out of Hawkins.  It's not like they'll all up and move to Maine together.

Yes, the choice of Maine was intended as a King reference.
"I think computer viruses should count as life. Maybe it says something about human nature, that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. Talk about creating life in our own image."
--Stephen Hawking

Offline Tassie Dave

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #234 on: November 21, 2017, 02:06:28 PM »
I think most people, myself included, would be annoyed if Season 3 didn't involve the same cast.

Plus they basically confirmed that the same cast would be involved next season, in the "Beyond Stranger Things" after show.

The idea of an anthology series could work, but it could also tank like Season 2 of "True Detectives"

Papa will be back and 8 won't (My opinion)

Offline SQ the ΣΛ/IGMд

• Atheist extraordinaire
  • Pondering the cosmos since 1969
« Reply #235 on: November 21, 2017, 06:01:08 PM »
Simple:

I'm invisible??? LOL

I finally finished it.
Knew there'd be an opening for 3.
Liked how they ended it.

What is the opening for 3 exactly? They ended with the monster watching, but that's it.

Monster knocked unconscious. Placed in freezer.
"That's ridiculous, spooks. That's silly!" ~ The Tin Woodsman - The Wizard of Oz ~

"Like it or not, we are stuck with science.  We had better make the best of it." ~ Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World ~

Offline Noisy Rhysling

• Stopped Going Outside
    • Hyperwar, WWII in Hypertext.
« Reply #236 on: November 21, 2017, 06:11:35 PM »
1. Reply to first unread post.
2. Read rest of thread.
3. Profit!
"Sunday's horoscope is note worthy because of its strange, sudden and wholly unpredictable and inexplicable occurrences, affecting all phases of life." Your Horoscope" L.A. Evening Herald Express, Sat, 12/06/41

Offline D'oh!

• Frequent Poster
  • Pope of Chili Town
« Reply #237 on: November 28, 2017, 03:26:51 AM »
Sesame Street does some pretty clever parodies. This one is no exception:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=359&v=npcqBt_e4k0
"The power of Christ compels you!"