Author Topic: SGU Forumvision 2017! Round 9 - Open Round - Music to Sooth the savage beast?  (Read 41135 times)

Offline HighPockets

• Frequent Poster
Round 9 - Open Round - Music to Sooth the savage beast?

Sunshine of Your Love - Cream

The Fratellis - Henrietta

Client Liaison - Off White Limousine
(Replacement)

(Original. for no good reason)

Geto Boys - Damn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta [Explicit]

Kate Miller Heidke - Words

Savage Garden - Affirmation

Le Tigre - Deceptacon

Iron Maiden -  Run to the Hills

Wild Belle, “The One That Got Away”

Ra - Do You Call My Name
« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 12:20:02 PM by HighPockets »
Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don't.

Offline Gerbig

• Frequent Poster
  • Stream Crosser
These open rounds are always interesting.

I always wonder if the people submitting are submitting just something they have been listening to lately, or something they want to show off, or something they want to present to say something about their tastes etc

Offline arthwollipot

• Reef Tank Owner
  • Observer of Phenomena
I submit songs that I like that I think other people should like as well.

Also, themes are a new thing for me. Unthemed games are the norm. Themes are weird and a bit hard to deal with. I made a comment at the beginning about the theme "summer strut" and that nothing about summer makes me want to "strut" (nothing ever makes me want to "strut" but summer even moreso - summer is pain) so I had a lot of trouble coming up with a song that fit.
Self-described nerd. Pronouns: He/Him.

Tarvek: There's more to being an evil despot than getting cake whenever you want it.
Agatha: If that's what you think, then you're DOING IT WRONG!

Offline The Latinist

• Cyber Greasemonkey
  • Technical Administrator
  • Reef Tank Owner
So far I've found the themed rounds much more enjoyable than the non-themed ones.  Maybe folks need a little structure to guide you, but the songs in the open rounds have been generally weird and off-putting to me.
I would like to propose...that...it is undesirable to believe in a proposition when there is no ground whatever for supposing it true. — Bertrand Russell

Offline Zaros

• been pissed off for years
  • Well Established
  • I'm the Sheriff.
this round looks like shit. will vote last again
World Cup Bracket League Winner

Offline The Latinist

• Cyber Greasemonkey
  • Reef Tank Owner
Client Liaison - Off White Limousine is showing as not available.  I was going to just listen on Apple Music, but there are album and single versions there and I didn't want to judge based on the wrong one.  Can we get an official updated link or at least a judgment as to which version is the one we should be judging?

Also?  This round is rough.  As in...I don't know how I'm going to give any of these songs above a 6.
I would like to propose...that...it is undesirable to believe in a proposition when there is no ground whatever for supposing it true. — Bertrand Russell

Offline Andrew Clunn

• Deleted
  • Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
  • Aspiring Super Villain
Artist - Song, Song - Artists, or Artist, "Song" ???  Why can't we standardize this?  I recognize four of these songs total (including my own).  I'm hoping for one real gem that I wasn't aware of before...
I'm just the victim of my cognitive privilege

Offline Andrew Clunn

• Deleted
  • Aspiring Super Villain
Wait, am I being trolled?  What is this round?

Offline Andrew Clunn

• Deleted
  • Aspiring Super Villain
Rather than do segmented responses and  reviews I think I'm just going to submit my stream of consciousness first pass notes form the first listen with the scores at the bottom.  This round was...  Am I fooling myself, because I submitted one of these songs, and each of you did too!  Gosh.

Offline HighPockets

• Frequent Poster
Artist - Song, Song - Artists, or Artist, "Song" ???  Why can't we standardize this?

Ha ha, this was one of my problems I had too when playing with songs I didn't know. and I'm afraid as mod I've done nothing to alleviate it. most of the time if the submitter listed the title/artist with the video I c/p their order, if not I c/p the YouTube title. ( So much fiddling to do)

Lat, I'll see about getting a replacement for White Limousine, wheather that the artist or the song title I do not know.  ;D

Offline The Latinist

• Cyber Greasemonkey
  • Reef Tank Owner
It's the title, if that helps.  The artist is Client Liaison.

Offline HighPockets

• Frequent Poster
It's the title, if that helps.  The artist is Client Liaison.

I was half kidding biased on my previous paragraph, I did find a couple of others that played, but were like 2 mins longer than the one submitted, I just want to check with the submitter for options.

Offline The Latinist

• Cyber Greasemonkey
  • Reef Tank Owner
I'll probably listen on Apple Music anyway, unless it's a specific live version that's intended.  But I need to know whether the single version or the album version is meant (sounds like its the single, from your post about lengths).

Offline arthwollipot

• Reef Tank Owner
  • Observer of Phenomena
Artist - Song, Song - Artists, or Artist, "Song" ???  Why can't we standardize this?  I recognize four of these songs total (including my own).  I'm hoping for one real gem that I wasn't aware of before...

This is one of my peeves as well.
Self-described nerd. Pronouns: He/Him.

Tarvek: There's more to being an evil despot than getting cake whenever you want it.
Agatha: If that's what you think, then you're DOING IT WRONG!

Offline The Latinist

• Cyber Greasemonkey
  • Reef Tank Owner
Any update on our missing song?

personate-rain