Author Topic: Halleyscomet's Book of Drinks Inspired by Lunatics  (Read 777 times)

Offline Halleyscomet/Wakefield

• But I'm feeling much better now...
  • Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
  • And then, one day, at Bible Camp...
    • My Pointless Blog
Halleyscomet's Book of Drinks Inspired by Lunatics
« on: August 12, 2016, 12:24:59 PM »
A while back I wrote an ebook of drink and food recipes inspired by some of the strangest things on the Internet (at the time).

Normally $4.99, The Unofficial Distorted View Bar Guide is on sale for $0.99 until Monday, August 15, 2016 at 4:00 PM (PST)

After that it will be $2.99 until Friday, August 19, 2016 at 12:00 AM (PST).

After that the ebook goes back to its regular list price of $4.99.

You can view some sample recipes at the book's Facebook page.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/469827319794502/

Third Edition: The long awaited Le Sexoflex expansion.

A delicious blend of Internet pop culture and post Prohibition mixology, the Unofficial Distorted View Bar Guide fuses the golden age of drinking with some of the strangest inspiration the Internet has to offer.

Originally created for fans of the Distorted View Podcast, this bar guide offers a collection of unique and delicious mixed drinks. The non-alcoholic drinks towards the end are probably the only thing “virgin” about the podcast or the bar guide.

You don’t have to be a fan of the Distorted View podcast to enjoy the Dr. Berry Badtouch, Pan Paniscor or the Skrawberry Martini, but you’ll have a lot more fun drinking them if you are.

Sadly, the bar guide is not officially endorsed by Tim Henson, largely because he wanted a million dollars up front for the licensing rights. That’s just crazy talk. He may be the granddaddy of podcasting, but a cool million?

And please, write a review. :)

Offline stonesean

• Too Much Spare Time
  • Dumb sailor on the Sea of Awesome
Re: Halleyscomet's Book of Drinks Inspired by Lunatics
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2016, 12:47:25 PM »
If I buy it at full price does any more money come your way?

Well.  There it is.

• My Pointless Blog
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2016, 01:45:21 PM »
If I buy it at full price does any more money come your way?

Yes. What I make is a percentage of the sale price. Depending upon the region I either get %70 of the price paid, minus digital delivery costs or a flat 35%.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2016, 03:31:04 PM by Halleyscomet/Wakefield »

Offline Karyn

• Forum Sexologist
  • currently recuiting for my lesbian cabal.
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2016, 03:05:35 PM »
I don't have a kindle, and I'd like to get this as a gift for my metamour.  She did bartending at my wedding, and would LOVE this sort of thing.  If I paypal you $5, can you send me a .pdf version?

• My Pointless Blog
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2016, 03:28:28 PM »
I don't have a kindle, and I'd like to get this as a gift for my metamour.  She did bartending at my wedding, and would LOVE this sort of thing.  If I paypal you $5, can you send me a .pdf version?

Yes. I'd be happy to do so. I can create a PDF version this weekend. You should be able to use my halleyscomet at gmail.com address to send me the money. Let me know if there are any issues. I'm used to sending money by PayPal, not receiving it.

I'm re-reading it for the first time in months. I'd forgotten just how geeky I got in some of the sections. At one point I went on a tangent about traditional methods of carbonating and bottling champagne while exploring the sexual imagery of the drink, all while explaining why I chose it as a ingredient in a drink named after a gay prostitute who was a fixture of the Distorted View podcast.

I've been thinking of producing dead tree versions of this and "Answering Kirk Hastings" using Amazon's self-publishing service. PDF is the submission format, so you may just be kicking my rear enough to put in the extra work needed to produce a print ready PDF. :)
« Last Edit: August 12, 2016, 03:35:11 PM by Halleyscomet/Wakefield »

Offline Karyn

• Forum Sexologist
  • currently recuiting for my lesbian cabal.
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2016, 04:13:26 PM »
Yes, send it to kwittmeyer at gmail!  I will paypal you on Monday.

• My Pointless Blog
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2017, 02:58:07 PM »
Starting Wednesday, February 8 and going to Friday, February 10, the normally $4.99 "Unofficial Distorted View Bar Guide" will be on sale for $1.99.