Author Topic: 1.8 million American truck drivers could lose their jobs to robots. What then?  (Read 1818 times)

Offline Redamare

• Frequent Poster
There's a bunch of redundant systems that kick in to redirect it, and, in theory a first class letter for example should keep rotating through the system until it ends up with the addressee or with the original mailer with a brief annotation of why it couldn't be delivered.

It sounds like you have a shitty carrier, or a shitty postmaster, or possibly some weird random clerical error that makes it hard to keep your mail straight but doesn't seem like an error on their end. Contact your post office and try to get it cleared up. Be friendly.
"redamare has kicked this thread's ass" -champagnej

Certainty is the enemy of wisdom.

--RED-uh-MAR-ay--

Offline daniel1948

• Stopped Going Outside
  • Cat Lovers Against the Bomb
There's a bunch of redundant systems that kick in to redirect it, and, in theory a first class letter for example should keep rotating through the system until it ends up with the addressee or with the original mailer with a brief annotation of why it couldn't be delivered.

It sounds like you have a shitty carrier, or a shitty postmaster, or possibly some weird random clerical error that makes it hard to keep your mail straight but doesn't seem like an error on their end. Contact your post office and try to get it cleared up. Be friendly.

It only gets back if the person to whom it was inadvertently delivered bothers to give it back to the P.O. for a second try. And yes, I've very politely mentioned to the folks at my local P.O. that this often happens. And my neighbors also comment about the same issue. I think the problem is that the sheer volume of junk mail is overwhelming the system.
Daniel
----------------
"Anyone who has ever looked into the glazed eyes of a soldier dying on the battlefield will think long and hard before starting a war."
-- Otto von Bismarck

personate-rain