Author Topic: Steam problems  (Read 692 times)

Offline moj

• beer snob
  • Reef Tank Owner
Steam problems
« on: October 24, 2016, 09:41:15 AM »
Have any of you had any problems with steam that caused you to have to contact them and how did it go? I’ve been a huge fan of steam for many years but things have mostly worked. Over the past few years I’ve slowed down my game playing and haven’t logged in a long time. When I do log in notice a red bar at the top saying my account has been flagged and to contact steam. Every time I do and all their paths put me in a loop of no service and get this weird and extremely unhelpful e-mails in response. From my own understanding about network security if an account is comprised step one is locking the account and changing the password. I have tried to change it and got confirmation the password was changed but still only the old password works.

“Please do not reply to this email. Any replies will not be read by our staff.

Hello,

A staff member has replied to your question.

Anytime you wish you can view your question online:
https://support.steampowered.com/view.php?ticketref=4205-RPSF-0602  “

They claim someone responded but this is all that is in the email, no response. The link goes to generic support page.

“Please do not reply to this email. This email has been sent by a machine, replies will not be read.

Hello,

Thank you for your recent email sent to our helpdesk. Unfortunately we are not able to process your email for the reason given below. Your email has been deleted and will not be seen by our staff.

To submit a question, please visit the online helpdesk at the following address:
https://support.steampowered.com/

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.”

No reason was given below.  I understand that these are automated but OMG so not helpful in anyway. I thought it might take time but can still log in with the old password after I changed it. I don’t have any money on the wallet so am not worried about stealing it but had been thinking about getting into some new games on it now I can’t. Has anyone had this happen to them or know of a fix? I’m just shocked at how bad and hard to get a clear response from steam has been on this?

Offline moj

• beer snob
  • Reef Tank Owner
Re: Steam problems
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2016, 10:03:18 AM »
Weird, I tried logging on to the steam web site from a different computer and my account is showing up like normal. I had run AV scans on my home computer and it came up clean, maybe it finally cleared? Its still not using the password I changed it to so that's weird but will try again tonight.

Offline moj

• beer snob
  • Reef Tank Owner
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2016, 10:06:49 PM »
Weird, now its working OK again.

Offline Andrew Clunn

• Deleted
  • Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
  • Aspiring Super Villain
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2016, 10:36:25 PM »