Author Topic: Blizzard's Overwatch/Gamers Aging  (Read 3349 times)

Offline moj

• beer snob
  • Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
Re: Blizzard's Overwatch/Gamers Aging
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2017, 02:02:50 PM »
Started playing recently and like it but am not that good. Got to my first competitive and sinking into the bronze. A pet pev that seems to happen in almost every game is people trying to tell other people to change characters regardless of character. I can see if most are snipers or there are no healers, but it's so prevalent and so annoying. Or people begging others to play as the character they picked because they claim to better. Fuck the fuck off already. Shut up and play, OMG. Most the time I play with the sound off and it still creeps into the the typing messages. sheesh, people ruin everything

Offline Belgarath

• Forum Sugar Daddy
  • Technical Administrator
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2017, 04:00:37 PM »
My battle tag is Louie#2910. I can introduce you around to our small but plucky band of Fightin' Skeptics. :)

Why have I not seen this until now?

Belgarath#1930

#non-belief denialist

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Stopped Going Outside
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2017, 05:06:38 PM »
Gaming is no longer the preserve of spotty teenagers in attics and basements - it's the biggest entertainment market around and still growing. :)

I agree, gaming is no longer a subculture, but part of the mainstream, even if not as respected as for example movies.

When I was a teenager I gamed a lot, including multiplayer, I was in an online clan. However, these days with a fulltime job, an apartment of my own as well as various other things going on, I can't muster the energy and commitment to play online in a sustained way. I'm happy with singleplayer. And some things created for singleplayer, especially by fans, are truly pieces of art.
"I’m a member of no party. I have no ideology. I’m a rationalist. I do what I can in the international struggle between science and reason and the barbarism, superstition and stupidity that’s all around us." - Christopher Hitchens

Offline moj

• beer snob
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2018, 06:40:15 PM »
The new hero Brigitte is a lot of fun to play.

personate-rain
personate-rain