Author Topic: "Skeptic" mags free to good home  (Read 628 times)

Offline Fast Eddie B

• Frequent Poster
"Skeptic" mags free to good home
« on: November 22, 2016, 10:30:52 AM »
I'm finding it less and less likely I'll ever get back to these again:

Looks like roughly 1997 through 2010, not necessarily all-inclusive.

Probably best for someone in the N GA, Chattanooga or Knoxville areas where I could meet you with them. But if someone wants to cover shipping, I'm game.

Let me know - seems a shame to relegate them to a dumpster.

fasteddieb@mac.com

"And what it all boils down to is that no one's really got it figured out just yet" - Alanis Morisette
• • •
"I doubt that!" - James Randi

Offline Noisy Rhysling

• Well Established
    • Hyperwar, WWII in Hypertext.
Re: "Skeptic" mags free to good home
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2016, 10:44:19 AM »
LOL. I donated a bunch of those to the local VA hospital. Put them on a table with the rest of the donations. Then I saw some ... gentleman pick them all up. I thought "Cool, he's going to be happy." Then I saw him walk over and dump them in a trash can. We had a nice "chat". No charges were filed.
"Sunday's horoscope is note worthy because of its strange, sudden and wholly unpredictable and inexplicable occurrences, affecting all phases of life." Your Horoscope" L.A. Evening Herald Express, Sat, 12/06/41

Offline Fast Eddie B

• Frequent Poster
Re: "Skeptic" mags free to good home
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2016, 10:54:07 AM »
LOL. I donated a bunch of those to the local VA hospital. Put them on a table with the rest of the donations. Then I saw some ... gentleman pick them all up. I thought "Cool, he's going to be happy." Then I saw him walk over and dump them in a trash can. We had a nice "chat". No charges were filed.

As a last resort, a local chimp rescue facility has asked for magazines, saying the chimps like them. http://projectchimps.org

Encouraging healthy skepticism in chimps? What could go wrong?

"And what it all boils down to is that no one's really got it figured out just yet" - Alanis Morisette
• • •
"I doubt that!" - James Randi

personate-rain
personate-rain