Author Topic: Religion.jpg  (Read 39468 times)

Offline Noisy Rhysling

• Stopped Going Outside
    • Hyperwar, WWII in Hypertext.
Re: Religion.jpg
« Reply #465 on: June 18, 2019, 05:07:03 AM »
That was my point.
"Sunday's horoscope is note worthy because of its strange, sudden and wholly unpredictable and inexplicable occurrences, affecting all phases of life." Your Horoscope" L.A. Evening Herald Express, Sat, 12/06/41

Offline seamas

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #466 on: June 18, 2019, 12:40:51 PM »
I notice he doesn't say what he would do.

Is his faith too weak to kill his own son?

Offline Noisy Rhysling

• Stopped Going Outside
« Reply #467 on: June 18, 2019, 01:49:28 PM »
I notice he doesn't say what he would do.

Is his faith too weak to kill his own son?
And the winner of this year's God's Darwin Award goes to Ray Cumfart.
"Sunday's horoscope is note worthy because of its strange, sudden and wholly unpredictable and inexplicable occurrences, affecting all phases of life." Your Horoscope" L.A. Evening Herald Express, Sat, 12/06/41

Offline stands2reason

• Empiricist, Positivist, Militant Agnostic
  • Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
« Reply #468 on: June 18, 2019, 09:48:10 PM »
Thanks for the correction. I find it oddly reassuring that Ray is not quite that insane.

Oh, he is. This is the banana guy, after all: https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Banana_argument

Offline John Albert

• Too Much Spare Time
« Reply #469 on: June 20, 2019, 04:01:21 PM »
Thanks for the correction. I find it oddly reassuring that Ray is not quite that insane.

Oh, he is. This is the banana guy, after all: https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Banana_argument

Some also know him as the evangelist whom Eli Bosnick tried to lick at ReasonCon 2016.

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Stopped Going Outside
« Reply #470 on: July 07, 2019, 03:29:38 PM »
Did you see my post about extraordinary claims requiring extraordinary evidence? Then get ready to roll your eyes as William Lane Craig rejects that idea (apparently a good testimony is enough to believe that someone rose from the dead) and complains about the "anti-supernatural bias" of historians.

"I’m a member of no party. I have no ideology. I’m a rationalist. I do what I can in the international struggle between science and reason and the barbarism, superstition and stupidity that’s all around us." - Christopher Hitchens

Offline stands2reason

• Empiricist, Positivist, Militant Agnostic
  • Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
« Reply #471 on: July 07, 2019, 06:03:50 PM »

Offline Boßel

• Go away or I shall taunt you a second time.
  • Frequent Poster
« Reply #472 on: July 10, 2019, 04:24:43 PM »
Did you see my post about extraordinary claims requiring extraordinary evidence? Then get ready to roll your eyes as William Lane Craig rejects that idea (apparently a good testimony is enough to believe that someone rose from the dead) and complains about the "anti-supernatural bias" of historians.

Are you trying to raise my BP by posting WLC videos? ☹️😉

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Stopped Going Outside
"I’m a member of no party. I have no ideology. I’m a rationalist. I do what I can in the international struggle between science and reason and the barbarism, superstition and stupidity that’s all around us." - Christopher Hitchens

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Stopped Going Outside

Offline Noisy Rhysling

• Stopped Going Outside
« Reply #475 on: July 13, 2019, 08:09:39 AM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Stopped Going Outside
« Reply #476 on: July 13, 2019, 02:38:57 PM »

Offline Tassie Dave

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #477 on: July 13, 2019, 06:11:49 PM »

Offline Soldier of FORTRAN

• Reef Tank Owner
  • Cache rules everything around me.
« Reply #478 on: July 13, 2019, 07:03:51 PM »
Dear Note Writer,

Please don't die.

Signed,
Concerned third-party.
If global warming is real then how come I just felt this chill down my spine?

Offline Noisy Rhysling

• Stopped Going Outside
« Reply #479 on: July 13, 2019, 07:19:37 PM »
That was close to the chest and in a language most people at the Quabba wouldn't know.