Author Topic: Religion.jpg  (Read 40984 times)

Offline Paul Blevins Jr.

• Keeps Priorities Straight
Re: Religion.jpg
« Reply #330 on: March 21, 2019, 05:34:24 PM »
(click to show/hide)

2014 will go down in history as the year of Christian Mime.
If they all get buried in the same cemetery would it be a mime field?

Don't bury...recycle. A mime is a terrible thing to waste.

Online Noisy Rhysling

• Stopped Going Outside
    • Hyperwar, WWII in Hypertext.
« Reply #331 on: March 21, 2019, 07:04:40 PM »
(click to show/hide)

I have enough glass boxes to gen up a biodome.
"Sunday's horoscope is note worthy because of its strange, sudden and wholly unpredictable and inexplicable occurrences, affecting all phases of life." Your Horoscope" L.A. Evening Herald Express, Sat, 12/06/41

Offline Morvis13

• Big Ol' Goober
  • Planetary Skeptic
  • Natural Source of Paranoia
« Reply #332 on: March 21, 2019, 10:18:26 PM »
(click to show/hide)

I have enough glass boxes to gen up a biodome.

With a 16 million dollar donation I will personally build a mime glass dome for them.
Murphy's Law: Anything that can go wrong will go wrong.
Morvis' Law: Anything that does go wrong is my fault.

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Stopped Going Outside
« Reply #333 on: March 24, 2019, 10:42:36 AM »
"I’m a member of no party. I have no ideology. I’m a rationalist. I do what I can in the international struggle between science and reason and the barbarism, superstition and stupidity that’s all around us." - Christopher Hitchens

Online Noisy Rhysling

• Stopped Going Outside
    • Hyperwar, WWII in Hypertext.
« Reply #334 on: March 24, 2019, 11:13:18 AM »
"Sunday's horoscope is note worthy because of its strange, sudden and wholly unpredictable and inexplicable occurrences, affecting all phases of life." Your Horoscope" L.A. Evening Herald Express, Sat, 12/06/41

Offline arthwollipot

• Reef Tank Owner
  • Observer of Phenomena
« Reply #335 on: March 24, 2019, 11:33:33 PM »
The religious would say that without God, you wouldn't even have a universe in the first place.
Self-described nerd. Pronouns: He/Him.

Tarvek: There's more to being an evil despot than getting cake whenever you want it.
Agatha: If that's what you think, then you're DOING IT WRONG!

Offline John Albert

• Too Much Spare Time
« Reply #336 on: March 25, 2019, 01:31:42 AM »
The religious would say that without God, you wouldn't even have a universe in the first place.

And they would be wrong.

Offline Desert Fox

• Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
  • Hopeful Non-Theist
    • Kitsune's Web Page
« Reply #337 on: March 25, 2019, 01:34:28 AM »

And they would be wrong.

At least making claims without evidence.
They seem to think though that the universe is evidence of god, yet not realizing that they are just moving back the "mystery" by a notch appearing to think they do not seen to explain where god came from.
"Give me the storm and tempest of thought and action, rather than the dead calm of ignorance and faith. Banish me from Eden when you will; but first let me eat of the fruit of the tree of knowledge."
— Robert G. Ingersoll

Offline John Albert

• Too Much Spare Time
« Reply #338 on: March 25, 2019, 01:44:48 AM »
The universe is not evidence of a God, any more than it's evidence for universe creating pixies or the Great Green Arkleseizure.

There's no reason to believe God is any more real than any other fictional being. Hence, I will stick to my opinion that belief in God is wrong until I see evidence to the contrary.

Offline Desert Fox

• Hopeful Non-Theist
    • Kitsune's Web Page
« Reply #339 on: March 25, 2019, 01:46:47 AM »
The universe is not evidence of a God, any more than it's evidence for the Great Green Arkleseizure.

There's no reason to believe God is any more real than any other fictional being. Hence, I will stick to my opinion that belief in God is wrong until I see evidence to the contrary.

I don't disagree but you are arguing with people who have been taught their whole life that the universe is evidence of god.
"Give me the storm and tempest of thought and action, rather than the dead calm of ignorance and faith. Banish me from Eden when you will; but first let me eat of the fruit of the tree of knowledge."
— Robert G. Ingersoll

Offline John Albert

• Too Much Spare Time
« Reply #340 on: March 25, 2019, 01:47:47 AM »
The universe is not evidence of a God, any more than it's evidence for the Great Green Arkleseizure.

I don't disagree but you are arguing with people who have been taught their whole life that the universe is evidence of god.

Am I arguing with those people?

Offline arthwollipot

• Reef Tank Owner
  • Observer of Phenomena
« Reply #341 on: March 25, 2019, 01:56:54 AM »

And they would be wrong.

Well, yeah, and there's no God to remove from the universe either. But that's not the point. If the purpose of the image is to make atheists chuckle and pat themselves on the back for being so smart, it's fine. But any religious person who sees that is going to say "Um, no, that's self-evidently wrong, these atheists are so silly".

It's up to you. How do you want to use the image?
Self-described nerd. Pronouns: He/Him.

Tarvek: There's more to being an evil despot than getting cake whenever you want it.
Agatha: If that's what you think, then you're DOING IT WRONG!

Offline Desert Fox

• Hopeful Non-Theist
    • Kitsune's Web Page
« Reply #342 on: March 25, 2019, 02:01:25 AM »

Well, did you think you had to convince me?
— Robert G. Ingersoll

Offline John Albert

• Too Much Spare Time
« Reply #343 on: March 25, 2019, 02:31:36 AM »

Of course not! I assumed you were an atheist, or at the very least a fellow traveler.

My point is, I wasn't arguing with anybody. I'm just expressing my viewpoint on an Internet message board.

Offline Desert Fox

• Hopeful Non-Theist
    • Kitsune's Web Page
« Reply #344 on: March 25, 2019, 02:37:07 AM »

Of course not! I assumed you were an atheist, or at the very least a fellow traveler.

My point is, I wasn't arguing with anybody. I'm just expressing my viewpoint on an Internet message board.

I wish there was a panacea. . . Some kind of argument that Christians would actually accept.
— Robert G. Ingersoll

personate-rain