Author Topic: Periodically deleting Facebook account?  (Read 2324 times)

Offline SQ the ΣΛ/IGMд

• Atheist extraordinaire
  • Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
  • Pondering the cosmos since 1969
Re: Periodically deleting Facebook account?
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2017, 08:12:57 PM »
I recently reignited mine. I don't really post. I just lurk.
"That's ridiculous, spooks. That's silly!" ~ The Tin Woodsman - The Wizard of Oz ~

"Like it or not, we are stuck with science.  We had better make the best of it." ~ Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World ~

Offline xenu

• Frequent Poster
  • Chicago Blackhawks 2010,13,15 Stanley Cup Champion
« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2017, 01:38:20 PM »
I have a Facebook account but almost never post on it. I only got it when a friend of mine started a band and he wanted Facebook likes on it. I use to just go on to say happy birthday to friends and family but as of late I don't even do that much. I even deleted the app off my phone.
So I guess you could say I have deleted it for now.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."
Douglas Adams

Offline SnarlPatrick

• Too Much Spare Time
« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2017, 05:53:01 AM »

Once prosecuted a guy who insisted up and down that he never used drugs, never ever ever. His Facebook profile picture was him doing crack...

Not to be a pedant... but since you're a lawyer... his Facebook profile showed him smoking an unknown substance out of a glass pipe.... am I right? Could have been crystal? If we stretch things, it could have been a legal high bought from a smoke shop? Reasonable doubt sir!
Quote from: materialist_girl
SnarlPatrick, you are a nazi apologist piece of shit. You're a coward who hides behind the internet   ....   and I can only imagine it's a good thing your Jewish ancestors are dead so they don't have to watch you grow into the bigoted nazi creep you've become.

Offline Dan I

• Seasoned Contributor
« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2017, 10:22:53 AM »

Once prosecuted a guy who insisted up and down that he never used drugs, never ever ever. His Facebook profile picture was him doing crack...

Not to be a pedant... but since you're a lawyer... his Facebook profile showed him smoking an unknown substance out of a glass pipe.... am I right? Could have been crystal? If we stretch things, it could have been a legal high bought from a smoke shop? Reasonable doubt sir!

He captioned it "some good rock here." Technically, yes, without a lab test we obviously couldn't prove it was crack. BUT that's not the issue here. It would be usable as impeachment evidence. If he testifies "I never do drugs" then that opens up the ability to use a lot of evidence to call that statement's credibility into question.

personate-rain