Author Topic: False Confessions  (Read 973 times)

Offline SnarlPatrick

• Reef Tank Owner
Re: False Confessions
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2019, 05:10:18 PM »
I would guess that most people here agree that torture will produce a "whatever you wish to hear" result, irrespective of the truth.

So when you have police using not torture, but otherwise coercive and dishonest interrogation, it shouldn't surprise us when it produces a similar effect. I'm reminded of the interview from Making a Murderer, where that mentally ill teenager confesses just in the hope that he can go home.

The police are obliged to tell you your rights honestly, allow you a lawyer, etc. I'm not sure that deliberately misleading practices that rely on the ignorance of the suspect to achieve results... or false promises of leniency are quite in line with best practices and the goal of a fair trial and criminal proceeding.
Quote from: materialist_girl
SnarlPatrick, you are a nazi apologist piece of shit. You're a coward who hides behind the internet   ....   and I can only imagine it's a good thing your Jewish ancestors are dead so they don't have to watch you grow into the bigoted nazi creep you've become.

personate-rain