Author Topic: Episode #740  (Read 1364 times)

Offline 2397

• Frequent Poster
Re: Episode #740
« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2019, 04:28:13 PM »
I award thee The Pendant of Pendanticness

Thank you.

*throws it onto a huge pile of identical awards*

Can you have a huge pile of identical items? In particular if you throw them and dent them. As the pile grows, each item experiences different pressures depending on where in the pile they are. And if the pile isn't kept in a vacuum, they're going to have different amounts of weathering from being differently exposed to air and dust.

Online daniel1948

• Happy Man in a Boat
  • Reef Tank Owner
  • I'd rather be paddling
« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2019, 06:45:15 PM »

Thank you.

Can you have a huge pile of identical items? In particular if you throw them and dent them. As the pile grows, each item experiences different pressures depending on where in the pile they are. And if the pile isn't kept in a vacuum, they're going to have different amounts of weathering from being differently exposed to air and dust.

Congratulations. You have just wrested the "pendant" award away from arthwollipot. I presume that was your intention.  :D
Daniel
----------------
“You say you love your children above all else, and yet you are stealing their future in front of their very eyes.”
-- Greta Thunberg

Online arthwollipot

• Reef Tank Owner
  • Observer of Phenomena. Pronouns: he/him
« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2019, 08:37:05 PM »

Thank you.

They started off identical.
My mom told me she tries never to make fun of people for not knowing something.
- Randall Munroe

Offline GodSlayer

• Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
« Reply #33 on: September 20, 2019, 10:55:16 PM »

Thank you.

They started off identical.

how closely did you look?
I don't accept your faith
Quote from: Thomas Carlyle
In a controversy, the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth, and have begun striving for ourselves.

Offline stands2reason

• Empiricist, Positivist, Militant Agnostic
  • Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2019, 09:43:42 PM »

But seriously, the way rogues used "near-death experience", it could refer to either ego death, or out-of-body experience. They are not the same thing. Most commonly, ego death is associated with DMT (another natural endogenous) drug, but I only have experience with the psilocybin version.