Author Topic: Any SGUF cartoonists want a little gig?  (Read 439 times)

Offline Drunken Idaho

• Natural Blonde
  • Reef Tank Owner
  • Comrade Questions
Any SGUF cartoonists want a little gig?
« on: June 01, 2017, 06:12:11 PM »
I will of course compensate the artist for the work, but before I go to Etsy or whatever, I figured I'd ask if any of the talented folks on here want to do it.

What I want to do:

*replace shading with solid color, remove shadow
*add facial stubble (maybe? I want to see what it looks like)
*reduce to as few total numbers of colors as possible (Red, Yellow, White, Black, Brown, Tan, Grey)--so inner ear same as face, stubble grey
*and here's the big one, and why I can't try this myself: have him wearing bunker pants (tan with red suspenders) like these:

(with the black boots, but black knee pads optional)

So if anybody wants to do this, please PM me or post here, OR even if you don't want to do the project, but have some knowledge, please PM or post and help me understand how in-depth a project this is, and how much would be fair compensation?
Strange women lying in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government.

Offline Henning

• Official Forum Artist
  • Stopped Going Outside
  • Mad "Liker"
    • Anomalina
Re: Any SGUF cartoonists want a little gig?
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2017, 12:52:26 AM »
Heh, well sure... and I actually could use the money right now.  :cheers:

This, I suppose, is for your firefighter company? Gonna wear it as a patch or something? That would be totes BA.
I recognize Mighty Mouse, but where'd you get the modified image? (I would insist on putting my own spin on it, not just tracing over)

This'll be fun!

( we'll discuss a fee in PM )
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. --Voltaire
That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence. -- Hitchens.

Offline Drunken Idaho

• Natural Blonde
  • Reef Tank Owner
  • Comrade Questions
Re: Any SGUF cartoonists want a little gig?
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2017, 03:34:43 AM »
Being a fan of your work, Henning, I was hoping you'd be interested.  PMed! :cheers:
Strange women lying in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government.

personate-rain