Author Topic: What do you think about the ISF (former JREF forum)?  (Read 2564 times)

Offline Noisy Rhysling

• Well Established
    • Hyperwar, WWII in Hypertext.
Re: What do you think about the ISF (former JREF forum)?
« Reply #45 on: March 06, 2017, 07:16:33 PM »
I do have to say that the ISF has been in a bit of a decline. It's certainly not what it once was. But it's still my home.
I don't miss it.
"Sunday's horoscope is note worthy because of its strange, sudden and wholly unpredictable and inexplicable occurrences, affecting all phases of life." Your Horoscope" L.A. Evening Herald Express, Sat, 12/06/41

Offline arthwollipot

• Stopped Going Outside
  • Observer of Phenomena
Re: What do you think about the ISF (former JREF forum)?
« Reply #46 on: March 07, 2017, 04:01:15 AM »
So, I've been on the ISF for a few weeks now, thanks to arth(I bet he regrets that).  My biggest complaint, too much traffic.  Its hard to keep up with.  The thread about Trump's accusing obama of wire tapping him is like 10 pages already.

Yeah, I came to terms with the fact that I would never read every thread (like I do here - well, almost) a long time ago. The way I do it is this:

I put certain subforums on ignore - those that I know I'm not interested in. American politics, puzzles, economics. I use the New Posts link to get new threads, and every thread I post in is automatically subscribed so that it appears in my User Control Panel. Then I also put individual threads in Ignore (like I do here) when I know that it's outside my interest profile and I know I'm not going to want to contribute to it.

But yeah, when something gets posted and ten pages go past in six hours, I usually don't bother trying to keep up with it.

personate-rain