Author Topic: Sneaky Pete  (Read 450 times)

Online SkeptiQueer

• Stopped Going Outside
  • DEEZ NUTZ
Sneaky Pete
« on: January 16, 2017, 10:02:07 PM »
Amazon Prime, anyone else watching? The trailer features Bryan Cranston shooting a guy, and it hooked me. Centers around a con man, sort of like Oceans Eleven but less frantic and bombastic, more grounded.
HIISSSSSSSS

Offline teethering

• 37% better than Slick
  • Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
Re: Sneaky Pete
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2017, 02:31:12 PM »
I watched the pilot years ago and I remember being excited about it.  I'm a little worried it took so long to actually start airing it.

Offline alexbutterfield

• Frequent Poster
  • Wins with Town
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2017, 11:49:10 AM »
I've seen the teailer. Was hoping for good reviews and recommendations. It seemed it could go either way. But I do like a good con man movie.

Offline estockly

• Stopped Going Outside
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2017, 05:11:49 PM »
This started out slow, and we weren't tempted to binge, but then around five episodes in, all the careful set up started to pay off, and this thing turned into a terrific show.

Watched the last three episodes in one sitting, and I may watch the whole series again. It's filled with little details and and hints throughout that I missed on first viewing.

A fine show.
and Donald Trump is President of the United States.

"Well, sometimes the magic works. Sometimes it doesn't." -- Chief Dan George, "Little Big Man"

Offline Neutral Milk

• Forum Historian
  • Physics makes us all its bitches.
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2017, 08:20:25 AM »
I enjoyed it, but I felt like there were a few too many things that were just too convenient. I get this is a mainstay of shows about con men, but it felt like lazy writing. It was far from my favorite amazon prime show. Mad Dogs, for example, had much better writing and pacing (not to mention really great cinematography) which masked a lot of those 'oh so convenient' elements.

Bryan Cranston also wasn't in that good of form. I didn't find him convincing as a tough guy pseudo crime-syndicate leader.. and this is Walter White I'm talking about! That can only be blamed on poor direction.

Online Ah.hell

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2017, 10:07:42 AM »
I've seen about 3 episodes, its good so far.  Ribisi is surprisingly good.

personate-rain