Author Topic: Waiting to see a neurologist for dystrophic calcification  (Read 305 times)

Offline Dustin

• Brand New
Waiting to see a neurologist for dystrophic calcification
« on: February 17, 2017, 08:42:04 PM »
What this post is not an intended substitute for real treatment; I simply can't get any information that applies to this specific condition and don't want to wait 2 weeks just for some general information:

37 M 6.1" 215 White 3-4 months Back of head where it meets the neck
SO I was in a fenderbender in August and felt fine afterwards, No signs of whiplash. As the months passed, I started getting very minor headaches int he back of my head, dizziness, trouble concentrating. Doctor schedules MRI; results described as benign Dystrophic Calcification in the brain due to past injury. I have never had a concussion that I recall. Doctor deferred to neurologist when I asked if this is due to car accident and the described symptons are from it.
I see a neurologist on 3/6; I am a little impatient so I was curious as to my above questions that my doctor declined to answer, and what I can expect from a possible treatment. Unfortunately, I do not know the exact location of the DC because the nurse who told me all of this did not have that information passed to her.

Offline Fast Eddie B

• Frequent Poster
Re: Waiting to see a neurologist for dystrophic calcification
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2017, 09:02:32 PM »
Might I suggest something like WebMD or the like?

Even a Google search will cast a far wider net than a skeptic's forum.

But good luck - and you just might get some answers here.
"And what it all boils down to is that no one's really got it figured out just yet" - Alanis Morisette
• • •
"I doubt that!" - James Randi

Offline Dustin

• Brand New
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2017, 09:16:53 PM »
WebMD doea not list DC as a condition or symptom. "Dystrophic calcification head treatment" comes up with nothing concrete and usually leads yo pages focused on the many other types of calcification.

Offline Fast Eddie B

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2017, 09:25:33 PM »
WebMD doea not list DC as a condition or symptom. "Dystrophic calcification head treatment" comes up with nothing concrete and usually leads yo pages focused on the many other types of calcification.

Sorry.

Good luck with both your search and your condition.
"And what it all boils down to is that no one's really got it figured out just yet" - Alanis Morisette
• • •
"I doubt that!" - James Randi