Author Topic: Episode where they compared infant mortality between US and other countries?  (Read 287 times)

Offline rgelb

• Brand New
I am trying to find the episode where they talked about surveys comparing infant mortality between US and other countries.  I believe Dr. Novella mentioned that these surveys were comparing apples and oranges as the collection methods were different. 

I can't seem to find that show.  Anyone remember?

Regards

Offline 2397

• Seasoned Contributor
I remember a comparison of countries, something about Denmark and vaccines.

Actually that might've been about comparing autism rates US vs. Denmark, and doing something like comparing the numbers for new cases in one place to total cases in the other.

Searching for "infant mortality" on sgutranscripts.org it points to episode 510, which has another story about vaccinations that does include infant mortality. Not sure that's what you're looking for, but it's the closest I can find atm.

Edit: I'm guessing that's not it. Do you remember any other details about the episode?
« Last Edit: February 21, 2017, 09:16:49 PM by 2397 »

Offline 2397

• Seasoned Contributor
Episode 304, starting at 16:00, a comment on a study "purporting to show" countries with higher vaccine rates having higher infant mortality rates.

Also incidentally, episode 303 at 24:00, a comment about Donald Trump.

personate-rain