Author Topic: When is the last time Nicholas Cage has been in a good movie?  (Read 638 times)

Offline Noisy Rhysling

• Well Established
    • Hyperwar, WWII in Hypertext.
Re: When is the last time Nicholas Cage has been in a good movie?
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2017, 10:15:18 AM »
Indianapolis trailers made my eyes bleed. They couldn't find a picture of a Portland-class cruiser?
"Sunday's horoscope is note worthy because of its strange, sudden and wholly unpredictable and inexplicable occurrences, affecting all phases of life." Your Horoscope" L.A. Evening Herald Express, Sat, 12/06/41

Offline Desert Fox

• Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
  • Hopeful Non-Theist
    • Kitsune's Web Page
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2017, 04:54:01 PM »
Indianapolis trailers made my eyes bleed. They couldn't find a picture of a Portland-class cruiser?

They had an angled deck on the carrier for Pearl Harbor  ???

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pearl_Harbor_(film)
Anachronisms

Numerous other inconsistencies and anachronisms are present in the film. A sailor has a pack of Marlboro Light cigarettes in his pocket, not introduced until 1972. In the beginning of the movie, a newsreel of 1940 is presented with combat footage in Europe, showing a M-26 Pershing tank fighting in the city of Cologne, which did not happen until March 1945.[39]

The crop duster in the first scene set in 1923 was not commercially available until the late 1930s.[40]

Three Spruance destroyers tied abreast of each other at their pier are seen being bombed by the Japanese planes, although this class of ship only entered service with the US Navy in the 1970s. The retired Iowa-class battleship USS Missouri was used to represent USS West Virginia for Dorie Miller's boxing match. The West Virginia did not have the modernized World War II-era bridge and masts found on newer U.S. battleships until her reconstruction was finished in 1943, while the Iowa-class did not enter service until 1943 onwards.[41]

One of Doolittle's trophies in a display case depicts a model of an F-86 Sabre, which was not even on the drawing board in the 1940s. Late production models of the B-25J were used instead of the early B-25B. Several shots of the USS Hornet aircraft carrier depicted it as having an angled flight deck, a technology that was not implemented until after the war. While the USS Hornet was portrayed by a World War II era vessel (USS Lexington), the USS Hornet was a Yorktown-class carrier, whereas the Lexington was a modernized Essex-class carrier.[42] The takeoff sequences for the Doolittle Raid were filmed on the USS Constellation, a Kitty Hawk-class aircraft carrier which did not enter service until 1961. As a supercarrier, the Constellation is much larger than the Hornet or Essex class carriers, making it much safer for the B-25's to take off from.[43] The Japanese carriers are portrayed more correctly by comparison—a few of them did have their bridge/conning tower superstructure on the port side rather than the more common starboard configuration.
"Give me the storm and tempest of thought and action, rather than the dead calm of ignorance and faith. Banish me from Eden when you will; but first let me eat of the fruit of the tree of knowledge."
— Robert G. Ingersoll

Offline ShadowSot

• Seasoned Contributor
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2017, 07:21:44 PM »
I remember liking Sorcerer's Apprentice.
“I'm smart enough to know that I'm dumb.”
 - Richard Feynman

Offline Ah.hell

• Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2017, 09:31:33 AM »
I remember liking Sorcerer's Apprentice.
So did I and I liked National Treasure but I wouldn't call them good movies and would expect many other adults to enjoy them.

personate-rain