Author Topic: Alex Jones / Info Wars  (Read 2589 times)

Offline stands2reason

• Empiricist, Positivist, Militant Agnostic
  • Reef Tank Owner
Alex Jones / Info Wars
« on: March 05, 2017, 09:51:41 AM »
This fine gentleman has been discussed a lot on this forum over the years. Unfortunately, most such threads have died. Maybe he needs a dedicated thread.

IMO, if you are looking for reactionary or inflammatory news, the Info Wars Breaking News section is one of the best sources, arguably better than social media. (http://www.infowars.com/breaking-news/)

For the most part, his posts seem to be just plain conspiracy crazy, which is the main reason I put in here instead of in Politics:

Jones's style of conspiracy is most unsettling as he seems to be propagating the notion that Trump is antiestablishment, meaning that Trump is standing up to the NWO and the shadow corporate government.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Harry Black

• International Man of Mystery
  • Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
Re: Alex Jones / Info Wars
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2017, 10:14:46 AM »
Im looking forward to the point where Jones has to backtrack and start paintimg Trump as part of the conspiracy to make his schtick work.

Offline stands2reason

• Empiricist, Positivist, Militant Agnostic
  • Reef Tank Owner
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2017, 10:24:42 AM »
Satanist and occult connections with the American Left "to kill Trump":

Online SkeptiQueer

• Stopped Going Outside
  • DEEZ NUTZ
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2017, 12:41:19 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=kjwEnvtwSCc

Makes Jones infinitely more watchable.
HIISSSSSSSS

Offline drwfishesman

• Well Established
  • Occasional Forum Necromancer
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2017, 10:45:32 AM »
I heard there's a conspiracy theory out there that Jones is really Bill Hicks and it makes him furious.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

"When one has a limited ability or desire to think, one must fiercely defend the thoughts already had. You never know when the next one will come." Andrew Bridges

Offline xenu

• Frequent Poster
  • Chicago Blackhawks 2010,13,15 Stanley Cup Champion
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2017, 11:03:46 AM »
That Podcast "Cognitive Dissonance" has Jones on all the time. They rip him all the time. If he believes half the shit that he says he really is crazy.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."
Douglas Adams

Offline Soldier of FORTRAN

• Too Much Spare Time
  • Cache rules everything around me.
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2017, 11:16:09 AM »
His recent Joe Rogan interview was crazy.  At one point, he was talking about interdimensional child molesting spirit-vampires.  At another point, he was talking about an international consortium of pedophiles with an AI. 

It was much worse than the usual shit about goblin vomit and water that turns frogs gay. 

And this guy is of influence to the president
Every soup ladled to the hungry, every blanket draped over the cold signifies, in the final sense, a theft from my gigantic paycheck.

Offline Paul Blevins Jr.

• Not Enough Spare Time
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2017, 02:50:07 PM »
I have three co-workers who believe every single word Jones says. One of them is a 55-yr old black woman and another is a twenty-something black man. Boggles my mind.

Offline Jeremy's Sea

• Kintsukuroi, baby.
  • Frequent Poster
  • 667 - Neighbor of the beast.
    • jeremyad [sic]
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2017, 05:30:38 PM »
That Podcast "Cognitive Dissonance" has Jones on all the time. They rip him all the time. If he believes half the shit that he says he really is crazy.
Jon Ronson seems to think Jones isn't putting it on. Ronson says he helped elevate Jones to a national platform when he invited Alex to infiltrate Bohemian Grove and while Ronson was having a relaxed laugh, Alex was sneaking around in fear of his own life.
Knowledge is power. France is bacon.

Offline Igor SMC

• Not Enough Spare Time
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2017, 08:54:30 AM »
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable"

Offline teethering

• 37% better than Slick
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2017, 12:34:40 PM »
One of the more interesting points about him that I've heard raised (I think on The Weeds podcast) is that if he was just a conspiracy nut the Trump-Russia connection is ripe for it.  Like there's something incredibly suggestive about all the connections between Trump and Putin and people not inclined to come up with conspiracy theories are having a hard time avoiding drawing these connections.  But this tool isn't having any issues with it, apparently.

This (among other reasons) is why I think it's all an act.  A cynical, disgusting act of a man who is exploiting the gullible for personal gain and gratification.

Offline Harry Black

• International Man of Mystery
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2017, 01:07:48 PM »
Is he an illuminati wonk? If he were then the Trump/Russia thing would be immaterial.
But I actually do suspect he is just a con artist.

Offline Jeremy's Sea

• Kintsukuroi, baby.
  • Frequent Poster
  • 667 - Neighbor of the beast.
    • jeremyad [sic]
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2017, 01:24:06 PM »
This (among other reasons) is why I think it's all an act.  A cynical, disgusting act of a man who is exploiting the gullible for personal gain and gratification.
You know the saying, flattery gets you everywhere. He has the ear of the POTUS, there is no way he is going to alienate a powerful and famous person no matter how insane he is. Though you're likely just as right.
Knowledge is power. France is bacon.

Offline drwfishesman

• Well Established
  • Occasional Forum Necromancer
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2017, 08:10:40 AM »
Had to put on his, "my lawyer is making me say this face" recently.

http://doubtfulnews.com/2017/03/observe-alex-jones-weaseling-out-of-a-legal-jam/
"When one has a limited ability or desire to think, one must fiercely defend the thoughts already had. You never know when the next one will come." Andrew Bridges

Offline seamas

• Well Established
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2017, 01:53:01 PM »
Had to put on his, "my lawyer is making me say this face" recently.

http://doubtfulnews.com/2017/03/observe-alex-jones-weaseling-out-of-a-legal-jam/

I hope that doesn't help him one little bit.

personate-rain