Author Topic: Alex Jones / Info Wars  (Read 2130 times)

Offline Igor SMC

• Not Enough Spare Time
Re: Alex Jones / Info Wars
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2017, 02:41:40 PM »
Dont you guys think that it is seriously frightening that the most powerful person in the world.... believes in Alex Jones?
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable"

Offline Soldier of FORTRAN

• Stopped Going Outside
  • Cache rules everything around me.
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2017, 02:53:34 PM »
Yeah, I really can't get over that.  We elect politicians based on their marketing and acting prowess and this is where it's taken us. 
Every soup ladled to the hungry, every blanket draped over the cold signifies, in the final sense, a theft from my gigantic paycheck.

Offline teethering

• 37% better than Slick
  • Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2017, 07:52:25 PM »
Dont you guys think that it is seriously frightening that the most powerful person in the world.... believes in Alex Jones?

Sort of.

I think the lesson we're learning is that the power of the office of the president depends quite a lot on the competency of the president.  And luckily for everyone involved Trump is utterly useless, even when it comes to following through on his mendacious and cruel agenda inspired by Alex Jones delusions.

Offline Jeremy's Sea

• Kintsukuroi, baby.
  • Frequent Poster
  • 667 - Neighbor of the beast.
    • jeremyad [sic]
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2017, 06:03:53 PM »
His wife claims he's not a fraud, but his attorney claims he is a fraud...

http://fusion.net/alex-jones-defense-in-upcoming-custody-battle-is-that-1794370575

The man who claims the Sandy Hook Elementary School Massacre was staged will be in a Texas courtroom over the next two weeks to argue that he is mentally fit to maintain custody of his three kids. To prove this, Jones’ attorneys will say the InfoWars boss and friend of Donald Trump is a fraud.

To be fair, that’s not exactly what the attorneys are arguing. Rather, attorney Randall Wilhite told a judge during a pretrial hearing that Jones is a “performance artist,” according to a report in the Austin-American Statesman, which is covering the lengthy (and expensive) custody dispute.

The children’s mother, Kelly Jones, believes that not only is Jones a bad parent, he also poses a threat to their three kids. And she doesn’t buy the argument that his InfoWars persona is an act.

Here’s what she told a judge at the pretrial hearing in Travis County, according to the Statesman:

“He’s not a stable person,” she said of the man with whom her 14-year-old son and 9- and 12-year-old daughters have lived since her 2015 divorce. “He says he wants to break Alec Baldwin’s neck. He wants J-Lo to get raped.

“I’m concerned that he is engaged in felonious behavior, threatening a member of Congress,” she said, referring to his recent comments about California Democrat Adam Schiff. “He broadcasts from home. The children are there, watching him broadcast.”

Wilhite said using InfoWars to judge Alex Jones would be like evaluating Jack Nicholson based on his interpretation of the Joker in Batman, the Statesman writes.

Duly noted. From this day forward, Jones’ reckless verbal dances with the devil in the pale moonlight are hereby confirmed as works of fiction. You hear that, Donald?
Knowledge is power. France is bacon.

Offline drwfishesman

• Well Established
  • Occasional Forum Necromancer
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2017, 09:01:42 AM »
His wife claims he's not a fraud, but his attorney claims he is a fraud...

http://fusion.net/alex-jones-defense-in-upcoming-custody-battle-is-that-1794370575

The man who claims the Sandy Hook Elementary School Massacre was staged will be in a Texas courtroom over the next two weeks to argue that he is mentally fit to maintain custody of his three kids. To prove this, Jones’ attorneys will say the InfoWars boss and friend of Donald Trump is a fraud.

To be fair, that’s not exactly what the attorneys are arguing. Rather, attorney Randall Wilhite told a judge during a pretrial hearing that Jones is a “performance artist,” according to a report in the Austin-American Statesman, which is covering the lengthy (and expensive) custody dispute.

The children’s mother, Kelly Jones, believes that not only is Jones a bad parent, he also poses a threat to their three kids. And she doesn’t buy the argument that his InfoWars persona is an act.

Here’s what she told a judge at the pretrial hearing in Travis County, according to the Statesman:

“He’s not a stable person,” she said of the man with whom her 14-year-old son and 9- and 12-year-old daughters have lived since her 2015 divorce. “He says he wants to break Alec Baldwin’s neck. He wants J-Lo to get raped.

“I’m concerned that he is engaged in felonious behavior, threatening a member of Congress,” she said, referring to his recent comments about California Democrat Adam Schiff. “He broadcasts from home. The children are there, watching him broadcast.”

Wilhite said using InfoWars to judge Alex Jones would be like evaluating Jack Nicholson based on his interpretation of the Joker in Batman, the Statesman writes.

Duly noted. From this day forward, Jones’ reckless verbal dances with the devil in the pale moonlight are hereby confirmed as works of fiction. You hear that, Donald?

I knew he was really Bill Hicks...he faked his death and has been trolling us for years...VALIDATION!!!
"When one has a limited ability or desire to think, one must fiercely defend the thoughts already had. You never know when the next one will come." Andrew Bridges

Offline Jeremy's Sea

• Kintsukuroi, baby.
  • Frequent Poster
    • jeremyad [sic]
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2017, 01:31:45 PM »
I wish!!!  :laugh:

Online werecow

• Cryptobovinologist
  • Frequent Poster
  • mooh
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2017, 04:48:57 PM »
One of the more interesting points about him that I've heard raised (I think on The Weeds podcast) is that if he was just a conspiracy nut the Trump-Russia connection is ripe for it.  Like there's something incredibly suggestive about all the connections between Trump and Putin and people not inclined to come up with conspiracy theories are having a hard time avoiding drawing these connections.  But this tool isn't having any issues with it, apparently.

This (among other reasons) is why I think it's all an act.  A cynical, disgusting act of a man who is exploiting the gullible for personal gain and gratification.

I'm just guessing, but I think it may be a bit of both. I base that on nothing but the snippets I've seen of his performance and Jon Ronson's description of him in Them: Adventures with Extremists, but I want in on this thread, so I had to write something. }|:op

Do conspiracy nuts go along with any conspiracy they see, or do they usually just go with the ones that fit their politics (like most other people)?

Speaking of Jon Ronson and Alex Jones:

Mooohn!

Online SkeptiQueer

• Stopped Going Outside
  • DEEZ NUTZ
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2017, 05:00:44 PM »
I always point to the example of Andrew "Dice" Clay. The dice man was a part of his early standup, but over time he started to become Dice full-time, even in otherwise out of character interviews, espousing the same views that he used as jokes on stage.

As to whether it comes from within or is internalized through playing the character I'm not sure, but I am sure that nobody can go in and play a character opposite their personality every day for several hours without it taking a toll somewhere.
HIISSSSSSSS

Offline xenu

• Frequent Poster
  • Chicago Blackhawks 2010,13,15 Stanley Cup Champion
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2017, 07:47:10 AM »
I always point to the example of Andrew "Dice" Clay. The dice man was a part of his early standup, but over time he started to become Dice full-time, even in otherwise out of character interviews, espousing the same views that he used as jokes on stage.

I don't know, I think that the "Andrew Clay" character became so lucrative and everyone asked for it, that it became his full time gig. Then again you might be right.

As to whether it comes from within or is internalized through playing the character I'm not sure, but I am sure that nobody can go in and play a character opposite their personality every day for several hours without it taking a toll somewhere.

Ya like  a character actor who stays in character even between takes and scenes. Colbert could because he was just playing himself a smart ass.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."
Douglas Adams

Online PANTS!

• One leg at a time.
  • Reef Tank Owner
  • What seals? I auditioned for this job.
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2017, 02:58:55 PM »

"We must be careful about what we pretend to be." - Kurt Vonnegut "Mother Night"
Now where I come from
We don't let society tell us how it's supposed to be
-Uptown, Prince 👉

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

Online Belgarath

• Forum Sugar Daddy
  • Technical Administrator
  • Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2017, 10:06:35 PM »
Didn't he recently file papers in court claiming his 'show' is 'performance art' and none of it is real?
#notarealskeptic

Offline Gerbig

• Frequent Poster
  • Stream Crosser
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2017, 10:13:37 PM »
Well well, he is quite the character, aint he?

Offline Jeremy's Sea

• Kintsukuroi, baby.
  • Frequent Poster
    • jeremyad [sic]
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2017, 12:51:34 AM »
https://www.rawstory.com/2017/04/alex-jones-tells-jury-his-marijuana-has-gotten-too-strong-and-says-george-soros-is-to-blame/ for those of you who think he's all a big put on, how does this affect your opinion?

Online werecow

• Cryptobovinologist
  • Frequent Poster
  • mooh
« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2017, 08:15:48 AM »
https://www.rawstory.com/2017/04/alex-jones-tells-jury-his-marijuana-has-gotten-too-strong-and-says-george-soros-is-to-blame/ for those of you who think he's all a big put on, how does this affect your opinion?

Maybe he just hates his kids because they're part of the New World Order?
Mooohn!

Online werecow

• Cryptobovinologist
  • Frequent Poster
  • mooh
« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2017, 10:42:52 AM »
Speaking of Jon Ronson and Alex Jones:

I should have posted this side by side with Alex Jones' interpretation of events:

More on the "ritual" here.
Mooohn!

personate-rain