Author Topic: Alex Jones / Info Wars  (Read 24827 times)

Online Desert Fox

• Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
  • Hopeful Non-Theist
    • Kitsune's Web Page
Re: Alex Jones / Info Wars
« Reply #330 on: September 11, 2018, 07:33:43 PM »
Did anybody see how he confront Mark Rubio? I don't like Rubio (when he ran for president, he seemed to be running more for Pastor in Chief) but still Jones is a real shit.

https://www.theguardian.com/global/video/2018/sep/06/dont-touch-me-marco-rubio-and-alex-jones-clash-video

Jones used it to try to promote his website.
"Give me the storm and tempest of thought and action, rather than the dead calm of ignorance and faith. Banish me from Eden when you will; but first let me eat of the fruit of the tree of knowledge."
— Robert G. Ingersoll

Offline John Albert

• Too Much Spare Time
« Reply #331 on: September 12, 2018, 04:25:08 PM »
I don't get why the news channel producers didn't kick him out of there earlier. Maybe they figured it would make for a better story than whatever Rubio had to say.

Offline arthwollipot

• Reef Tank Owner
  • Observer of Phenomena
« Reply #332 on: September 12, 2018, 06:17:14 PM »
If it bleeds, it leads. And Jones had people bleeding from the ears.
Self-described nerd. Pronouns: He/Him.
Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiarii?

Offline John Albert

• Too Much Spare Time
« Reply #333 on: September 14, 2018, 03:35:26 PM »
And Rubio is about as dull as they come.

Offline Pdb

• Frequent Poster
  • Pessimism of the Intellect, Optimism of the Will
« Reply #334 on: September 14, 2018, 08:10:32 PM »

I was surprised how well Rubio handled himself. A lot less robotic than in the primaries.
Truth. - No one now dies of fatal truths: there are too many antidotes to them.

Offline John Albert

• Too Much Spare Time
« Reply #335 on: September 15, 2018, 05:53:30 PM »

I was surprised how well Rubio handled himself. A lot less robotic than in the primaries.

But he got brutally punked by freaking Alex Jones. To a professional career politician, that's quite an embarrassment. 

Offline Pdb

• Frequent Poster
  • Pessimism of the Intellect, Optimism of the Will
« Reply #336 on: September 15, 2018, 10:17:15 PM »

But he got brutally punked by freaking Alex Jones. To a professional career politician, that's quite an embarrassment.

Rubio did get destroyed by Christie in the debates so dealing with overbearing big personalities isn’t his strength. This time with Jones at least Rubio seemed human. The “go back to your bathhouse with the other frat boys” comment seemed odd though.
Truth. - No one now dies of fatal truths: there are too many antidotes to them.

Offline Jeremy's Sea

• Kintsukuroi, baby.
  • Stopped Going Outside
  • 667 - Neighbor of the beast.
« Reply #337 on: September 17, 2018, 01:16:10 PM »
Yeah, it's not odd, there's a pervasive line of homophobia through Alex Jones's commentary. Even if he isn't out and out a bigot all the time, he's still of the diminished mindset that calling someone gay is an insult.
Knowledge is power. France is bacon.

Offline gebobs

• Seasoned Contributor
  • Me like hockey!
« Reply #338 on: September 17, 2018, 01:31:41 PM »
Seemed to me he handled it pretty well. Jones is quite the asshole.

Offline John Albert

• Too Much Spare Time
« Reply #339 on: September 17, 2018, 03:55:12 PM »
It would have looked a lot better if he'd shown a little spine, and authoritatively told somebody to get that buffoon out of camera range while a press conference was going on.

Offline arthwollipot

• Reef Tank Owner
  • Observer of Phenomena
« Reply #340 on: September 17, 2018, 09:18:39 PM »
I like the idea of someone prominent calling Alex Jones a "buffoon" to his face on national TV.
Self-described nerd. Pronouns: He/Him.
Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiarii?

Online CarbShark

« Reply #341 on: March 18, 2019, 05:33:50 PM »
This American Life does a deep dive into Sandy Hook and Alex Jones.

Wow.

This American Life: Beware the Jabberwock

Alex Jones spread the idea that Sandy Hook was a hoax, on his radio show and website for years after the shooting. He's probably the country's most famous conspiracy theorist. He's even had Donald Trump on his show. Reporter Jon Ronson travels to Jones' hometown in Texas, to investigate the story Jones tells about himself, and how he became who he is.   
and Donald Trump is President of the United States.

I'm not a doctor, I'm just someone who has done a ton of research into diet and nutrition.

Offline Friendly Angel

• Stopped Going Outside
  • Post count reset to zero in both forum apocalypses
« Reply #342 on: March 18, 2019, 05:42:08 PM »
This American Life does a deep dive into Sandy Hook and Alex Jones.

Wow.

This American Life: Beware the Jabberwock

Yeah, quite a story.  Them were some mimsy Borogoves.
Amend and resubmit.

Online Desert Fox

• Hopeful Non-Theist
    • Kitsune's Web Page
« Reply #343 on: April 02, 2019, 04:52:06 PM »
Alex Jones claims that he suffered psychosis with his Sandy Hook conspiracies
In his divorce trial though, he claimed that his show was basically an act and that he did not believe what he was spewing.

https://www.vox.com/2019/3/31/18289271/alex-jones-psychosis-conspiracies-sandy-hook-hoax

Notorious conspiracy theorist Alex Jones claims a “form of psychosis” caused him to believe that the Sandy Hook massacre was staged.

For years, Jones, the founder of Infowars, peddled a conspiracy theory about the shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School, where a shooter killed 20 children and six adults in 2012. Jones has repeatedly claimed the massacre was a “giant hoax” carried out by “crisis actors” in a broad scheme to trample on Second Amendment rights.

In a video released Friday, Jones acknowledged in a sworn deposition stemming from a lawsuit filed by the families of Sandy Hook victims that the school shooting was in fact real. Jones blamed the “trauma of the media and the corporations lying so much” for triggering his extreme distrust in news and information.
"Give me the storm and tempest of thought and action, rather than the dead calm of ignorance and faith. Banish me from Eden when you will; but first let me eat of the fruit of the tree of knowledge."
— Robert G. Ingersoll

Online CarbShark

« Reply #344 on: May 02, 2019, 02:34:25 PM »

Facebook bans Alex Jones, Milo Yiannopoulos and other far-right figures - Los Angeles Times

Facebook Inc. said it’s banning a number of controversial far-right figures, including Alex Jones, Milo Yiannopoulos and Laura Loomer, for violating the social-media company’s policies on hate speech and promoting violence.

It's about time.
and Donald Trump is President of the United States.

I'm not a doctor, I'm just someone who has done a ton of research into diet and nutrition.

personate-rain