Author Topic: Alex Jones / Info Wars  (Read 27541 times)

Offline werecow

• Cryptobovinologist
  • Stopped Going Outside
  • mooh
Re: Alex Jones / Info Wars
« Reply #60 on: July 01, 2017, 10:01:31 AM »
http://www.ibtimes.com/nasa-denies-theory-it-running-child-slave-colony-mars-2560088

NASA Denies Theory That It Is Running A Child Slave Colony On Mars

InfoWars is no stranger to controversy, as its far-right talking head Alex Jones has regularly entertained even the most fringe conspiracy theories on the program for years. A recent segment of InfoWars — which airs on 118 nationwide stations — purported that there was a sex slave colony of kidnapped children living on Mars. NASA, for its part, disagreed.

Is the ibtimes like the onion? This sounds batshit even for Alex Jones and friends.
Mooohn!

Online The Latinist

• Cyber Greasemonkey
  • Technical Administrator
  • Reef Tank Owner
« Reply #61 on: July 01, 2017, 11:54:43 AM »
http://www.ibtimes.com/nasa-denies-theory-it-running-child-slave-colony-mars-2560088

NASA Denies Theory That It Is Running A Child Slave Colony On Mars

InfoWars is no stranger to controversy, as its far-right talking head Alex Jones has regularly entertained even the most fringe conspiracy theories on the program for years. A recent segment of InfoWars — which airs on 118 nationwide stations — purported that there was a sex slave colony of kidnapped children living on Mars. NASA, for its part, disagreed.

Is the ibtimes like the onion? This sounds batshit even for Alex Jones and friends.

The infowars segment is embedded in the IBT article.  Skip to about 2:55 for the claim by a "CIA insider."  Or watch the whole thing to find out how children are being ground up to turn into an anti-aging potion.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2017, 11:58:41 AM by The Latinist »
I would like to propose...that...it is undesirable to believe in a proposition when there is no ground whatever for supposing it true. — Bertrand Russell

Offline John Albert

• Too Much Spare Time
« Reply #62 on: July 01, 2017, 12:46:53 PM »
It's just like an ethnocentric white cis male to use his own culture as the yardstick for judging all others. The Reptoids have their own civilization too, which is no less valid than the Western colonialist Imperialism of Alex Jones' ancestors. If grinding up infants to make anti-aging potions is one of the beautiful, sacred traditions of their culture, it's not for us to judge.

Offline Desert Fox

• Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
  • Hopeful Non-Theist
    • Kitsune's Web Page
« Reply #63 on: August 01, 2017, 07:57:44 AM »
Thought I should post this

"Give me the storm and tempest of thought and action, rather than the dead calm of ignorance and faith. Banish me from Eden when you will; but first let me eat of the fruit of the tree of knowledge."
— Robert G. Ingersoll

Offline Belgarath

• Forum Sugar Daddy
  • Technical Administrator
« Reply #64 on: August 01, 2017, 09:19:37 AM »
This was THE BEST.  I love the fact he's not going after him for being batshit crazy.  He's going after him for being batshit crazy IN ORDER TO SELL batshit stupid shit to the masses.

#non-belief denialist

Offline Billzbub

• Stopped Going Outside
  • I know you know I know
« Reply #65 on: August 01, 2017, 09:53:59 AM »
I wonder if Alex Jones will have a response.
Quote from: Steven Novella
gleefully altering one’s beliefs to accommodate new information should be a badge of honor

Offline Pdb

• Frequent Poster
  • Pessimism of the Intellect, Optimism of the Will
« Reply #66 on: August 02, 2017, 11:29:04 PM »
I wonder if Alex Jones will have a response.

Truth. - No one now dies of fatal truths: there are too many antidotes to them.

Offline Desert Fox

• Hopeful Non-Theist
    • Kitsune's Web Page
« Reply #67 on: August 03, 2017, 02:59:08 PM »
Let us assume that Alex Jones is being honest, it is actually alright with you that he is robbing people? Let us face it, that is what he is doing.
"Give me the storm and tempest of thought and action, rather than the dead calm of ignorance and faith. Banish me from Eden when you will; but first let me eat of the fruit of the tree of knowledge."
— Robert G. Ingersoll

Offline John Albert

• Too Much Spare Time
« Reply #68 on: August 03, 2017, 03:04:56 PM »
Let us assume that Alex Jones is being honest, it is actually alright with you that he is robbing people? Let us face it, that is what he is doing.

#1 He's not being honest.

#2 It is not alright that he's ripping people off.

Offline drwfishesman

• Frequent Poster
  • Occasional Forum Necromancer
« Reply #69 on: August 03, 2017, 03:09:59 PM »

"Behold, the Underminer! I'm always beneath you, but nothing is beneath me! I hereby declare war on peace and happiness! Soon, all will tremble before me!"
—The Underminer from The Incredibles.
"When one has a limited ability or desire to think, one must fiercely defend the thoughts already had. You never know when the next one will come." Andrew Bridges

Offline Desert Fox

• Hopeful Non-Theist
    • Kitsune's Web Page
« Reply #70 on: August 03, 2017, 03:58:21 PM »

#1 He's not being honest.

#2 It is not alright that he's ripping people off.

I am challenging Pdb88 on it. Of course I don't think it is alright.
— Robert G. Ingersoll

Offline Pdb

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #71 on: August 04, 2017, 12:54:56 AM »

Here's a http://shop2.porsche.com/australia/lifestyle/office/wap0507100g/usb-stick-rs-2-7.pdds porsche 8GB usb for almost $70 AUD, why? People (including me) like Porsche and are willing to pay a premium. It's the same with Alex Jones - people support him and what he does (he was behind the "Bill Clinton RAPE" shirt and people chanting "lock her up") and it is a legitimate cause that some people support if a little crass and offensive.

He is not robbing anyone, he sells products and people give him money - it worked for OSHO:

Would I give him money or buy his products? Probably not but I do not see it as worse than buying a $70 porsche usb or what The Young Turks do. Alex Jones is incredibly successful and I don't see him as being immoral at all.

He is talking about endocrine disruptors and it is real, Alex Jones says it in a ridiculous way "frogs gay" but it is true:
https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Tom_Zoeller/publication/11586719_Endocrine_Disruptors-A_Controversy_in_Science_and_Policy_Session_III_Summary_and_Research_Needs/links/0c96052c953cc74e56000000.pdf
Five trends can be identified from the new research on
endocrine disruptors: (1) exposure levels sufficient to
produce profound physiological effects in laboratory
experiments are dramatically lower than once thought;
(2) endocrine disruptors are not just a small number of
persistent bioaccumulative contaminants but rather are
found in a broad array of chemical classes which had
previously been thought to be devoid of hormonal
activity; (3) human exposure to endocrine disrupting
chemicals is ubiquitous; (4) every hormonal system
examined has been found to be vulnerable to endocrine
disruption by exogenous chemicals; (5) in utero exposure
to a growing list of chemicals have been found to
impact development in ways that may be present at birth,
or may not be measurable until adulthood.

Offline John Albert

• Too Much Spare Time
« Reply #72 on: August 04, 2017, 01:04:15 AM »
Just wow.

On a skeptics forum no less.

SMH.

Offline Desert Fox

• Hopeful Non-Theist
    • Kitsune's Web Page
« Reply #73 on: August 04, 2017, 01:09:52 AM »
Just wow.

SMH.

I love that Infowars and the Goop sell the same crap
https://qz.com/1010684/all-the-wellness-products-american-love-to-buy-are-sold-on-both-infowars-and-goop/

Edit: Something gives me the feeling that the poster would also support Jim Bakker and his food buckets.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2017, 01:12:44 AM by Desert Fox »
— Robert G. Ingersoll

Offline Pdb

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #74 on: August 04, 2017, 05:37:48 AM »
Just wow.

SMH.

I doubt any of the supplements are useful - in the same way that the Porsche usb is probably no better than a cheap alternative. People are paying a premium to eat like Gwyneth or feel like Alex Jones.

Alex Jones is an entertaining and polarising figure - I think he has as much a right to promote his views as any mainstream host or presenter. John Oliver gets his money from HBO - Alex Jones makes money from direct marketing and he is probably much richer than John Oliver. The most damning part was that AJ wears a Rolex and mentioned that he doesn't care about material wealth (he was lying - Alex Jones does hours of unprepared speeches regularly, he is going to say some oddball things).

personate-rain
personate-rain