Author Topic: Alex Jones / Info Wars  (Read 27853 times)

Offline Soldier of FORTRAN

• Reef Tank Owner
  • Cache rules everything around me.
Re: Alex Jones / Info Wars
« Reply #135 on: August 19, 2017, 06:20:20 PM »
Edit: Nevermind, there's the video.

I heard the guy's a local actor? 
... in war the screams are loud and harsh and in peace the wail is so drawn-out we tell ourselves we hear nothing.

Offline John Albert

• Too Much Spare Time
« Reply #136 on: August 19, 2017, 06:26:05 PM »
That explains why most of the videos of this on YouTube are on right-wing channels and carry headlines like, "Alt-Left Attacks Alex Jones in Seattle!" and "Alex Jones Attacked With Boiling Coffee On The Streets Of Seattle" and "Literal Goblin Creature Pours Coffee On Alex Jones."

I just edited my original post to remove the video. I don't want to give any more traffic to these sham YouTube channels.

Offline Soldier of FORTRAN

• Reef Tank Owner
  • Cache rules everything around me.
« Reply #137 on: August 19, 2017, 06:35:15 PM »
FALSE FLAG
... in war the screams are loud and harsh and in peace the wail is so drawn-out we tell ourselves we hear nothing.

Offline John Albert

• Too Much Spare Time
« Reply #138 on: August 19, 2017, 06:39:55 PM »
I don't know. I don't believe that guy was hired by Alex Jones. Some musician friends of mine actually know him, and they're insisting he's a genuine lefty.

It's still funny to accuse Alex Jones of staging a false flag operation though!

Offline Desert Fox

• Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
  • Hopeful Non-Theist
    • Kitsune's Web Page
« Reply #139 on: August 19, 2017, 06:49:08 PM »
I've watched his show, every 15 minutes he hawks bullshit.  In between, about 90% of the time he's either a) Lying or b) Wildly speculating.....

Don't forget that even if there is some sort of basis of his speculation, it is often presented as if somebody with secret knowledge told him just like Trump claimed during the election to know cops with all the magical answers to problems.
"Give me the storm and tempest of thought and action, rather than the dead calm of ignorance and faith. Banish me from Eden when you will; but first let me eat of the fruit of the tree of knowledge."
— Robert G. Ingersoll

Offline Belgarath

• Forum Sugar Daddy
  • Technical Administrator
« Reply #140 on: August 19, 2017, 10:26:39 PM »
I've watched his show, every 15 minutes he hawks bullshit.  In between, about 90% of the time he's either a) Lying or b) Wildly speculating.....

Don't forget that even if there is some sort of basis of his speculation, it is often presented as if somebody with secret knowledge told him just like Trump claimed during the election to know cops with all the magical answers to problems.

That too.  With regard to 'boiling hot coffee,'  This is Seattle.  Seattle people have good coffee.  They don't drink 'boiling hot coffee' from McDonalds.....
#non-belief denialist

Offline aleks335

• Not Enough Spare Time
  • I don't have any problem violating my own insights
« Reply #141 on: August 24, 2017, 06:07:18 AM »
Alex Jones buddy and InfoWars contributor Paul Joseph Watson has had all his videos demonetized by YouTube.
Promptly quits YouTube.
I guess he was only in it for the money anyways then....

“I quite realized,” said Columbus
“That the earth was not a rhombus,
But I am a little annoyed
To find it an oblate spheroid.”

Offline drwfishesman

• Frequent Poster
  • Occasional Forum Necromancer
« Reply #142 on: August 24, 2017, 01:38:14 PM »
Alex Jones buddy and InfoWars contributor Paul Joseph Watson has had all his videos demonetized by YouTube.
Promptly quits YouTube.
I guess he was only in it for the money anyways then....

:'( R.I.P. counterculture warrior....
"When one has a limited ability or desire to think, one must fiercely defend the thoughts already had. You never know when the next one will come." Andrew Bridges

Offline stands2reason

• Empiricist, Positivist, Militant Agnostic
« Reply #143 on: August 24, 2017, 06:50:59 PM »
"Unmasking the Antifa - SJW Hysteria" by Millie Weaver "Millenial Millie" at Info Wars:

also posted on the Alex Jones Youtube channel:

(click to show/hide)

Offline stands2reason

« Reply #144 on: August 24, 2017, 07:50:19 PM »
"Liberals Get Violently Triggered At Anti-Trump Rally Over Kekistan Meme" from Jake Lloyd at Info Wars

BTW, the name seems to be a bit of a misnomer; I didn't see any violence in the video.

« Last Edit: August 24, 2017, 07:58:16 PM by stands2reason »

Offline Desert Fox

• Hopeful Non-Theist
    • Kitsune's Web Page
« Reply #145 on: August 27, 2017, 07:36:11 AM »
The headline says all I could say

https://www.mediamatters.org/blog/2017/08/23/joe-arpaio-thanks-conspiracy-theorist-alex-jones-getting-his-story-donald-trump-who-reportedly/217740

Joe Arpaio thanks conspiracy theorist Alex Jones for getting his story to Donald Trump, who is reportedly poised to pardon the former sheriff

Former Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio appeared on conspiracy theorist Alex Jones’ show to thank Jones, his staff, and Roger Stone for influencing President Donald Trump into potentially issuing Arpaio a pardon following his recent criminal conviction.

A U.S. District Court judge convicted Arpaio of criminal contempt of court in July. He faces up to six months in jail for his refusal to comply with a court order that said he could no longer direct the Maricopa County Sheriff's Office to engage in racially discriminatory practices against Latinos. Arpaio was defeated in his re-election bid for a seventh term in November.

CNN.com reported today that “the White House has prepared the paperwork for President Trump to pardon former sheriff Joe Arpaio when he makes the final decision to do so.” During an August 22 rally in Arpaio’s home state of Arizona, Trump suggested a pardon was imminent, telling the crowd, "I’ll make a prediction: I think he’s going to be just fine. Okay? But I won’t do it tonight because I don’t want to cause any controversy. Is that okay? All right? But Sheriff Joe can feel good."
"Give me the storm and tempest of thought and action, rather than the dead calm of ignorance and faith. Banish me from Eden when you will; but first let me eat of the fruit of the tree of knowledge."
— Robert G. Ingersoll

Offline xenu

• Stopped Going Outside
  • Chicago Blackhawks 2010,13,15 Stanley Cup Champion
« Reply #146 on: August 27, 2017, 04:24:16 PM »
So Joe has his pardon but still a conviction on his record correct?
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."
Douglas Adams

Online Harry Black

• International Man of Mystery
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #147 on: August 27, 2017, 04:52:45 PM »
So Joe has his pardon but still a conviction on his record correct?
Does a presidential pardon expunge or erase the conviction for which the pardon was granted?

No.  Expungement is a judicial remedy that is rarely granted by the court and cannot be granted within the Department of Justice or by the President.

https://www.justice.gov/pardon/frequently-asked-questions-concerning-executive-clemency#18

That seems to be correct.

Offline Sawyer

• Well Established
« Reply #148 on: August 27, 2017, 05:28:27 PM »
"Liberals Get Violently Triggered At Anti-Trump Rally Over Kekistan Meme" from Jake Lloyd at Info Wars

BTW, the name seems to be a bit of a misnomer; I didn't see any violence in the video.

(click to show/hide)

I predict in 500 years there will be a new word in the English language, "libtriger".  I also predict it will eventually come to mean something along the lines of "having sensible and normal reaction to an awful situation".

Or maybe "esjadubyootrig".

Offline stands2reason

« Reply #149 on: September 02, 2017, 12:23:58 AM »

(click to show/hide)

I predict in 500 years there will be a new word in the English language, "libtriger".  I also predict it will eventually come to mean something along the lines of "having sensible and normal reaction to an awful situation".

Or maybe "esjadubyootrig".

doubleplusungood