Author Topic: Alex Jones / Info Wars  (Read 27607 times)

Online Desert Fox

• Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
  • Hopeful Non-Theist
    • Kitsune's Web Page
Re: Alex Jones / Info Wars
« Reply #165 on: September 09, 2017, 09:32:25 PM »
What a nice guy Alex Jones is

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/09/some-thug-woman-alex-jones-goes-ballistic-on-young-girl-who-mocked-his-infowars-reporter/

‘Some thug woman!’ Alex Jones goes ballistic on young girl who mocked his Infowars reporter

Conspiracy website Infowars is escalating the site’s ongoing battle with a young girl.

It started when Infowars reporter Owen Shroyer was called, “a f*cking idiot” by the girl as he randomly spoke to passersby in an Austin park.

Shroyer went on to call the girl a “vitriolic, petulant child that has no discipline.”

Now Alex Jones is attacking the girl who dared to question the intelligence of an Infowars reporter.

“On his show today, Alex Jones came to his employee’s defense, saying the girl sounded like ‘John Belushi on PCP’ and ‘acts basically like some thug woman'” Media Matters reported.
"Give me the storm and tempest of thought and action, rather than the dead calm of ignorance and faith. Banish me from Eden when you will; but first let me eat of the fruit of the tree of knowledge."
— Robert G. Ingersoll

Offline Pdb

• Frequent Poster
  • Pessimism of the Intellect, Optimism of the Will
« Reply #166 on: September 10, 2017, 05:07:00 AM »
The young girl was quite rude and yelling - "John Belushi on PCP" is hyperbolic but then that's Alex Jones.

Truth. - No one now dies of fatal truths: there are too many antidotes to them.

Offline DoubleScotchWhiskey

• Not Enough Spare Time
« Reply #167 on: September 10, 2017, 07:51:15 AM »

Online Desert Fox

• Hopeful Non-Theist
    • Kitsune's Web Page
« Reply #168 on: September 10, 2017, 07:53:43 AM »
The young girl was quite rude and yelling - "John Belushi on PCP" is hyperbolic but then that's Alex Jones.

She only called the reporter a fucking idea in not even a particularly loud voice and Alex Jones goes on a fucked up rant and you are defending Alex Jones?
"Give me the storm and tempest of thought and action, rather than the dead calm of ignorance and faith. Banish me from Eden when you will; but first let me eat of the fruit of the tree of knowledge."
— Robert G. Ingersoll

Offline PANTS!

• One leg at a time.
  • What seals? I auditioned for this job.
Now where I come from
We don't let society tell us how it's supposed to be
-Uptown, Prince 👉

The world is on its elbows and knees
It's forgotten the message and worships the creeds

Offline DoubleScotchWhiskey

• Not Enough Spare Time
« Reply #170 on: September 10, 2017, 08:30:46 AM »

http://www.avclub.com/watch-a-kid-call-an-infowars-host-a-fucking-idiot-1801901675?rev=1504800451404

Both sides are pathetic.  Yelling names is called ad-hominem and is not an argument.

Both sides?

Yes.  Neither side makes an argument.  It's just baiting and name calling and yelling.

Online Desert Fox

• Hopeful Non-Theist
    • Kitsune's Web Page
« Reply #171 on: September 10, 2017, 08:36:27 AM »
Yes.  Neither side makes an argument.  It's just baiting and name calling and yelling.

If you are interviewed by somebody you consider an asshole and call them a "Fucking Idiot," do you really expect them to then go on  an extended tirade against you? No, it is blowing a comparatively minor comment way out of proportion.
— Robert G. Ingersoll

Offline SkeptiQueer

• Too Much Spare Time
  • DEEZ NUTZ
« Reply #172 on: September 10, 2017, 09:16:59 AM »

http://www.avclub.com/watch-a-kid-call-an-infowars-host-a-fucking-idiot-1801901675?rev=1504800451404

Both sides are pathetic.  Yelling names is called ad-hominem and is not an argument.

Both sides?

This was not a debate, no argument need be made.
HIISSSSSSSS

Offline Harry Black

• International Man of Mystery
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #173 on: September 10, 2017, 09:44:18 AM »

Both sides?

This was not a debate, no argument need be made.
I would also posit that she was following the principle of charity in assuming he is a fucking idiot as opposed to an amoral media parasite with no respect for the truth or his audience.
Because to work for Alex Jones in such a capacity you must be one or the other.

Offline PANTS!

• One leg at a time.
  • What seals? I auditioned for this job.
« Reply #174 on: September 10, 2017, 10:22:46 AM »

Both sides?

She is not a side.  She is someone who got ambushed, and now she is being censored by right wing media for expressing her opinion. 

Maybe she didn't want to be interviewed, and this guy wouldn't leave her alone.  Who knows what her beef was.  Doesn't matter because she expressed herself, but the right can't have that. 

This both sides bullshit is a thought terminating cliche used to excuse the worst kinds of behavior by Nazis, authoritarians, conspiracy theorists, and ither fringe elements who can not defend their position on its merits.  They can only shit on other poisitons and hope that dumbasses make an erroneous equivalency.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2017, 10:26:43 AM by PANTS! »
Now where I come from
We don't let society tell us how it's supposed to be
-Uptown, Prince 👉

The world is on its elbows and knees
It's forgotten the message and worships the creeds

Offline John Albert

• Too Much Spare Time
« Reply #175 on: September 10, 2017, 06:39:54 PM »
I'm guessing she called him a "fucking idiot" because he addressed her as "young man."

The "both sides" argument is disingenuous. Some ideologies merit nothing more than mockery.

Offline John Albert

• Too Much Spare Time
« Reply #176 on: September 10, 2017, 06:44:23 PM »
This kind of childish nonsense doesn't deserve to be addressed seriously.

This man is the epitome of a "fucking idiot."

Online Desert Fox

• Hopeful Non-Theist
    • Kitsune's Web Page
« Reply #177 on: September 10, 2017, 07:03:12 PM »
At least that is a "Back Away Slowly" situation
Edit: I am responding to Alex Jones' impressions here not the girl. 
« Last Edit: September 10, 2017, 08:50:02 PM by Desert Fox »
— Robert G. Ingersoll

Offline aleks335

• Not Enough Spare Time
  • I don't have any problem violating my own insights
« Reply #178 on: September 10, 2017, 07:58:32 PM »
Oh come on, she is a kid.   
It is completely unacetable for anyone to attack her in any way. InfoWars should either take this with humor, or not release the clip. unleashing the whole fucking alt-right online gang of assholes on a kid is fucking despicable. There is clearly limit to how low these people will go. Fuck them all.

And if you wanna do some "both sides" kind of dance with a 12 year old who gets ambushed by a camera team on the street. the fuck you too you fucking fuck.   
“I quite realized,” said Columbus
“That the earth was not a rhombus,
But I am a little annoyed
To find it an oblate spheroid.”

Offline Jeremy's Sea

• Kintsukuroi, baby.
  • Stopped Going Outside
  • 667 - Neighbor of the beast.
« Reply #179 on: September 10, 2017, 08:52:05 PM »

Oh boy you're going to be fun to have around here...
I see why the alt-right is so anti-women now though.
Knowledge is power. France is bacon.

personate-rain
personate-rain