Author Topic: Alex Jones / Info Wars  (Read 27595 times)

Offline Pdb

• Frequent Poster
  • Pessimism of the Intellect, Optimism of the Will
Re: Alex Jones / Info Wars
« Reply #195 on: September 13, 2017, 11:39:14 PM »
Dude! She is a kid. You can't seriously think what AJ and InfoWars did here was okay?

She was greeted and then swore at and flipped off the reporter.

I understand why people don't want to talk to AJ because of fear of being taken out of context but that fear is unfounded, AJ puts up hours of footage and very rarely edits interviews.

Reporters have the right to ask protestors questions or even people walking near a protest to get their opinion. AJ is trying to engage with the protestors in good faith, you may diagree with some of his views but his reporter here was polite and appropriate.
Truth. - No one now dies of fatal truths: there are too many antidotes to them.

Offline Desert Fox

• Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
  • Hopeful Non-Theist
    • Kitsune's Web Page
« Reply #196 on: September 14, 2017, 12:13:14 AM »
Why are kids at protests anyway?

Because they will inherit the Earth after us if conservatives don't succeed in making it uninhabitable.
"Give me the storm and tempest of thought and action, rather than the dead calm of ignorance and faith. Banish me from Eden when you will; but first let me eat of the fruit of the tree of knowledge."
— Robert G. Ingersoll

Offline PANTS!

• One leg at a time.
  • What seals? I auditioned for this job.
« Reply #197 on: September 14, 2017, 10:37:45 AM »
I love how all the Conspiracy Nutters are all bothered about a thing that's not even happening.

Par for the course I guess.

"If someone is at a protest, then I don't see why they can't be asked a question."

No one is saying that he doesn't have the right to ask her questions.  Calling Jones a bully and irresponsible asshole for trying to make her response go viral is not saying he doesn't have the right to ask questions. 
Now where I come from
We don't let society tell us how it's supposed to be
-Uptown, Prince 👉

The world is on its elbows and knees
It's forgotten the message and worships the creeds

Offline Jeremy's Sea

• Kintsukuroi, baby.
  • Stopped Going Outside
  • 667 - Neighbor of the beast.
« Reply #198 on: September 14, 2017, 01:42:56 PM »
Dude! She is a kid. You can't seriously think what AJ and InfoWars did here was okay?

I understand why people don't want to talk to AJ because of fear of being taken out of context but that fear is unfounded, AJ puts up hours of footage and very rarely edits interviews.

Reporters have the right to ask protestors questions or even people walking near a protest to get their opinion. AJ is trying to engage with the protestors in good faith, you may diagree with some of his views but his reporter here was polite and appropriate.
Your concern trolling works better when you actually pay attention. It was more about his snowflake response. The alt-right would crumble without their victimhood status.
Knowledge is power. France is bacon.

Offline aleks335

• Not Enough Spare Time
  • I don't have any problem violating my own insights
« Reply #199 on: September 14, 2017, 03:54:36 PM »

Ill take that as a no.
You, and the people like you are morally and ethically corrupted.
ill keep that in mind.
“I quite realized,” said Columbus
“That the earth was not a rhombus,
But I am a little annoyed
To find it an oblate spheroid.”

Offline werecow

• Cryptobovinologist
  • Stopped Going Outside
  • mooh
« Reply #200 on: September 14, 2017, 06:51:56 PM »

You have a tendency to leave out key bits of information in this thread. Like how she was greeted as a little boy. Given that she's obviously a girl, I think calling him a fucking idiot is pretty much right on the money. Flipping him off was just a bonus. AJ then whining about it would mostly just be hilarious if it wasn't for the fact that there are some ridiculous creatures out there who actually take him seriously.
Mooohn!

Offline Desert Fox

• Hopeful Non-Theist
    • Kitsune's Web Page
« Reply #201 on: September 14, 2017, 07:07:14 PM »

You have a tendency to leave out key bits of information in this thread. Like how she was greeted as a little boy. Given that she's obviously a girl, I think calling him a fucking idiot is pretty much right on the money. Flipping him off was just a bonus. AJ then whining about it would mostly just be hilarious if it wasn't for the fact that there are some ridiculous creatures out there who actually take him seriously.

Like Donald Trump?
"Give me the storm and tempest of thought and action, rather than the dead calm of ignorance and faith. Banish me from Eden when you will; but first let me eat of the fruit of the tree of knowledge."
— Robert G. Ingersoll

Online John Albert

• Too Much Spare Time
« Reply #202 on: September 14, 2017, 07:16:16 PM »
Reporters have a right to go out on the street and try to strike up conversations with random people, and those people also have the right to tell the reporters to fuck off.  See how that works? It's a quite an elegant system.

And yes, our own president is known to take the rantings of professional frothy conspiracy mongers at face value. I remember thinking it outrageous when the Reagans retained a fortune teller as a personal advisor, but this is something else entirely.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 07:22:35 PM by John Albert »

Offline xenu

• Stopped Going Outside
  • Chicago Blackhawks 2010,13,15 Stanley Cup Champion
« Reply #203 on: September 15, 2017, 12:20:58 AM »

........I remember thinking it outrageous when the Reagans retained a fortune teller as a personal advisor, but this is something else entirely.

Ahh simpler times
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."
Douglas Adams

Offline Oh Henry

• Keeps Priorities Straight
« Reply #204 on: October 31, 2017, 11:41:43 AM »
High Lead Levels Found in Two InfoWars Supplements

https://gizmodo.com/drink-up-high-lead-levels-found-in-two-infowars-supple-1819630985

Which came first... the crazy, or the drinking of lead?
"My father considered a walk among the mountains as the equivalent of churchgoing." ~ Aldous Huxley

Online John Albert

• Too Much Spare Time
« Reply #205 on: October 31, 2017, 11:42:46 AM »
High Lead Levels Found in Two InfoWars Supplements

https://gizmodo.com/drink-up-high-lead-levels-found-in-two-infowars-supple-1819630985

Which came first... the crazy, or the drinking of lead?

Lead is fine. It's the fluoride you really have to watch.

Offline Jeremy's Sea

• Kintsukuroi, baby.
  • Stopped Going Outside
« Reply #206 on: October 31, 2017, 01:21:07 PM »
As soon as I read this:
According to the CEH, which purchased the samples tested directly from the InfoWars online shop, “People who take the Myco-ZX product would ingest more than six times the daily limit for lead under California law.” Those taking Caveman True Paleo would ingest twice the Californian daily lead limit.

I saw this coming:
Since publication of the CEH study showing potentially dangerous levels of lead in two of the company’s supplements, it seems Infowars has taken the liberty of deleting the articles we linked to which showed Infowars had relied on CEH’s findings in the past as a basis for articles. (We’ve replaced those broken links with cached versions.)

Both links now redirect to an explanatory post on the nature of California’s Prop 65 warnings—with a considerable amount of (typo-riddled) text devoted to explaining the proposition’s harsh restrictions on lead contamination:

The Proposition 65 limit of 0.5 mcg / day for lead is far below the amount of lead found naturally in the ingredients and food around you that growns (sic) on clean, non-contaminated soils. Various countries and safety organizations have reviewed known studies and science to produce guidelines on the levels of heavy metals that can be consumed dailiy (sic) without causing harm that take that fact into account.

Online John Albert

• Too Much Spare Time
HAPPY HALLOWEEN!
« Reply #207 on: October 31, 2017, 09:21:34 PM »

Offline Pdb

• Frequent Poster
  • Pessimism of the Intellect, Optimism of the Will
« Reply #208 on: October 31, 2017, 10:44:22 PM »
Alex Jones has predicted Hollywood coverup of pedophiles for years, as can be seen by the Kevin Spacey situation:

https://www.infowars.com/as-we-predicted-mainstream-media-trying-to-normalize-pedophilia/
Truth. - No one now dies of fatal truths: there are too many antidotes to them.

Offline Jeremy's Sea

• Kintsukuroi, baby.
  • Stopped Going Outside
« Reply #209 on: November 01, 2017, 01:33:47 AM »
Alex Jones has predicted Hollywood coverup of pedophiles for years, as can be seen by the Kevin Spacey situation:

https://www.infowars.com/as-we-predicted-mainstream-media-trying-to-normalize-pedophilia/
you are seriously retarded

personate-rain
personate-rain