Author Topic: Alex Jones / Info Wars  (Read 27631 times)

Offline Pdb

• Frequent Poster
  • Pessimism of the Intellect, Optimism of the Will
Re: Alex Jones / Info Wars
« Reply #240 on: December 07, 2017, 12:05:36 AM »
Would you buy his nutrimetics if there were a few million more viewers?

Are you accustom to dealing with people who find shit like this persuasive?

The idea that a few extra views would have any impact makes me think that anyone that believes that argument really doesn't want to engage with the subject matter rather than having a principled objection to viewing a video. If you are that concerned, all of the more unhinged statements are on Right Wing Watch:

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/post/alex-jones-compares-morning-joe-hosts-to-demons-impersonates-a-demonic-mika-brzezinski/
Alex Jones, the nutritional supplement salesman who created Infowars, compared the hosts of MSNBC’s “Morning Joe” to demonic aliens in the Netflix series “Stranger Things” and performed a demonic impression of co-host Mika Brzezinski.

Today, Jones said that co-hosts Brzezinski and Joe Scarborough were “parasites” who “will be removed” once Jones and his followers save America from the globalists.

“They’re both like horrible foot-long tapeworms, man. I’m telling you. Tapeworms that we vomited out and crapped out and they’re just trying to force-feed themselves back into our lives. They’re like gonorrhea or syphilis, I mean they are just—they’re like HIV. They’re like cancer. They are just—I mean you have to understand, folks, they literally want to destroy you,” Jones said. ”God, they’re evil. Do you realize how evil these people are?”

He then homed in on Brzezinski, claiming that people who have been at dinner parties with the duo have told him “she is just so evil and so into herself like her evil father that she just sits there and goes—“

Jones then interrupted himself and performed a demonic impression on Brzezinski, sticking out his tongue and rolling the eyes into the back of his head, making gargling noises and convulsing.

“They’re like from upside-down world, folks. You have to understand. They’ve broken into this dimension. They want to destroy us,” Jones said.

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/post/alex-jones-impersonates-a-liberal-lesbian-brain-eating-dominatrix/
“Most of these butch lesbians, they want to be the guy smacking the hot chick around. They think that’s manly. And a lot of the chicks, they like it, see, because no man will do that to them, and I’m not saying it’s good if a man does that, but some women like it. And if they can’t find a man to smack them around, well they found them a girl gonna do it real good—knock them upside their head and have ‘50 Shades of Grey’ about the sexy rich guy that’s going to chain you up,” Jones said.

Jones then proceeded to describe what happens after a liberal lesbian dominatrix chains someone up.

“Of course, you’re gonna go get chained up one time. They’re gonna put that devil mask or that piggy mask on. They’re gonna say, ‘Now I’m gonna torture you for about six weeks, so start begging for your mommy and your daddy.’ That’s the liberals. They want to get you in a dungeon. They want to strap you down and take a buzz saw and cut the top of your head off like a pumpkin and pull it off and get a little spoon and go, when you’re looking in the mirror—this is one thing I know they like to do—they go ‘I’m going to eat your brain now.’”

Jones then devolved into an impression of his imagined liberal lesbian dominatrix torturing a captor that is difficult to explain.

“Let’s start at the side areas here, because we don’t want to take away your sight at the back or your thinking in the front. I’m gonna eat your cerebral cortex last,” Jones said, beginning to scream in his studio.

“I’ve got power. I love Satan,” Jones yelled, growing louder and louder. “And I’m gonna suck you dry and I’m going to torture you to death. And you’re going to follow my liberal orders, and you’re going to talk like I talk, and you’re going to be guilty when I say you’re guilty. And you’re gonna bow to me.”

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/post/alex-jones-trump-has-publicly-addressed-information-ive-given-him-word-for-word/
“I have personally witnessed it at least five or six times, where I’ve directly told the president about something, he says, ‘I’ve written it down. I’m going to look into it. Are you sure that’s right, Alex?’ and I’m like, ‘Yes sir.’ And then days later, word-for-word, he researches it, he comes out, and he addresses it,” Jones said.
Truth. - No one now dies of fatal truths: there are too many antidotes to them.

Offline Soldier of FORTRAN

• Reef Tank Owner
  • Cache rules everything around me.
« Reply #241 on: December 07, 2017, 12:17:09 AM »
Is this what you think we do? 
If global warming is real then how come I just felt this chill down my spine?

Offline John Albert

• Too Much Spare Time
« Reply #242 on: December 07, 2017, 05:38:31 AM »
The last video was from Secular Talk which is part of the TYT network - so it is unlikely they are connected in anyway. Unless you really believe that Alex Jones is staged opposition.

I'm not a fan of TYT but I don't really mind feeding them the clicks, as opposed to Alex Jones.

Offline SkeptiQueer

• Too Much Spare Time
  • DEEZ NUTZ
« Reply #243 on: December 07, 2017, 06:41:21 AM »
The last video was from Secular Talk which is part of the TYT network - so it is unlikely they are connected in anyway. Unless you really believe that Alex Jones is staged opposition.

I'm not a fan of TYT but I don't really mind feeding them the clicks, as opposed to Alex Jones.
Am I an idiot? I can't tell where a video was published, whether it's YouTube monetized, or even see the title until I click it and the YouTube app opens. That's (I'm) why a lot of the real nuts and toxic trolls have switched from webpages that can be archived and accessed without increasing the ad profile to videos. Also means you have to watch it several times to do any debunking, and no sources need to be given.

In short unless someone comes asking for a thing to be debunked in earnest, I don't think you can do an effective refutation of video like you could back in the days of GeoCities.
HIISSSSSSSS

Offline Desert Fox

• Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
  • Hopeful Non-Theist
    • Kitsune's Web Page
« Reply #244 on: December 07, 2017, 05:17:38 PM »
I do wonder if it might be best to see if we can get Alex Jones committed  :P
"Give me the storm and tempest of thought and action, rather than the dead calm of ignorance and faith. Banish me from Eden when you will; but first let me eat of the fruit of the tree of knowledge."
— Robert G. Ingersoll

Offline Harry Black

• International Man of Mystery
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #245 on: December 07, 2017, 05:39:24 PM »
He's got to be due a heart attack soon right?

Offline Pdb

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #246 on: December 07, 2017, 05:56:42 PM »
He's got to be due a heart attack soon right?

Alex Jones thinks that Andrew Breitbart’s heart attack was foul play. If a similar event happens to Jones it will energise the conservative base.

Offline stands2reason

• Empiricist, Positivist, Militant Agnostic
« Reply #247 on: December 08, 2017, 11:57:37 PM »
Jones's conspiracy are mostly related to NWO and the shadow corporations & government. Exaggeration seems to be part of his persona. If his conspiracy were real in the most extreme sense, then one might expect a conspiracy theorist with mainstream visibility that is a puppet of the system. From that angle, it's hard to accept that he is a true believer. I get the feeling that he doesn't believe exactly what he says, but exaggerates something. And this is mixed with prediction/prognostication, which blurs the line between a statement about how things are versus predictions.

He had some colorful things to say about the EU in one of his anti-globalism rants:

"After Germany Prepares For EU Collapse, Alex Jones Predicts The European Union Will Dissolve By 2022"

This is the article shown at the beginning of the video: (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/11/06/german-army-plans-break-european-union-war-game-scenario/)

Dan Carlin explored this topic in his episode "A Bodyguard of Lies" (http://www.dancarlin.com/product/common-sense-309-a-bodyguard-of-lies/) To paraphrase Dan: Conspiracy theorists are themselves a conspiracy. One person's mainstream commentary is another person's fringe conspiracy. We don't have a common set of facts. It's not just we aren't on the same page, we not even in the same book.

Offline wastrel

• Great poster... or greatest poster?
  • Technical Administrator
  • Science: A cold-hearted bitch with a 14" strap-on
« Reply #248 on: December 11, 2017, 12:12:53 AM »
Hard hitting journalism. Skip to 1:45

Offline Pdb

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #249 on: December 11, 2017, 12:46:28 AM »

Links the CIA to Facebook, Amazon, Google and Microsoft. Then states that IBM was part of a british conspiracy to bring about nazism to create the establishment of the UN to create a world government based on spying and the internet to have implants on the hand and forehead to fulfil a biblical prophecy.

I quite like Alex Jones but this is obviously a stretch to put it mildly. The most objectionable part of his thinking is that Alex Jones usually talks about private innovation and if that conspiracy theory were true then it gives the government even more credit for private innovation.

Offline Harry Black

• International Man of Mystery
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #250 on: December 11, 2017, 03:47:32 AM »

Is that a video posted by Jones or a supporter?

Offline John Albert

• Too Much Spare Time
« Reply #251 on: December 11, 2017, 06:22:27 AM »
I quite like Alex Jones but this is obviously a stretch to put it mildly.

Offline Pdb

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #252 on: December 11, 2017, 06:32:38 AM »

Offline Jeremy's Sea

• Kintsukuroi, baby.
  • Stopped Going Outside
  • 667 - Neighbor of the beast.
« Reply #253 on: December 11, 2017, 11:31:15 AM »
I thought an international Jewish banking cabal was the grand conspiracy, but now it's a Nazi consortium in technology?

That talking thumb can't even keep his own crazy shit straight.
Knowledge is power. France is bacon.

Offline werecow

• Cryptobovinologist
  • Stopped Going Outside
  • mooh
« Reply #254 on: December 11, 2017, 12:20:48 PM »

I'll do you one better and skip all the way to 6:40!
Mooohn!

personate-rain