Author Topic: Alex Jones / Info Wars  (Read 27852 times)

Offline Jeremy's Sea

• Kintsukuroi, baby.
  • Stopped Going Outside
  • 667 - Neighbor of the beast.
Re: Alex Jones / Info Wars
« Reply #255 on: December 11, 2017, 01:54:58 PM »
You have to give him credit though, he may be the first "journalist" to ever interview Alexa and be outsmarted by it.
Knowledge is power. France is bacon.

Offline stands2reason

• Empiricist, Positivist, Militant Agnostic
  • Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
« Reply #256 on: December 12, 2017, 05:20:03 PM »

Offline Pdb

• Frequent Poster
  • Pessimism of the Intellect, Optimism of the Will
« Reply #257 on: December 12, 2017, 06:31:35 PM »
They're turning the freaking frogs gay (and transgender)!

http://discovermagazine.com/2003/feb/featfrogs

Hayes published his first set of findings last April, in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences. He published the second set in October, in Nature. Both times the media went a little crazy. The two studies showed equally dramatic results: 40 percent of male frogs were feminized; 80 percent had diminished larynxes. Wild frogs collected from areas with atrazine showed the same number of abnormalities. Could the chemical also affect humans? The beginning of an answer may be emerging. Workers at a Louisiana plant where atrazine is manufactured are now suing their employer, saying they were nine times as likely to get prostate cancer as the average Louisianan.
Truth. - No one now dies of fatal truths: there are too many antidotes to them.

Offline Desert Fox

• Hopeful Non-Theist
    • Kitsune's Web Page
« Reply #258 on: January 25, 2018, 03:11:05 AM »
Alex Jones seems to be going beyond full crazy
http://www.rightwingwatch.org/post/alex-jones-media-will-soon-claim-trump-rapes-and-eats-haitian-babies/

Alex Jones, the shock jock conspiracy theorist leader of Infowars, told listeners that the media fabricated reports that Trump made racist remarks about immigrants in order to distract from right-wing activist James O’Keefe’s latest video releases and predicted that the media would soon claim that Trump rapes and eats Haitian babies.

Today on “The Alex Jones Show,” Jones attempted to discredit reports that Trump asked why “people from shithole countries” are allowed to come to America while discussing federal protections for immigrants from African, Caribbean and Latin American countries, calling it “a fake story.” The real story, Jones claimed, is the release of videos that contain secretly filmed and selectively edited footage of Twitter employees talking about “shadow banning,” a feature on most social media websites that allows moderators to place users in an isolated state without notifying them.

“This is key in crisis management. To cover up a real story, you use a fake story. And this is the mother of distractions. The M.O.A.B. is the mother of bombs—that’s conventional. This is the M.O.A.B. of distractions,” Jones said.

Jones continued, “And they build it. And then you’ll hear more quotes. ‘Yeah, he said he rapes Haitian babies. Yeah he eats them. Yeah, well we just keep hearing about Haitians. It must be true.’”
"Give me the storm and tempest of thought and action, rather than the dead calm of ignorance and faith. Banish me from Eden when you will; but first let me eat of the fruit of the tree of knowledge."
— Robert G. Ingersoll

Offline Igor SMC

• Keeps Priorities Straight
« Reply #259 on: January 30, 2018, 04:41:07 PM »
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable"

Offline Jeremy's Sea

• Kintsukuroi, baby.
  • Stopped Going Outside
  • 667 - Neighbor of the beast.
« Reply #260 on: January 30, 2018, 05:07:09 PM »
There are just too many things to make fun of I don't even know where to start
Knowledge is power. France is bacon.

Offline stands2reason

• Empiricist, Positivist, Militant Agnostic

Offline Desert Fox

• Hopeful Non-Theist
    • Kitsune's Web Page
« Reply #262 on: March 04, 2018, 02:19:31 PM »
"Give me the storm and tempest of thought and action, rather than the dead calm of ignorance and faith. Banish me from Eden when you will; but first let me eat of the fruit of the tree of knowledge."
— Robert G. Ingersoll

Offline Billzbub

• Stopped Going Outside
  • I know you know I know
« Reply #263 on: March 14, 2018, 01:33:36 PM »
And for defamation:  https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/posteverything/wp/2018/03/14/alex-jones-is-a-menace-to-society-im-suing-him/

This guy's life is all screwed up because of Alex Jones.  I hope he wins.  Pdb, what do you think about this?
Quote from: Steven Novella
gleefully altering one’s beliefs to accommodate new information should be a badge of honor

Offline Pdb

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #264 on: March 14, 2018, 04:42:36 PM »
And for defamation:  https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/posteverything/wp/2018/03/14/alex-jones-is-a-menace-to-society-im-suing-him/

This guy's life is all screwed up because of Alex Jones.  I hope he wins.  Pdb, what do you think about this?

According to the article it was a number of news outlets that pushed the deep state angle. Making up stories and targeting individuals without evidence is terrible and Alex Jones shouldn’t do it. From the quotes provided in the article it would be hard to identify the witness:

From Infowars: “They had known CIA and State Department officials in Charlottesville, first tweeting, first being on MSNBC, CNN, NBC. The mayor is involved. Everybody is a cut-out.”

Also from Infowars: “One guy is paid 320 thousand a year on the payroll of Soros. He doesn’t just get money from Soros, he personally is paid 320 a year, and then he is there — CIA, State Department — and he is on the news.”

Is he “one guy”? Even the “mayor is involved” is intentionally vague. Jones has been running his mouth off for years and I doubt this lawsuit will be successful. Should Jones state opinions as facts and smear people? Absolutely not.

Offline drwfishesman

• Frequent Poster
  • Occasional Forum Necromancer
« Reply #265 on: March 14, 2018, 08:42:46 PM »

According to the article it was a number of news outlets that pushed the deep state angle. Making up stories and targeting individuals without evidence is terrible and Alex Jones shouldn’t do it. From the quotes provided in the article it would be hard to identify the witness:

From Infowars: “They had known CIA and State Department officials in Charlottesville, first tweeting, first being on MSNBC, CNN, NBC. The mayor is involved. Everybody is a cut-out.”

Also from Infowars: “One guy is paid 320 thousand a year on the payroll of Soros. He doesn’t just get money from Soros, he personally is paid 320 a year, and then he is there — CIA, State Department — and he is on the news.”

Is he “one guy”? Even the “mayor is involved” is intentionally vague. Jones has been running his mouth off for years and I doubt this lawsuit will be successful. Should Jones state opinions as facts and smear people? Absolutely not.

Yeah, Gilmore's got some great lawyers, I'm going to call it and say Jones is boned on this one.
"When one has a limited ability or desire to think, one must fiercely defend the thoughts already had. You never know when the next one will come." Andrew Bridges

Offline Pdb

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #266 on: March 17, 2018, 04:58:03 AM »
Yeah, Gilmore's got some great lawyers, I'm going to call it and say Jones is boned on this one.

This is a fascinating case and I think Alex Jones will be able to justify all allegations (although most are likely false, he will be able to justify that there was a public interest in the discussion):
http://www.law.georgetown.edu/news/upload/gilmore-complaint.pdf

Brennan was chief of staff of Tom Perriello and apparently has some Arab-Apalachian band:
https://www.facebook.com/TomPerriello/posts/10155464686730400

The rest of the allegations were just discussing Gilmore's association with Democratic politics and work as a foreign service officer in central Africa:
http://augustafreepress.com/tom-perriello-announces-staff-gubernatorial-campaign/
Chief of Staff – Brennan Gilmore
A Lexington, Va., native and UVA graduate, Brennan will serve as the campaign’s chief of staff, advising Tom on strategy and planning. A career Foreign Service Officer, Brennan previously served in diplomatic posts across Africa and in the State Department in Washington, before being Tom’s top aide as U.S. Envoy to the African Great Lakes Region. He is also an accomplished bluegrass musician.

Perrillo received $385,000 from George Soros and Gilmore as chief of staff would have been involved in the transfer so "received money from Soros" will be hard to sue for libel.
https://edition.cnn.com/2017/05/30/politics/virginia-governor-primary-democrats-battle/index.html
Free from the confines of the traditional campaign, Perriello has run an unconventional race, embracing the endorsement of liberal leaders from outside Virginia, holding a rally with Sanders, touting endorsements from former Clinton top aide John Podesta and Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren as well as raking in funding from sources outside the commonwealth.

To date, Perriello has raised 51% of his more than $2 million in fundraising dollars from donors who do not live in the state. He has cashed big checks from figures like liberal activist George Soros and his family. All told, Perriello has raised more than $385,000 from people with the last name Soros. By comparison, 91% of Northam's more than $3 million in campaign cash comes from donors inside Virginia.
"It's the kind of thing that just a few years ago in Virginia would've beaten a Democrat," said Sabato.
Perriello is tapping into the angst over the Trump administration that is fueling Democratic enthusiasm in unprecedented ways. While he is not shying away from Virginia specific issues, he is also emphasizing topics like the battle over Obamacare (his campaign ad featuring an ambulance being crushed has reached viral status with more than 400,000 views on YouTube), the Trump administration's travel ban and the controversy over Russia's alleged meddling in the US election.

This is Alex Jones' bread and butter. If he actually appears in court to discuss Soros funded operatives with connections to Hillary Clinton and Podesta, he will be able to get YEARS of content out of the experience and my prediction is that Gilmore will end up paying Jones' legal costs. Alex Jones is laughing all the way to the bank. This reminds of the case that sentenced Oscar Wilde to hard labour (Gilmore is Wilde and Jones is the Marquess of Queensury).
« Last Edit: March 17, 2018, 05:02:12 AM by Pdb »

Offline drwfishesman

• Frequent Poster
  • Occasional Forum Necromancer
« Reply #267 on: March 22, 2018, 12:08:42 PM »
I anxiously wait for the outcome.
"When one has a limited ability or desire to think, one must fiercely defend the thoughts already had. You never know when the next one will come." Andrew Bridges

Offline Desert Fox

• Hopeful Non-Theist
    • Kitsune's Web Page
« Reply #268 on: April 17, 2018, 03:23:38 PM »
May the walls come tumbling down

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/sandy-hook-parents-sue-infowars%E2%80%99-conspiracy-theorist-alex-jones-for-defamation/ar-AAvZ7bn

Sandy Hook parents sue InfoWars’ conspiracy theorist Alex Jones for defamation

AUSTIN, Texas - The parents of two children killed in the 2012 Sandy Hook school massacre have sued conspiracy theorist Alex Jones for defamation, accusing him and his website InfoWars of engaging in a campaign of "false, cruel, and dangerous assertions."

The two lawsuits filed on Monday in Travis County, Texas, where Jones resides, are likely the first defamation cases concerning Sandy Hook brought against Jones, who has called the shooting a hoax, said Mark Bankston, a Houston-based lawyer for the parents.

The parents decided to sue more than five years after the attacks because they had concluded Jones has no intention of leaving them alone, Bankston said.

"He needs to held accountable," Bankston said in a phone interview. "The strategy of ignoring him didn't work, He didn't go away."

Jones and a lawyer for him named in the lawsuits did not respond to requests to comment. Jones' InfoWars media site and affiliated Free Speech Systems were also named as defendants.

— Robert G. Ingersoll

Offline arthwollipot

• Reef Tank Owner
  • Observer of Phenomena
« Reply #269 on: April 17, 2018, 04:27:29 PM »
He's got enough money to settle that without blinking.
Self-described nerd. Pronouns: He/Him.

Tarvek: There's more to being an evil despot than getting cake whenever you want it.
Agatha: If that's what you think, then you're DOING IT WRONG!

personate-rain
personate-rain