Author Topic: I've added "the best of Coast to Coast AM" to my podcast list.  (Read 2700 times)

Offline John Albert

• Too Much Spare Time
Re: I've added "the best of Coast to Coast AM" to my podcast list.
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2017, 07:48:57 PM »
Interesting how giants seems to cross cultures.

Offline Beleth

• Administrator Emeritus
  • Reef Tank Owner
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2017, 09:35:34 PM »
I used to use Coast To Coast AM to keep me awake on a routine 6-hour drive I'd make at night. I'd end up at my destination angry but alive.

Actually, C2CAM was my stepping-stone into the skeptical community. I heard one topic (reverse speech) that I couldn't just dismiss, so I did some Googling and noticed that James Randi had mentioned it in one of his Swift articles. His debunking was not persuasive, so I joined the forum to ask the members. And the rest is history.
I expect to pass through this world but once;
any good thing therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now;
let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.
-- Stephan Grellet

Offline Ah.hell

• Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2019, 04:29:52 PM »
Listening to an episode with an anti-vaxer.  He's complaining how anti-vaxers are vilified minutes after he suggested Bill Gates is pro-vax because he thinks the world would be better with only 800k people. 

His still thinks vaccines cause autism, according to the hose, not all kids who get vaccinated are autistic but all autistic kids got vaccinated. 

Offline daniel1948

• Happy Man in a Boat
  • Reef Tank Owner
  • I'd rather be paddling
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2019, 05:47:15 PM »
Today's clip was likely fake caller pretending he thought the host was on the pay of nefarious forces in Canada and upset at the Women's Day protests because his own wife left him.  I wish longer segments were available for free.

I'm reminded of some of the "famous" hoax callers, the guy with the mysterious bottomless hole on his ranch and the called up pretending to be a government employee describing his work but was actually describing a scene from a horror video game. 

I read a wonderful short story a long time ago, about a park ranger who discovers a bottomless sink hole in the park that opens up any time someone jumps up and down in a certain spot. So he lures poachers there, gets them to jump, and they are swallowed up. Maybe the bottomless hole guy read the same story.
Daniel
----------------
"Anyone who has ever looked into the glazed eyes of a soldier dying on the battlefield will think long and hard before starting a war."
-- Otto von Bismarck

Offline John Albert

• Too Much Spare Time
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2019, 12:47:17 PM »
I'm feeling pretty certain that my 30-year-old memories of the Coast to Coast AM with Art Bell are a lot better than the actual show itself was. I'm almost loathe to listen to the "Best of..." podcast for fear of shattering the nostalgia.

Offline Ah.hell

• Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2019, 01:59:39 PM »
I'm feeling pretty certain that my 30-year-old memories of the Coast to Coast AM with Art Bell are a lot better than the actual show itself was. I'm almost loathe to listen to the "Best of..." podcast for fear of shattering the nostalgia.
The best of podcast is just an add for the premium version.  They play about 5 or 10 minutes from a recent interview and then tell you to pay for the full version.  I'm not going to do that but I will listen to 5 or 10 minutes. 

The new host is very like Art Bell in that he will listen to two consecutive guests and appear to agree with each of them despite their mutually exclusive crack pot ideas.   

personate-rain
personate-rain