Author Topic: Wireless Mouse / Keyboard question?  (Read 673 times)

Online Desert Fox

• Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
  • Hopeful Non-Theist
    • Kitsune's Web Page
Wireless Mouse / Keyboard question?
« on: March 22, 2017, 12:34:10 PM »
I have a Logitech K400 Keyboard I used for my TV server computer
I am thinking about replacing my wired mouse for my desktop with a gaming mouse.
I have been looking at maybe a Logitech M705 for my desktop. It is the same mouse I use for my laptop and has worked well.
My concern is that the two wireless devices interfere with each other since my main desktop and my TV server are right next to each other.
Is it an issue? Any suggestions if it will?
"Give me the storm and tempest of thought and action, rather than the dead calm of ignorance and faith. Banish me from Eden when you will; but first let me eat of the fruit of the tree of knowledge."
— Robert G. Ingersoll

Offline Simon Jester

• Well Established
Re: Wireless Mouse / Keyboard question?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2017, 01:38:40 PM »
It would depend on the kind of gaming you do. I would not want to loose response time with a wireless mouse when playing certain games.  Most high end gaming mice are wired for this reason. I also would not consider anything Logitech makes to be decent in the gaming arena.  A decent gaming Teflon mouse pad could also be needed.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

“Don't explain computers to laymen. Simpler to explain sex to a virgin.”
― Robert A. Heinlein, The Moon is a Harsh Mistress

Offline Simon Jester

• Well Established
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2017, 01:42:06 PM »
BTW i carry a k400 on my hip holster when working on set. Sometimes one on each side for duel action. LOL it's one of the best wireless keyboards of that type. Just not good for gaming.

Offline Drunken Idaho

• Natural Blonde
  • Reef Tank Owner
  • Comrade Questions
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2017, 01:52:43 PM »
I don't game, so I'm no worried about the performance issues of which Simon spoke--but I've used a Logitech K400 alongside a Logitech M570 for years with no issues--they both sync with the same Logitech software.
Strange women lying in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government.

Online Desert Fox

• Hopeful Non-Theist
    • Kitsune's Web Page
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2017, 02:10:40 PM »
Err, did anybody actually read what I wrote?
One computer uses a Logitech wireless keyboard
I want to use a second Logitech wireless device (a mouse) in a second computer that sits next to the first.
"Give me the storm and tempest of thought and action, rather than the dead calm of ignorance and faith. Banish me from Eden when you will; but first let me eat of the fruit of the tree of knowledge."
— Robert G. Ingersoll

Offline Noisy Rhysling

• Frequent Poster
    • Hyperwar, WWII in Hypertext.
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2017, 02:13:39 PM »
I want to use a second Logitech wireless device (a mouse) in a second computer that sits next to the first.
Unifying will sort things out.
"Sunday's horoscope is note worthy because of its strange, sudden and wholly unpredictable and inexplicable occurrences, affecting all phases of life." Your Horoscope" L.A. Evening Herald Express, Sat, 12/06/41

Offline Ah.hell

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2017, 03:15:01 PM »
That.  If you set it up right, you the logitech input device will only work with one bluetooth receiver. 

Edit, I understand unifying to mean using logitech's software to pair the devices with the receiver.

Offline Simon Jester

• Well Established
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2017, 03:48:31 PM »
I read that. No problem with unifying. Problem with lag while gaming regardless of unifying . Logitech not the​ best choice of mouse for games.

Offline Noisy Rhysling

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2017, 07:03:16 AM »
That.  If you set it up right, you the logitech input device will only work with one bluetooth receiver. 

Edit, I understand unifying to mean using logitech's software to pair the devices with the receiver.
Yep. I have two computers on my desk, PC and laptop. Both have M570 mice attached to them, both have Logitech wireless keyboards. Never a problem over the years. The pairing is specific to that device and that accessory.
"Sunday's horoscope is note worthy because of its strange, sudden and wholly unpredictable and inexplicable occurrences, affecting all phases of life." Your Horoscope" L.A. Evening Herald Express, Sat, 12/06/41

Online Desert Fox

• Hopeful Non-Theist
    • Kitsune's Web Page
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2017, 02:18:10 PM »
Nothing interferes with anything so all appears good . . . .Just was a concern.
— Robert G. Ingersoll

Offline Noisy Rhysling

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2017, 03:29:34 PM »
Nothing interferes with anything so all appears good . . . .Just was a concern.
You mean you didn't yell "BANZAI!!!!!" and just dive in like an idiot?

personate-rain