Author Topic: Justice League (2017)  (Read 807 times)

Offline Ambious

• Frequent Poster
  • Up the Irons!
Justice League (2017)
« on: March 25, 2017, 12:10:04 PM »
The first official full-length trailer is here!!!!
Time for some HYPE:

"Teach thy tongue to say “I do not know”, and thous shalt progress."
–Maimonides

Offline Rai

• PIZZASAURUS
  • Global Moderator
  • Stopped Going Outside
Re: Justice League (2017)
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2017, 01:07:47 PM »
How nice yhat everyone is in full body armour, except Wonder Woman and her miniskirt+boobplate.

Stay classy, DC

Offline Ambious

• Frequent Poster
  • Up the Irons!
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2017, 01:13:04 PM »
How nice yhat everyone is in full body armour, except Wonder Woman and her miniskirt+boobplate.

Stay classy, DC

Well she's mostly invulnerable.
–Maimonides

Online Paul Blevins Jr.

• Not Enough Spare Time
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2017, 01:58:40 PM »
meh.

They really should have gone with the John  Stewart Green Lantern instead of Cyborg. It's really doesn't feel like the JLA sans both Superman and Green Lantern.

Flash's costume/armor looks too bulky for a runner.

But I'll still go see this. No way I'm expecting to enjoy it more than either Avengers movies, however. Always been more of a (Silver Age/Bronze Age) Marvel guy anyhow.

Online Desert Fox

• Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
  • Hopeful Non-Theist
    • Kitsune's Web Page
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2017, 02:39:07 PM »

Stay classy, DC

The looks is also not too much out of line with either Amazons or Ancient Greek types
"Give me the storm and tempest of thought and action, rather than the dead calm of ignorance and faith. Banish me from Eden when you will; but first let me eat of the fruit of the tree of knowledge."
— Robert G. Ingersoll

Offline Rai

• PIZZASAURUS
  • Global Moderator
  • Stopped Going Outside
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2017, 04:12:25 PM »

Stay classy, DC

The looks is also not too much out of line with either Amazons or Ancient Greek types

It is also perfectly in line with standard comic book sexism.

Not that there wouldn't have been other versions of her outfit that would have matched aesthetics of the other team members.

Nope, no way.

Offline Harry Black

• International Man of Mystery
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2017, 04:19:09 PM »

Stay classy, DC

Not that there wouldn't have been other versions of her outfit that would have matched aesthetics of the other team members.

Nope, no way.
Thats almost the exact same though except it features skin tight leg and arm coverings rather than just skin.

Edit- So Batman still has heavy machine guns on his car but doesnt use a pistol because.....?
If the action works well and the story isnt offensively bad then I reckon I will have fun. It will need unbelievably good reviews for me to pay a cent to see it though.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 04:24:47 PM by Harry Black »

Offline Ambious

• Frequent Poster
  • Up the Irons!
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2017, 04:30:01 PM »
Party poopers.
I am fully excited and fully expect to enjoy this movie.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013) using Tapatalk

–Maimonides

Offline Gerbig

• Frequent Poster
  • Stream Crosser
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2017, 07:45:01 PM »
I will eat a picture of Jack Snyder if this movie gets over 50% on RT

Offline Soldier of FORTRAN

• Stopped Going Outside
  • Cache rules everything around me.
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2017, 08:25:39 PM »
Thats almost the exact same though except it features skin tight leg and arm coverings rather than just skin.

Kevlar body-sock augmented by shear-thickening fluid?  She'd be bullet-proof from the neck down!

Every soup ladled to the hungry, every blanket draped over the cold signifies, in the final sense, a theft from my gigantic paycheck.

Offline Rai

• PIZZASAURUS
  • Global Moderator
  • Stopped Going Outside
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2017, 03:10:43 AM »

Stay classy, DC

Nope, no way.

The coverings do make a difference, unless it is part of the story how an amazonian tactic is to dazzle foes with the sight of bare butcheeks. Just think of it for a little bit what range of movement does the movie skirt allow for, without meticulously placed camera angles, while still maintaining its covering function?

Also, I find it interesting how Aquaman is basically the same as Thor in the trailer and how Cyborg looks like a Bayformer who flies like Iron Man, with an eerily similar face-covering helmet activation process.

Plus, I wonder, will the bad guys steal colours from the world? It sure looks like it.

Offline Harry Black

« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2017, 05:32:50 AM »
I do agree that her costume is dumb. It is very close to most of her comic iterations however because fans always whine about versions like the one you point to.
I think you are correct to point it out. Interesting the things Snyder chose to be faithful to the source material with right?

Offline Ambious

• Frequent Poster
  • Up the Irons!
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2017, 05:53:41 AM »

*shrug*
Some of my favorite movies got very low scores, and there's some terrible terrible shit with over 90%.
I don't consider that an indication of anything.

I do agree that her costume is dumb. It is very close to most of her comic iterations however because fans always whine about versions like the one you point to.
I think you are correct to point it out. Interesting the things Snyder chose to be faithful to the source material with right?

Any film adaptation of a comic is walking a fine line between pragmatism and faithfulness to the source material.
If you're bothered by her costume in the film, you definitely wouldn't like it in the comics.
–Maimonides

Offline Eternally Learning

• Master Mr. a.k.a. Methodical Loaf
  • Reef Tank Owner
  • Break a leg, badger!
    • Get Past The 140 Character Limit!
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2017, 07:10:24 AM »
All of the characters in the posters are pretty much in line with their standard comic books garb and they could have easily gone with some more cleavage heavy versions of Wonder Woman's past costumes too.  If they'd, say, gone the Mystique route and made her costume into body paint or something like that, I'd be on board with balking at the needlessly sexy outfit, but this is how she's looked for a long time, and of all the characters being introduced full tilt, she's the one I'm holding out the most hope for.  I'm really not caring at the moment.

That aside, Cyborg's CG looks terrible in this trailer, I like Jason Momoa but Auqaman bores me in this trailer, I've tried to like Flash's costume but I just can't, it is super ugly and weird, and last but not least, I've been burned by Snyder trailers too much to feel any hype for this at all. The man knows how to make a nice looking shot, but more often than not he seems to have no idea how to make a good story or make good characters. I expect all the trailers for this will look fantastic, but I expect the movie to be all pop with no substance.  This guy nailed exactly what I've been feeling about BvS and I expect the same from Justice League unfortunately:

Offline Harry Black

« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2017, 07:48:27 AM »

*shrug*
Some of my favorite movies got very low scores, and there's some terrible terrible shit with over 90%.
I don't consider that an indication of anything.

Any film adaptation of a comic is walking a fine line between pragmatism and faithfulness to the source material.
If you're bothered by her costume in the film, you definitely wouldn't like it in the comics.
I strongly dislike it in the comics. Not because its sexy, but because she usually looks like an 80's female wrestler.
And my point is that all of the characters costumes have been changed from the comics, but hers is the most faithful and its interesting to me why that may be.

personate-rain
personate-rain