Author Topic: Justice League (2017)  (Read 1180 times)

Offline Simon Jester

• Well Established
Re: Justice League (2017)
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2017, 02:54:12 PM »
Where is Wendy, Marvin and Wonder Dog?

At least Aquaman has a laid back cool voice, I was worried he was going to speak in partial English or with a fake accent.

After working with Gal in Keeping up with the Joneses I can say that she tends to dress in those short skirts off set anyway. Who are WE to tell Wonder Woman what she can and can not wear? I get the impression that she will dress any dam way she feels like, She is a bad ass. (Gal is pretty bad ass too!)

Everyone's suit makes sense except for the Flash. Put him back in yoga pants

I wish they would stop trying to turn them into the Avengers, DC heroes are much better in a campy situation, I want the Superfriends!

*Ted Knight voice* "Meanwhile back in the hall of justice..."
« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 03:10:38 PM by Simon Jester »
“Don't explain computers to laymen. Simpler to explain sex to a virgin.”
― Robert A. Heinlein, The Moon is a Harsh Mistress

Offline superdave

• Stopped Going Outside
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2017, 03:33:52 PM »
more excited about WW than this but I am impressed they didn't reveal superman in the trailer.
I disavow anyone in the movement involved in any illegal,unethical, sexist, or racist behavior. However, I don't have the energy or time to investigate each person and case, and a lack of individual disavowals for each incident should not be construed as condoning such behavior.

Offline Gerbig

• Frequent Poster
  • Stream Crosser
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2017, 03:45:26 PM »
more excited about WW than this but I am impressed they didn't reveal superman in the trailer.

I have more hope for WW as well. I wonder if their restraint will hold until the final trailer.
My money would be on them showing a silhouette in a cape or some shit like that, thinking they are being subtle

Offline 2397

• Well Established
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2017, 04:43:34 PM »
I grew up with Donald Duck and Uncle Scrooge, plus a few TMNT comics, and wasn't exposed to the whole DC vs. Marvel deal until the more recent movies. But I always had the impression that Batman and Superman were the major superheroes. I don't know what happened that made Marvel so much better at portraying theirs.

I have high hopes for Ronon, though.

Offline Paul Blevins Jr.

• Not Enough Spare Time
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2017, 07:02:17 PM »
Ronon?

Offline Harry Black

• International Man of Mystery
  • Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2017, 07:03:29 PM »
The 'Wonder Woman wears what the hell she wants' argument is fine. Im sure Gal Gadot likes her costume.

Just interesting how WW always seems to  want dress the way fanboys want her to.
She is a fictional character, writing her as someone who 'wants' to wear short skirts does not really address the gripe of folks who would like to see women warriors portrayed in a non sexualised way.
"But look at the tight outfits on Bats and Supes!"
Yeah. Different social power dynamic and appreciation under the male gaze.

Edit- The above rereads as a bit dismissive towards Simon Jester. Im speaking soley about the argument, no snark personally intended.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 07:09:07 PM by Harry Black »

Offline 2397

• Well Established
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2017, 07:21:33 PM »
"But look at the tight outfits on Bats and Supes!"
Yeah. Different social power dynamic and appreciation under the male gaze.

I think if there were several women with a variety of styles, one of them dressing light or tight wouldn't be as much of an issue.

Ronon?

Momoa.

Offline Boßel

• Go away or I shall taunt you a second time.
  • Frequent Poster
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2017, 07:57:13 PM »
Ronon?

Jason.

Jk

Ronon is a Stargate Atlantis character.