Author Topic: Walking question  (Read 865 times)

Offline xenu

• Frequent Poster
  • Chicago Blackhawks 2010,13,15 Stanley Cup Champion
Re: Walking question
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2017, 12:58:37 PM »
I think it was just your body getting use to a new exercise.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."
Douglas Adams

Offline Desert Fox

• Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
  • Hopeful Non-Theist
    • Kitsune's Web Page
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2017, 02:31:43 PM »
I think it was just your body getting use to a new exercise.

I probably walk three hours in one day on a weekly basis. Three hours, or even more, is not really anything too new for me.
"Give me the storm and tempest of thought and action, rather than the dead calm of ignorance and faith. Banish me from Eden when you will; but first let me eat of the fruit of the tree of knowledge."
— Robert G. Ingersoll

Offline arthwollipot

• Stopped Going Outside
  • Observer of Phenomena
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2017, 10:19:57 PM »
I should start walking again. It would give me a chance to catch up on my podcasts, which now that I'm no longer commuting I'm getting way behind on.

Offline xenu

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2017, 09:42:53 AM »
I should start walking again. It would give me a chance to catch up on my podcasts, which now that I'm no longer commuting I'm getting way behind on.
Best time to listen. What's funny is if I relisten to the podcast I will remember where I was on my walk when I first listen to it.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."
Douglas Adams

Online daniel1948

• Stopped Going Outside
  • Cat Lovers Against the Bomb
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2017, 10:45:40 AM »
I tend to zone out while walking. I can listen to music, but not podcasts.
Daniel
----------------
"Anyone who has ever looked into the glazed eyes of a soldier dying on the battlefield will think long and hard before starting a war."
-- Otto von Bismarck

Offline arthwollipot

• Stopped Going Outside
  • Observer of Phenomena
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2017, 11:27:29 PM »
Best time to listen. What's funny is if I relisten to the podcast I will remember where I was on my walk when I first listen to it.
Yep, that absolutely happens to me too. I will always remember where I was when I hear the "rat pit" section of Nerd Poker.

Offline GodSlayer

• Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2017, 09:16:16 PM »
Just my opinion:

Standing is more stressful than walking. Walking keeps the circulation moving.

hell yea. there's something strangely brutal about standing in the same spot for a long period of time.
Quote from: George William Foote
Priestcraft nourishes hope in the scientific laboratory, and feels only faint misgivings in academic halls; but it pales and withers at the smile of scepticism, and hears in a low laugh the note of the trump of doom."

Offline xenu

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2017, 08:42:56 AM »
Just my opinion:

Standing is more stressful than walking. Walking keeps the circulation moving.

hell yea. there's something strangely brutal about standing in the same spot for a long period of time.
When I was younger I use to be able to stand for hours and it was no big deal. I use to perfer to stand instead of sit. Now my back tightens up after 15 minutes. If I'm walking I'm OK but standing is a whole other story.
Douglas Adams

personate-rain