Author Topic: Imap woe  (Read 262 times)

Offline Desert Fox

• Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
  • Hopeful Non-Theist
    • Kitsune's Web Page
Imap woe
« on: April 13, 2017, 08:15:12 PM »
I work a lot and my main means of communication over the internet on my laptop.
It will suddenly though decide it is no longer connected.

I am using IMAP now instead of POP3 because I use both my laptop and my desktop.
If I get a message half written on either, I can then finish on the other machine.

The problem is that sometimes it will decide, in the middle of sending a message, that it is no longer connected.
I get a message that sending the mail and/or saving the sent message failed. That is then followed by the compose message window closing after a acknowledge and a message (sometimes a long one) just going away.
"Give me the storm and tempest of thought and action, rather than the dead calm of ignorance and faith. Banish me from Eden when you will; but first let me eat of the fruit of the tree of knowledge."
— Robert G. Ingersoll

Offline The Latinist

• Cyber Greasemonkey
  • Technical Administrator
  • Stopped Going Outside
Re: Imap woe
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2017, 09:23:23 PM »
It sounds to me like the real problem is your unstable connection.  Any idea what could be causing that?

Also, what mail client are you using?
I would like to propose...that...it is undesirable to believe in a proposition when there is no ground whatever for supposing it true. — Bertrand Russell

Offline Desert Fox

• Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
  • Hopeful Non-Theist
    • Kitsune's Web Page
Re: Imap woe
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2017, 12:00:30 AM »
Thunderbird. .; . .Yes, the unstable connection is annoying
"Give me the storm and tempest of thought and action, rather than the dead calm of ignorance and faith. Banish me from Eden when you will; but first let me eat of the fruit of the tree of knowledge."
— Robert G. Ingersoll

personate-rain