Author Topic: How often do you run into a word that is spelled right but just looks wrong?  (Read 1488 times)

Offline arthwollipot

• Stopped Going Outside
  • Observer of Phenomena
I have that level of dyslexia that is so mild as to be merely occasionally amusing.

Once I was walking through a department store and I saw on a shelf a particular brand of hot water urn. It had its name in large bold letters on the box: URNIE.

My brain transposed two letters in that name and I vowed never to drink from one.

Online Noisy Rhysling

• Frequent Poster
    • Hyperwar, WWII in Hypertext.
I have that level of dyslexia that is so mild as to be merely occasionally amusing.

Once I was walking through a department store and I saw on a shelf a particular brand of hot water urn. It had its name in large bold letters on the box: URNIE.

My brain transposed two letters in that name and I vowed never to drink from one.
It sounds like an improvement on Navy coffee.
"Sunday's horoscope is note worthy because of its strange, sudden and wholly unpredictable and inexplicable occurrences, affecting all phases of life." Your Horoscope" L.A. Evening Herald Express, Sat, 12/06/41

Offline GodSlayer

• Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
the opposite of this phenomenon happens all the time on Chrome with its shitty incomplete spellchecker.

every now and then it catches me out, though.
Quote from: Thomas Carlyle
In a controversy, the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth, and have begun striving for ourselves.

Offline SkeptiQueer

• Too Much Spare Time
  • DEEZ NUTZ
My wife is so bad at directions that I have to say "Democrat" and "Republican" to get her to turn in the right correct direction.

How do you get around St. Louis if you only go center or right?
HIISSSSSSSS

Online Noisy Rhysling

• Frequent Poster
    • Hyperwar, WWII in Hypertext.
My wife is so bad at directions that I have to say "Democrat" and "Republican" to get her to turn in the right correct direction.

How do you get around St. Louis if you only go center or right?
Ain't none of them there leftists in this here city, and ya'll'd do be doin' well to 'memgber that, ya hear?
"Sunday's horoscope is note worthy because of its strange, sudden and wholly unpredictable and inexplicable occurrences, affecting all phases of life." Your Horoscope" L.A. Evening Herald Express, Sat, 12/06/41

personate-rain
personate-rain