Author Topic: Can someone explain this exercise I saw today?  (Read 223 times)

Offline superdave

• Stopped Going Outside
Can someone explain this exercise I saw today?
« on: April 25, 2017, 06:12:08 PM »
The exercise was like this

The person was standing in front of a pulley that was about the height of their forehead. They then grabbed the pulley, and bent 90 degrees at the waist.  It was effectively the move you make when you try to touch your toes without bending your knees, but being resisted by the weight.

What muscles does this work?  I couldn't figure if it was supposed to be back or abs or what.
I disavow anyone in the movement involved in any illegal,unethical, sexist, or racist behavior. However, I don't have the energy or time to investigate each person and case, and a lack of individual disavowals for each incident should not be construed as condoning such behavior.

Offline daniel1948

• Stopped Going Outside
  • Cat Lovers Against the Bomb
Re: Can someone explain this exercise I saw today?
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2017, 10:19:26 AM »
It sounds to me as though it might work the same muscles as crunches or sit-ups. Bending at the waist against resistance. If the arms are held straight out it would also work arm and shoulder muscles. Otherwise maybe shoulders but not arms? But I will defer to any of the many body-builders on here.
Daniel
----------------
"Anyone who has ever looked into the glazed eyes of a soldier dying on the battlefield will think long and hard before starting a war."
-- Otto von Bismarck