Author Topic: Scientology facilities closed after police find patients held against their will  (Read 312 times)

Online Desert Fox

• Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
  • Hopeful Non-Theist
    • Kitsune's Web Page
Err, you almost don't know what to say. . . .Sugegst reading teh whole article.

http://globalnews.ca/news/3426629/scientology-facility-closed-tennessee/?utm_source=Article&utm_medium=MostPopular&utm_campaign=2014

A group of psychiatric facilities owned and run by the Church of Scientology in Tennessee has been closed after local police found some patients being held against their will.

The Cannon Courier, out of Cannon County, Tenn. and nearby the Scientology facilities, reports that the buildings are now permanently closed and three suspects have been charged.

“[We] would like to make the general public of [the] county aware that the Scientology facilities are closed and [no longer] operating,” read a statement released by the Cannon County Sheriff’s Department.

Police discovered the facilities, which were no more than tiny cabins and one double-wide trailer, concealed in the wilderness and heavily secured. They described the scene as “a gated, makeshift paddock secured externally with a steel latch.”
"Give me the storm and tempest of thought and action, rather than the dead calm of ignorance and faith. Banish me from Eden when you will; but first let me eat of the fruit of the tree of knowledge."
— Robert G. Ingersoll

Online Ah.hell

Seems to fit in with everything I've read or heard about Scientology.

Offline John Albert

• Off to a Start
The Church of Scientology has denied any connection to the facility, and some news outlets have reported errata and edited their versions of the story to remove all mention of Scientology.

Appears that the CoS "Office of External Affairs" has gone into damage control mode and might be threatening lawsuits again.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2017, 08:34:59 PM by John Albert »

Online Desert Fox

• Hopeful Non-Theist
    • Kitsune's Web Page
They have had a lot of defections and have lost a lot of economic power. . . . . Might be harder for the church to effectively sue than previously. 
"Give me the storm and tempest of thought and action, rather than the dead calm of ignorance and faith. Banish me from Eden when you will; but first let me eat of the fruit of the tree of knowledge."
— Robert G. Ingersoll

Offline John Albert

• Off to a Start
They're still super-rich though, and no less ruthless with the litigation.

Online Desert Fox

• Hopeful Non-Theist
    • Kitsune's Web Page
They're still super-rich though, and no less ruthless with the litigation.

They are still ruthless but recently they seem to have lost their touch.
Might be that others know how to fight back now.
— Robert G. Ingersoll

Offline John Albert

• Off to a Start
Might be that others know how to fight back now.

I think this is certainly true.

personate-rain
personate-rain