Author Topic: Science or fiction 2018  (Read 270 times)

Offline conscious_stardust

• Brand New
Science or fiction 2018
« on: May 13, 2017, 09:45:44 PM »
I have a proposed experiment for 2018 that I think would be interesting.
Instead of all the rogues hearing each others reasoning for choosing their item they do it without the others listening. This would eliminate any GWing and see is there is a difference between 2017 and 2018 and if there is a statistical difference.
I was just thinking about this a couple days ago and thought it would be interesting. If you think it's interesting too maybe we can get Steves attention and it would make 2018 very infesting. Plus you know, science.

Offline 2397

• Well Established
Re: Science or fiction 2018
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2017, 10:08:15 PM »
Part of the fun of Science or fiction is to hear them confabulate about it. So if they were going to do this for a whole year, not just special events, I think Steve would have to record them individually (e.g. kick everyone else off the call) so that we could listen to their monologues before the answers.

Offline conscious_stardust

• Brand New
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2017, 11:12:55 PM »
Oh yeah I figured that would be implied but definelty just have them do it while everyone else is not listen. That would make it even more interesting.

Offline Belgarath

• Forum Sugar Daddy
  • Technical Administrator
  • Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2017, 10:07:25 AM »
Well, the way you could do it is have Steve just ask them each to Private message their answer to him via skype or Text before talking about it, then they could each discuss why they picked the answer, similar to how they do today.

I wonder how closely being right on Science of Fiction correlates with being last when picking an answer......
#non-belief denialist

Offline 2397

• Well Established
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2017, 11:10:50 AM »
I've wondered about stats like who wins the most when they go first, who has the most solo wins, and who wins the most by going with someone else. But that's a lot of work to do for some minor factoids, unless someone already has enough details written down to just plug in the equations.

personate-rain
personate-rain