Author Topic: Alien Covenant (Spoilers)  (Read 694 times)

Offline Zed

• Off to a Start
Alien Covenant (Spoilers)
« on: May 28, 2017, 12:43:53 AM »
I just saw Alien Covenant, very hopeful that this movie would correct the craziness of Prometheus (which I mostly liked outside of the insinuation that evolution didn't happen).

Well, I guess I shouldn't be surprised that my biggest gripe with Alien Covenant would be similar. Alien and Aliens are two of my all-time favorite movies...so I was horrified that they decided to reveal that the "xenomorphs" were basically created by a human-created robot through genetic experimentation of a virus.......

To me, this is so much less compelling than actually having that the aliens come from some weird planet where they evolved their acid-blood, incorporation of host traits, and overly-complicated life cycle (queen lays eggs, eggs hatch facehuggers, facehuggers implant embryo into host, host births aliens) for an evolutionary reason.

This movie also essentially erases the Alien-Predator movie timeline (which hinted at Predators hunting aliens for thousands of years prior to human space exploration). The Alien-Predator movies suck anyway...so that's not that big of a deal to me.

But I just hate that Prometheus and Alien Covenant focus so much on the idea of there being creators...

Other than that, the movie was okay.

Offline Noisy Rhysling

• Stopped Going Outside
    • Hyperwar, WWII in Hypertext.
Re: Alien Covenant (Spoilers)
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2017, 06:59:21 AM »
Why did a crew who knew zip-shit-nada about a planet walk around on it without suits?

"Sunday's horoscope is note worthy because of its strange, sudden and wholly unpredictable and inexplicable occurrences, affecting all phases of life." Your Horoscope" L.A. Evening Herald Express, Sat, 12/06/41

Offline Zed

• Off to a Start
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2017, 09:56:05 PM »
Why did a crew who knew zip-shit-nada about a planet walk around on it without suits?

EXACTLY! Ugh. At least in Prometheus they made a big to-do about if they should remove their helmets.

Offline xenu

• Frequent Poster
  • Chicago Blackhawks 2010,13,15 Stanley Cup Champion
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2017, 08:56:26 AM »
I hated this movie more then promotheus. It made promotheus look ok. The plot was brutal. The story line was so telegraphed that it left nothing to the imagination. My wife really looked forward to seeing this and hated it more then I did. Daniels was the only part that I liked.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."
Douglas Adams

Offline mindme

• Reef Tank Owner
    • http://www.yrad.com/cs
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2017, 10:33:41 AM »
I'm sort of the opposite. I liked this movie more than Prometheus. I can excuse space jocks for not being trained biologists and doing some dumb things.
"Because the world needs more Mark Crislip."

Conspiracy Skeptic Podcast
Korean Podcast
Michael Goudeau, Vegas Comedy Entertainer Available for Trade Shows

personate-rain