Author Topic: Twitter Your Medical Maladies  (Read 7735 times)

Offline Friendly Angel

• Stopped Going Outside
  • Post count reset to zero in both forum apocalypses
Twitter Your Medical Maladies
« on: June 15, 2017, 06:39:29 PM »
Dr. gave me codeine for a really bad cough at the tail end of a sick week (he said virus plus allergies).  I had no idea that stuff had the side effect of intense itchiness.  Helped me sleep a little better but it was driving me crazy for three days... even had to take my shoes off in the office to get a good scratch in every few minutes.  My arms and legs look like I was attacked by a rose bush.

Amend and resubmit.

Offline lonely moa

• A rather tough old bird.
  • Stopped Going Outside
Re: Twitter Your Medical Maladies
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2017, 08:13:32 PM »
I put a tiny splinter under my thumbnail,; it came out easily but still hurts a bit... the same thumbnail I did the same thing a year or so ago.  Last time it go infected and I lost the nail.  Please dog, lets not do that again.
"Pull the goalie", Malcolm Gladwell.

Offline AQB24712

• Not a Euphemism.
  • Global Moderatrix
  • Reef Tank Owner
  • Did you just call me..."Bacon girl"?
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2017, 09:55:38 AM »
Iliotibial band syndrome, guh.  Sometimes my hips hurt like a real sumbitch.  It can be painful to lie on my side in bed.  And sometimes I can feel the ache all the way down the outside of my thighs to my knees.
"There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind."  Kurt Vonnegut
"You can bet your last money it's all gonna be a stone gas, honey."  Don Cornelius
"Wow! You spark up my entire thinking faculty."  A scammer/bot on a dating site

Offline Morvis13

• Big Ol' Goober
  • Planetary Skeptic
  • Natural Source of Paranoia
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2017, 12:40:28 PM »
Iliotibial band syndrome, guh.  Sometimes my hips hurt like a real sumbitch.  It can be painful to lie on my side in bed.  And sometimes I can feel the ache all the way down the outside of my thighs to my knees.

Luxury, Mine pulls my knee cap out of place. Add a stiff S1 L1 joint to that.
Murphy's Law: Anything that can go wrong will go wrong.
Morvis' Law: Anything that does go wrong is my fault.

Online The Latinist

• Cyber Greasemonkey
  • Technical Administrator
  • Too Much Spare Time
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2017, 01:06:18 PM »
Carpal tunnel release scheduled for Wednesday. Decided not to do the median nerve at the same time; may be able to live with that if I get the rest of my hand back.
I would like to propose...that...it is undesirable to believe in a proposition when there is no ground whatever for supposing it true. — Bertrand Russell

Offline AQB24712

• Not a Euphemism.
  • Global Moderatrix
  • Reef Tank Owner
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2017, 02:57:05 PM »

Luxury, Mine pulls my knee cap out of place.

Ow ow ow do not want no no no.

Add a stiff S1 L1 joint to that.

Filthy euphemism.

Carpal tunnel release scheduled for Wednesday. Decided not to do the median nerve at the same time; may be able to live with that if I get the rest of my hand back.

Wishing you an uneventful procedure and a speedy and complete recovery, sir.
"There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind."  Kurt Vonnegut
"You can bet your last money it's all gonna be a stone gas, honey."  Don Cornelius

Offline lonely moa

• Stopped Going Outside
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2017, 05:40:07 PM »

Sounds horrible, but you can do something about it yourself to relieve the symptoms. 

Offline arthwollipot

• Reef Tank Owner
  • Observer of Phenomena
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2017, 06:21:25 PM »
I'm disgustingly healthy, despite everything.
Self-described nerd. Pronouns: He/Him.
Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiarii?

Offline AQB24712

• Not a Euphemism.
  • Global Moderatrix
  • Reef Tank Owner
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2017, 08:08:46 PM »

Sounds horrible, but you can do something about it yourself to relieve the symptoms.

I can, and I do.

Offline lonely moa

• Stopped Going Outside
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2017, 10:12:07 PM »

I can, and I do.

I like my hard foam roller for all things leg.

Online The Latinist

• Cyber Greasemonkey
  • Technical Administrator
  • Too Much Spare Time
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2017, 11:24:56 PM »
Caffeine withdrawal.  Going cold turkey.  It's not pleasant, but I've done it before and I'll survive.  This is day two, and I think I'm over the hump.
I would like to propose...that...it is undesirable to believe in a proposition when there is no ground whatever for supposing it true. — Bertrand Russell

Offline Morvis13

• Big Ol' Goober
  • Planetary Skeptic
  • Natural Source of Paranoia
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2017, 11:26:54 PM »
Caffeine withdrawal.  Going cold turkey.  It's not pleasant, but I've done it before and I'll survive.  This is day two, and I think I'm over the hump.

keep at it. I've been coffee free for a year.
Murphy's Law: Anything that can go wrong will go wrong.
Morvis' Law: Anything that does go wrong is my fault.

Offline arthwollipot

• Reef Tank Owner
  • Observer of Phenomena
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2017, 03:40:41 AM »
I could really use a coffee right now.
Self-described nerd. Pronouns: He/Him.
Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiarii?

Offline Tatyana

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2017, 07:56:07 AM »
Why would one give up coffee?

It is all caffeine, or just the java form?

Offline Tatyana

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2017, 08:09:26 AM »
I pulled my ITB rock climbing, it does feel like a dodgy hip and knee.

Most of my issues are are musculo-skeletal:

I ruptured an Achilles Tendon 10 year ago, which lead to getting plantar fasciitis in the foot attached to the aforementioned shortened Achilles. I have to watch how I increase my running distance and frequency and wear supportive shoes most of the time or the PF flares up.

I am in a new lab in a new hospital, and I do mean new, new. The floors are level and very hard, which is great for equipment, but bad when you stand and walk around a lab all day.

I also have BPPV, benign paroxysmal postural vertigo. The first occurrence was terrible, and it also flares up on occasion. Basically it is getting the super spins because the Eustachian tubes in your ears are compromised.....allergies, ear wax, there are many theories but it is benign if not occasionally vomitous.

personate-rain