Author Topic: Twitter Your Medical Maladies  (Read 7168 times)

Offline daniel1948

• Hasn't
  • Too Much Spare Time
  • Cat Lovers Against the Bomb
Re: Twitter Your Medical Maladies
« Reply #75 on: December 13, 2018, 10:29:00 AM »
I’m not sure what the hell I did to my back, but Tuesday I had horrible spasms in my middle back — higher than my usual pain.  It started just before bed Monday night and was so bad by the next morning that I had trouble getting out of bed. Made it through the class day, but bailed on drama after school (I’m the tech director).  Flexeril didn’t touch it for the first 24 hours, but now it seems to be helping some.  It’s much better than it was, and I was able to stretch without severe pain by last night.  But it’s strange since I don’t remember lifting anything unusual.

I have occasionally set off very severe back pain by some small movement of my back that didn’t seem like it should have been capable of causing any harm. It seems like sometimes the cause of aches and pains as we get older are elusive. I hope you get back to normal soon.
Daniel
----------------
"Anyone who has ever looked into the glazed eyes of a soldier dying on the battlefield will think long and hard before starting a war."
-- Otto von Bismarck

Offline wastrel

• Great poster... or greatest poster?
  • Technical Administrator
  • Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
  • Science: A cold-hearted bitch with a 14" strap-on
« Reply #76 on: December 13, 2018, 10:58:14 AM »
I'm amazed at how easy back "injury" and other maladies have become as I've aged.  I pulled something in my back by going from a sitting to a prone position in bed.  I was sore for over a week.

Online CarbShark

• Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
« Reply #77 on: December 13, 2018, 11:33:49 AM »
For my 60th birthday I got my very first hemorrhoid.  >:(
and Donald Trump is President of the United States.

I'm not a doctor, I'm just someone who has done a ton of research into diet and nutrition.

Online Noisy Rhysling

• Stopped Going Outside
    • Hyperwar, WWII in Hypertext.
« Reply #78 on: December 13, 2018, 11:52:42 AM »
For my 60th birthday I got my very first hemorrhoid.  >:(
Lucky you! My first was when I was 14.
"Sunday's horoscope is note worthy because of its strange, sudden and wholly unpredictable and inexplicable occurrences, affecting all phases of life." Your Horoscope" L.A. Evening Herald Express, Sat, 12/06/41

Online xenu

• Frequent Poster
  • Chicago Blackhawks 2010,13,15 Stanley Cup Champion
« Reply #79 on: December 13, 2018, 06:54:10 PM »
I'm amazed at how easy back "injury" and other maladies have become as I've aged.  I pulled something in my back by going from a sitting to a prone position in bed.  I was sore for over a week.

Amen brother
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."
Douglas Adams