Author Topic: USPS Checkout Page doesn't work  (Read 104 times)

Offline daniel1948

• Happy Man in a Boat
  • Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
  • I'd rather be paddling
    • View Profile
USPS Checkout Page doesn't work
« on: March 23, 2020, 10:11:35 PM »
A month or two ago I tried to buy stamps on-line. I've done this before many times. I logged in to my account, picked what I wanted, my Cart showed the items, and when I clicked on Checkout, I got a page with the basic USPS logo type stuff, but no actual check-out page. So I figured maybe they're having technical issues. Today I tried it again with exactly the same results. Both times I tried with both Chrome and Safari.

Anybody know what's up, or what I might be doing wrong? Chrome did not give me any notice of a pop-up being blocked or anything.
“You say you love your children above all else, and yet you are stealing their future in front of their very eyes.”
-- Greta Thunberg

Offline DevoutCatalyst

• Well Established
    • View Profile
Re: USPS Checkout Page doesn't work
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2020, 09:26:43 AM »
I don't know. But it sounds like the USPS.

I signed up for Informed Delivery. This service is supposed to show you scans of incoming mail to let you know what's arriving that day. It does do that sometimes. But most of the time it doesn't work at all. Occasionally it sends you scans long after your mail has already been delivered rendering it useless. It is useless. I remain signed up for Informed Delivery because it is free and maybe one day it will work. The sign-up didn't work, though, and they had to confirm via snail mail. Quite the operation, the USPS.

Offline daniel1948

• Happy Man in a Boat
  • I'd rather be paddling
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2020, 11:16:34 AM »
I don't know. But it sounds like the USPS.

I signed up for Informed Delivery. This service is supposed to show you scans of incoming mail to let you know what's arriving that day. It does do that sometimes. But most of the time it doesn't work at all. Occasionally it sends you scans long after your mail has already been delivered rendering it useless. It is useless. I remain signed up for Informed Delivery because it is free and maybe one day it will work. The sign-up didn't work, though, and they had to confirm via snail mail. Quite the operation, the USPS.

I have Informed Delivery and it works quite well, though occasionally mail arrives the day after the email.

“You say you love your children above all else, and yet you are stealing their future in front of their very eyes.”
-- Greta Thunberg

Offline DevoutCatalyst

• Well Established
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2020, 11:48:26 AM »
I have Informed Delivery and it works quite well, though occasionally mail arrives the day after the email.

Because of my rural location? The postal clerk here told me not to expect much from it and she was right.

Offline daniel1948

• Happy Man in a Boat
  • I'd rather be paddling
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2020, 12:52:40 PM »

Because of my rural location? The postal clerk here told me not to expect much from it and she was right.

When I lived in rural North Dakota the USPS was good. In Spokane I was always getting mail for other addresses, and neighbors regularly brought me my mail that was in their boxes. Once I came home from a summer away with my mail on hold, to find among my held mail, important time-critical mail that was addressed to my neighbor.

So far here, I have not received mail addressed to other addresses. <Knock on wood!>
-- Greta Thunberg