Author Topic: The DIY Repair Thread  (Read 8567 times)

Offline The Latinist

• Cyber Greasemonkey
  • Technical Administrator
  • Too Much Spare Time
Re: The DIY Repair Thread
« Reply #165 on: June 24, 2019, 09:11:38 PM »
Public Service Announcement: clean the drip pan under your grill.  Mine caught fire today and was like a torch through the grill.  I shall be sure to keep a better eye on it from now on.

Upside: I got to try out baking soda in a grease fire.  It was like magic. And despite the fact that the lingering CO2 generation made it impossible to restart the grill, the fire had heated everything so hot that even after wiping off the baking soda with a wet paper towel I was able to grill my burgers just with the residual heat.
I would like to propose...that...it is undesirable to believe in a proposition when there is no ground whatever for supposing it true. — Bertrand Russell

Offline CarbShark

• Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
Re: The DIY Repair Thread
« Reply #166 on: June 24, 2019, 10:51:50 PM »
Public Service Announcement: clean the drip pan under your grill.  Mine caught fire today and was like a torch through the grill.  I shall be sure to keep a better eye on it from now on.

Upside: I got to try out baking soda in a grease fire.  It was like magic. And despite the fact that the lingering CO2 generation made it impossible to restart the grill, the fire had heated everything so hot that even after wiping off the baking soda with a wet paper towel I was able to grill my burgers just with the residual heat.

And a related shopping tip, when you buy an outdoor grill make sure the drip pan is removable.
and Donald Trump is President of the United States.

I'm not a doctor, I'm just someone who has done a ton of research into diet and nutrition.

personate-rain