Author Topic: Anybody ever get hit with "Sudden Battery Drain Syndome" on their phone?  (Read 809 times)

Offline Desert Fox

• Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
  • Hopeful Non-Theist
    • Kitsune's Web Page
I was noticing suddenly that my cell phone was draining its battery in something like 6 to 8 hours. At first my thoughts were that my battery was dying (I have an S5 so I can actually replace my battery) but then I though maybe something was stuck.
I rebooted my cell phone and not having that issue so it is resolved.

Anybody else ever have that issue?
"Give me the storm and tempest of thought and action, rather than the dead calm of ignorance and faith. Banish me from Eden when you will; but first let me eat of the fruit of the tree of knowledge."
— Robert G. Ingersoll

Offline Mr. Beagle

• Frequent Poster
I was noticing suddenly that my cell phone was draining its battery in something like 6 to 8 hours. At first my thoughts were that my battery was dying (I have an S5 so I can actually replace my battery) but then I though maybe something was stuck.
I rebooted my cell phone and not having that issue so it is resolved.

Anybody else ever have that issue?
I have a couple apps that go crazy for some reason and eat battery. If it happens again, there should be an option to look at battery usage by app before you shut down.
Mister Beagle
The real world is tri-color

Offline xenu

• Frequent Poster
  • Chicago Blackhawks 2010,13,15 Stanley Cup Champion
It's usually always an app that goes crazy.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."
Douglas Adams

Offline Desert Fox

• Hopeful Non-Theist
    • Kitsune's Web Page
It's usually always an app that goes crazy.

that is what I read. . . .Often the Google app as well.
"Give me the storm and tempest of thought and action, rather than the dead calm of ignorance and faith. Banish me from Eden when you will; but first let me eat of the fruit of the tree of knowledge."
— Robert G. Ingersoll

Offline stands2reason

• Empiricist, Positivist, Militant Agnostic
  • Reef Tank Owner
I believe that is called a "wake lock". You can use WLD (Wakelock Detector) to show CPU Wakelocks, screen wakelocks, and wake-up timers. I don't remember if it works without root, though.

Offline Noisy Rhysling

• Frequent Poster
    • Hyperwar, WWII in Hypertext.
Re: Anybody ever get hit with "Sudden Battery Drain Syndome" on their phone?
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2017, 04:08:31 PM »
Mine was at 7% this AM. No good reason for that.
"Sunday's horoscope is note worthy because of its strange, sudden and wholly unpredictable and inexplicable occurrences, affecting all phases of life." Your Horoscope" L.A. Evening Herald Express, Sat, 12/06/41

Offline stands2reason

• Empiricist, Positivist, Militant Agnostic
  • Reef Tank Owner
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2017, 03:27:20 PM »
I started to get surprising drain apparently from idle Wi-Fi connection after switching to 5GHz. Turning off Wi-Fi and LTE overnight seems to fix it.

Offline Desert Fox

• Hopeful Non-Theist
    • Kitsune's Web Page
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2017, 03:32:03 PM »
I started to get surprising drain apparently from idle Wi-Fi connection after switching to 5GHz. Turning off Wi-Fi and LTE overnight seems to fix it.

For me, it is just easier to plug it in though
— Robert G. Ingersoll

personate-rain
personate-rain