Author Topic: D&D Game  (Read 15591 times)

Offline PANTS!

• One leg at a time.
  • Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
  • What seals? I auditioned for this job.
Re: D&D Game
« Reply #315 on: January 07, 2018, 05:17:36 PM »
For you John A.

Now where I come from
We don't let society tell us how it's supposed to be
-Uptown, Prince 👉

The world is on its elbows and knees
It's forgotten the message and worships the creeds

Online John Albert

• Stopped Going Outside
« Reply #316 on: January 08, 2018, 01:51:48 AM »
For you John A.
(click to show/hide)

Yeah, I saw that.

Looks like I'm getting ripped off with the Pro subscription to Roll20.

Offline brilligtove

• Too Much Spare Time
  • Ignorance can be cured. Stupidity, you deal with.
« Reply #317 on: January 08, 2018, 04:25:39 PM »
Thanks for sharing that. Quite helpful.
evidence trumps experience | performance over perfection | responsibility – authority = scapegoat | emotions motivate; data doesn't

Offline Morvis13

• Big Ol' Goober
  • Planetary Skeptic
  • Natural Source of Paranoia
« Reply #318 on: January 12, 2018, 10:29:57 AM »
Murphy's Law: Anything that can go wrong will go wrong.
Morvis' Law: Anything that does go wrong is my fault.

Online John Albert

• Stopped Going Outside
« Reply #319 on: January 14, 2018, 06:26:43 PM »
Would anybody like to write up a campaign journal entry for this weekend's activities?

(Here and on the Roll20 page)

Offline brilligtove

• Too Much Spare Time
« Reply #320 on: January 14, 2018, 09:51:20 PM »
Would anybody like to write up a campaign journal entry for this weekend's activities?

(Here and on the Roll20 page)

[Crass]Is it worth XP?[/Crass]

I'll give it a shot from Val's point of view (not an accurate view, IMO). :)
evidence trumps experience | performance over perfection | responsibility – authority = scapegoat | emotions motivate; data doesn't

Offline brilligtove

• Too Much Spare Time
« Reply #321 on: January 14, 2018, 11:03:31 PM »
The Weeks Of Dungeon

Note that this attempts to anneal the timeline to handle the before- and after- trial play. We found a lot of stuff before the trial (such as bottles that I filled with acid) but with the cook in the kitchen after the trial, event order would have been a bit different.

I shivered on the cold stone floor. Sure, I’d stolen some straw from other cells while roaming the few halls, but that wasn’t enough to keep me warm – especially with the tiny amounts of drugged food they were feeding us.

Now that we knew the guard rotation well, we were pretty cavalier about staying in our cells. I wandered over to visit Rath, Xav, and Punch. Sparrow was game to talk on occasion, but spent most of his time singing to himself. That was fine. If I was in his position I wouldn’t want to be associated with us either.

Gods, that ‘trial’ had been a joke. Despite my lack of involvement with the not-quite-dead Governator, I got charged for all kinds of murders. I barely even killed one guy, and they couldn’t really pin that on me if the system was honest. I mean, what’s the point being a con man if the system is rigged in ways I can’t take advantage of? Valenti may not survive this shithole and its ‘justice’ but… but Validict will! I’ll come back here with money and power and prestige and make these nipplebiting dungeaters pay.

What? Oh, yeah, the dungeon.

After Sparrow’s hard time out of his cells we all practiced with the locks a lot. It always took a few minutes to get out or lock it down, but we had the time. We explored the torture room, kitchen, and observation passage, looking for anything that could help us escape. There was a lot. I found a few things that would help me find a new familiar – who I would treat with much more respect – but not everything. We found weapons, clerical robes, healing and soporific potions, a gimp mask, and more.

After the sham trial, it was time to make a break. We waited for the guards to be mid-shift, opened our cells, and stepped out to gather equipment. From the torture room I had a dagger to use if needed, but planned on some in-your-face poison and acid when the time came. The others armed themselves, and we made our way to the kitchen.

Unfortunately, there was a large fat man in there, cooking away. [[I think it was]] Xav went in silently, but aiming to give him an edge, I knocked over some pots in the sink. The cook turned to look, and was choking on a garrotte a moment later. My second murder didn’t give me any pause at all, not like the first one. I slipped in and jammed my dagger up through his chin, into his brain.

There was a lot of blood, and a lot of it ended up on the food. We didn’t really care. We rinsed a few things, but ate untainted food for the first time in ages. We packed more in sacks, then turned our attention to the guards in the chamber to the north. We knew there were two of them, still playing cards with each other.

Very quietly, I said, “Rath, bring me those bottles. Xav, are there caps or corks?” Rath was surprisingly amenable, and brought them over to the kitchen counter. I quickly filled nine bottles with acid, passing them out to the others. The corks wouldn’t last long, but they would stop them from getting burned by accident in the next few minutes.
“Time?” Rath asked.

We nodded.

He made his way out of the kitchen and up the hall to the door in the east wall of the guard room. I slipped past the open archway leading in to the room from the west, to the opening at the north-west corner of the room. When I saw the door start to move, I reached out with my mystic hand and turned down the wick on the lamp in the guardroom. It was directly opposite the door Rath was coming through.

“Aw shit, is it out of oil already?” The guard on the south side of the table got up to check the lamp as the flame guttered out. Using the dim light of the lamps outside the room to see, he pulled the lamp off it’s wall-stand. “It has oil still. Must be the wi…”

If he noticed Rath at all it was briefly, while Rath’s weapon cut his throat.

I had already slipped up behind the other guard. I caught the falling lamp in my mage hand while I put my dagger to his throat. In his ear I whispered, “One sound and you die,” with every iota of rage and hate that these weeks imprisoned had imparted.

He sat. the. fuck. down. and. was. silent. Punch relit the lamp while Xav and Rath tied up our new chucklehead. We found guard uniforms – score leather armour! – and some more useful items while Chuckles wore the gimp mask and a mouth full of rag. He did say something once, but when I slit the skin on his chin and hissed, “one more sound, go on…?” he stayed very quiet.

Once we were equipped, we questioned Chuckles some more. He was very helpful. When Xav questioned him about a way out, and where our stuff was being held in evidence.* He scratched out a rough map of the way out. Punch wanted information about what to expect on the other side of the gate – and he obliged there too. I tested him with things we already knew – like the ‘open gate’ protocol – to keep him honest.

Eventually we dressed him as a prisoner, clapped him back in irons, and gimped his head up.

“Ok, what’s the next step?” I asked. “He’s been helpful, so I don’t want to kill him until he isn’t helpful anymore.”

“We get through the next room, then the next,” Punch said. “One step at a time.”

- - -

What follows hasn’t happened – it’s what Val suggests we do next.

“Fair enough,” I said. “But if we can plan a little further ahead that’d be great. Like, how about we set a fire in the dungeon to become a problem after we’re out of here? Once we’re past the next room of guards a distraction will... Oh! I can melt their bodies to goo, I think. What if we put half of each dead guy in our cells, and I use acid to goo them and then use lamp oil to light them on fire? When the gate is open with "two leaving," one of us yells “We're being attacked by magic!” If they run in, we all hide and run out after they are past us. If they don’t, we storm them while tossing lamps into the room, and follow Chuckle’s route out.”

- - -

* I’m not sure if we asked this in session or not, but Val will definitely ask before we break out.

Online John Albert

• Stopped Going Outside
« Reply #322 on: January 15, 2018, 01:35:49 AM »

Bloody hell! My apologies.

You all get 1000 XP for your coordinated escape plan, ad hoc though it may have been.

Offline PANTS!

• One leg at a time.
« Reply #323 on: January 15, 2018, 04:42:51 PM »

You all get 1000 XP for your coordinated escape plan, ad hoc though it may have been.

Wow - that's the first xp I've gotten in a loong while.   :laugh:  :P 
Now where I come from
-Uptown, Prince 👉

Online John Albert

• Stopped Going Outside
« Reply #324 on: January 15, 2018, 08:22:42 PM »

You got XP for the expedition down in the sewers with the military, didn't you?

Offline PANTS!

• One leg at a time.
« Reply #325 on: January 15, 2018, 09:42:15 PM »

Nope.

Nor any the session before that.
Now where I come from
-Uptown, Prince 👉

Online John Albert

• Stopped Going Outside
« Reply #326 on: January 15, 2018, 10:19:24 PM »
Let's discuss this next session.

Offline PANTS!

• One leg at a time.
« Reply #327 on: January 15, 2018, 10:31:34 PM »
Now where I come from
-Uptown, Prince 👉

Offline brilligtove

• Too Much Spare Time
« Reply #328 on: January 16, 2018, 12:12:32 AM »

Nope.

Nor any the session before that.

That brings Val to L4 Rogue. I've put the 2 ability score points into Charisma, which is now 19. That puts him at 3100/6500 for his next level.

Offline Morvis13

• Big Ol' Goober
  • Planetary Skeptic
  • Natural Source of Paranoia
« Reply #329 on: January 16, 2018, 08:36:47 AM »
I added Rath journal to roll20.
Murphy's Law: Anything that can go wrong will go wrong.
Morvis' Law: Anything that does go wrong is my fault.

personate-rain
personate-rain