Author Topic: Has any song or band ever helped you through a difficult period in life?  (Read 571 times)

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Frequent Poster
I've seen various people (not here on this forum) write that this or that song or band helped them during a difficult time or period of their life.

Has this been the case with anyone here? If so, what song or band was it, and what kind of difficult time/period was it?
"Large skepticism leads to large understanding. Small skepticism leads to small understanding. No skepticism leads to no understanding." - Xi Zhi

Offline Drunken Idaho

• Natural Blonde
  • Reef Tank Owner
  • Comrade Questions
Not sure if this is exactly what you mean, but the "March of the Incoming Nazis" from Shostakovich VII got me through the most brutal day of Houston's fire academy. I dearly love the piece, and the march has a repetitive Bolero-like melody that I could latch on to while pushing my body.

Strange women lying in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government.

Offline Calinthalus

• Stopped Going Outside
    • My Page
I went through a bad bout of depression 15 or so years ago.  I buried myself in Counting Crows "August and Everything After" album.
"I think computer viruses should count as life. Maybe it says something about human nature, that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. Talk about creating life in our own image."
--Stephen Hawking

Offline Zelda McMuffin

• Triskaidekaphilic
Stornoway has been helping me through the sudden passing of a friend, particularly this song: Farewell Appalachia https://g.co/kgs/GJ1Nkj

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Offline Viktor

• Brand New
Yes, I can say that Jamiroqai helped me to cope with a difficult period of my life...

personate-rain