Author Topic: New Roll20 Game With Y'all - Old School GAMMA WORLD  (Read 4969 times)

Offline brilligtove

• Too Much Spare Time
  • Ignorance can be cured. Stupidity, you deal with.
Re: New Roll20 Game With Y'all - Old School GAMMA WORLD
« Reply #105 on: September 21, 2018, 08:58:44 PM »
So Sunday then?
evidence trumps experience | performance over perfection | responsibility – authority = scapegoat | emotions motivate; data doesn't

Offline PANTS!

• One leg at a time.
  • Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
  • What seals? I auditioned for this job.
« Reply #106 on: September 21, 2018, 09:03:23 PM »
Sunday.  Morvis can you make Sun AM?
Now where I come from
We don't let society tell us how it's supposed to be
-Uptown, Prince 👉

The world is on its elbows and knees
It's forgotten the message and worships the creeds

Offline Morvis13

• Big Ol' Goober
  • Planetary Skeptic
  • Natural Source of Paranoia
« Reply #107 on: September 21, 2018, 10:43:56 PM »
Let me know the time others are arriving and I should be there.
Murphy's Law: Anything that can go wrong will go wrong.
Morvis' Law: Anything that does go wrong is my fault.

Offline brilligtove

• Too Much Spare Time
« Reply #108 on: September 21, 2018, 11:36:39 PM »
Sunday AM is a rough call for me, but should be possible if there are at least two digits in hours hand.
evidence trumps experience | performance over perfection | responsibility – authority = scapegoat | emotions motivate; data doesn't

Offline Morvis13

• Big Ol' Goober
  • Planetary Skeptic
« Reply #109 on: September 21, 2018, 11:37:53 PM »
10-12 would be good for me

Offline wastrel

• Great poster... or greatest poster?
  • Technical Administrator
  • Science: A cold-hearted bitch with a 14" strap-on
« Reply #110 on: September 21, 2018, 11:39:46 PM »
if we can make it closer to 12p EDT I should be able to be on

Offline brilligtove

• Too Much Spare Time
« Reply #111 on: September 21, 2018, 11:53:19 PM »
Can you after noon, Morvie?

Offline Morvis13

• Big Ol' Goober
  • Planetary Skeptic
« Reply #112 on: September 22, 2018, 07:59:23 PM »
closer to 1 is good for me.

Offline brilligtove

• Too Much Spare Time
« Reply #113 on: September 22, 2018, 08:40:53 PM »
I can play for a few hours between 12 and 4, but if I want to stay married I have to also do work around the house in the afternoon. :) 1-4 would work for me, I think.

Offline wastrel

• Great poster... or greatest poster?
  • Technical Administrator
  • Science: A cold-hearted bitch with a 14" strap-on
« Reply #114 on: September 22, 2018, 09:11:37 PM »
sounds good to me

Offline PANTS!

• One leg at a time.
  • What seals? I auditioned for this job.
« Reply #115 on: September 22, 2018, 09:52:58 PM »
Done.
Now where I come from
We don't let society tell us how it's supposed to be
-Uptown, Prince 👉

The world is on its elbows and knees
It's forgotten the message and worships the creeds

Offline brilligtove

• Too Much Spare Time
« Reply #116 on: September 23, 2018, 01:16:22 PM »
These are my raw game notes from our SGW sessions.

2017-12-15
Lay the beads down.

Stench of death. Val covers it a bit.

12 buck being eaten by some terrible plants.

The bridge over the river is in rough shape. Our 800kg Seth is not sure he can cross the bridge. Biggly Biggly (the giant ape guide) .

Val spewed out illusions all over the place: a wall of flame, a gout of meat-stench, a Phoenix erupting from a cloud of dust, an army of skeletons, a cacophony of sound and light and scent encasing the enemy's heads. He shot a few arrows after getting out of the way.

I duplicated Seth to scare off the others.

2017-12-16
From the dead: 15GP, 28 Domars

Injured man. We healed him. He's from Greenborough.
Omega healed him, and he gave us an amulet.
Theta found out it was found 20 years ago in a research facility called "At At".

I figured out that the L shaped device is a pistol that throws darts that are delivered through some gel.

2017-12-21
Shortly after awakening, tied up in a cave, we were given some bad food scraps. We followed the 'person' who fed us (Val ate the food herself) back to a room where 5 of the beasts were. Three were cooking. Two were approaching a weird poster. Val started to heat up those two and their poster, and walked right in to the three making the food. The whole party dove into combat. Val, believing she is essentially invulnerable, is acting like a Tank. Seth had some fresh meat, too.

The others left. Val kept eating, hiding behind the pot when more of the bastards returned. Finally full, she followed them down the tunnel the others moved down. What she walked into was... well the only word is AWESOME. She has no idea how Seth has suddenly become an ARMY of Dino-Death, but there's a dozen of him now! Since she's bringing up the rear, her plan is to start the burninating while creating the illusion that she is actually another 3 Seths, advancing hungrily. :)

2018-01-20
The Badder beasts were pretty shocked to be confronted with 13 versions of the huge dinosaur. I collected some berries, nuts, and dried meats from the dead creatures. Val tried to cook some of them while hiding in an illusion. One of them was able to resist my pyrokinesis.

We escaped to the southeastern edge of a forest. To the East and South there are grasslands and rolling hills.

2018-02-02
The many faces of Seth came back with an artifact that had two rings connected by a band. Night vision goggles. UV and IR spectrum.

The berry dream tells us that the lightning struck tree that fell across our path is pointing the way to salvation. We follow it.

I found a cicada that munstermaster-John used to infiltrate the Joix factory.

2018-09-15
The AI outside the factory wants our help. If we can get rid of the mutants in the factory the AI will help us - food, and maybe other stuff too.

Mosimo (Wastrel) appears - barely, given he's a chameleon - and shows up as trustworthy to Seth and Val. We welcome his help. He wants food at the end of it.

We attack Mme Bukbuk. Seth takes a big bite. Val runs in to unpress the alarm button. Val sees a security robot. Val freaks the fuck out, fleeing against a door for TWENTY DAMN MINUTES.

The AI calms down Val using some sort of sonic animal control techniques at high power.

Offline brilligtove

• Too Much Spare Time
« Reply #117 on: September 23, 2018, 03:22:17 PM »
If it's in [square brackets]it's Out Of Character commentary and speculation.

The others move the security robots out of the way, so Val can rejoin them.
Seth (Morvis) collects a rifle from one of his recent meals and heals up. Mosimo (Wastrel) takes a pistol. With Mosi in the lead and Seth in the rear, we use our red swipe card to make our way through several rooms and a hallway. Val can sense several mutant presences nearby - a useful talent for her, given she's nearly blind. The rooms we go through are plastered with the same orange 3-leaf symbol we see on the doors [radiation symbol]. There are signs saying "Radiation Area" too, but we don't know what that mean and we're on a chicken hunt.
 In the NW room we find a machine that has a conveyor belt running through a tube, with a caged chicken on the belt. It isn't moving and doesn't appear to pose an immediate threat. [X-Ray machine?] There's also a nest of glowing green eggs and other weird equipment - but we have mayhem to make, so we save them for later. Val is a bit surprised that Seth is hanging back so much, not realizing how badly hurt he is. [Down to 6hp!]

Mosimo stays in the lead as we head South down a corridor. Sometimes it's helpful to have a nearly invisible beastie on point man. The corridor ends in a door to the South and one one the East wall. Val knows the GMCs are now to the North and a bit East, so Masi goes in.

This small room [4x6m] has two large glass booths on the east wall. Each is labelled Contamination Removal Unit. A nice idea, but based on the dead, skin sloughing off GMC in the south unit, it's not always effective. Also, these things smell pretty good when they're cooked. [Val has a mutation called Increased Metabolism that causes character to spend 25% of each day searching for and consuming food. After every full minute of combat or other strenuous activity she must stop and rest for 30 seconds or pass out for 1d20 minutes.] We are now only 10m south of our targets, so Mosi boldly opens the door in the North wall. He takes fire immediately. The attackers can's see him, but the alarm blared a while ago and the door opened and SHOOT IT!

Masimo ducks into the room to get out of the line of fire. The last room in this little maze has a table with a barely alive GMC on it. A robot is poking around at the chicken, but doesn't seem to be aggressive with it. The other two GMCs are a lot more interesting, given that they are shooting at us.

Val peeks around the corner, to target the GMCs with her pyro. [It does 1d6 cumulative damage each round, but doesn't need an attack roll. Starts out irritating, but after a little while it gets really nasty. She can't use it to it's full potential because of that increased metabolism mutation. After six 10s rounds she has to rest for 30s. The target will be on fire at that point though, so she's not complaining. This stacks nicely with Dual Brain and Duality, which give her an insane four actions per attack turn.] She starts to lightly roast all three GMCs, but the partial cover of the doorway is not enough. The shooters hit her for 12hp of laser damage to the face. While that isn't a fatal hit for her it would have been really really bad. In this case, that's when she finds out that lasers heal her like fire does, and that the excess energy can be directed at a new target. [She had taken 4hp from the AI calming her down last time, so 8hp damage shot toward the GMCs, but fizzled out 3m ahead of her.] With that realization Val's overconfidence kicks into high gear. She pulls her sword and storms the room giggling gleefully like the little girl she is. The GMCs blasts her again, confused and frightened by someone small enough to have trouble holding her weapon. They hit her for a lot of damage, but it bounces again and hammers them both. Now laughing gleefully, Val raises an illusory wall of flame behind her (to cover Seth's entry to the room), and dumps some more pyro into all 3 GMCs.

They die. A moment later the one on the table burst into flame. The robot vet's wild beeping turned into a flat tone, and it retracted into a storage space against the wall.

Now that there is no immediate threat, Seth limps in, bleeding and in pain. Val finally notices how hurt he is. She turns to the AI - a camera mounted in the corner - and gives it a thumbs up and a hopeful look. The camera swivels back and forth: no. She points to Seth's wounds next, looking back at the camera with an open handed shrug. It swivels to point at the medical robot, which activates and says, "Next patient."
Seth gets on the table. The robot examines him, but after a few minutes it says he's got "Unknown morphology" and it doesn't do anything. Seth and Masimo look for bandages to at least stop the bleeding. The robot then starts pulling out a bunch of stuff. Val starts trying to figure out what the strange artifacts do while the others do some more traditional binding of wounds. After 5 minutes of exploration of a tubular artifact, Val thinks she's figured it out. The AI's help made a big difference. [Val's got +4 to figure out artifacts, and the AI gave her another +2. A few good roles, and we were there.] The tube has a hollowed out structure inside. She holds it over Seth's wounds and presses the button, which causes a semi-solid spray to spew out, covering the wounds and hardening.

Val realizes that this device is not for use on humans - it might poison them - but for animals it can close wounds and heal some damage. [Seth's up to 21hp now - less than half his max, but a LOT better than 6hp!]

----

That's it for today's session. I fear for what Val will do next. She's 16, really hard to hurt, can light you on fire with her mind, and now thinks she's basically invulnerable. I can hardly wait for the next combat where the 4'10" little girl steps in front of the 8' tall T-Rex-looking terrorbeast, and says, "Stay back, Seth! I'll protect you!"
« Last Edit: September 23, 2018, 08:38:37 PM by brilligtove »

Offline Morvis13

• Big Ol' Goober
  • Planetary Skeptic
« Reply #118 on: September 27, 2018, 08:27:13 AM »
Only available Sunday evening around 8pm EST this weekend. Hope we can play.

Offline brilligtove

• Too Much Spare Time
« Reply #119 on: September 27, 2018, 08:38:09 AM »
That time works for me.

personate-rain
personate-rain